Slow Dance

300 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Babe, come on we have to get going if you want to shop souvenirs for everyone in the office!” I yell from downstairs and I hear her rummage stuff in the room upstairs. I chuckle at the thought that she’s probably looking all silly, moving quickly and probably without caution. I take care of the kitchen while she’s taking forever to prepare. I keep the dishes on the sink and put the milk back inside the fridge and shake my head upon seeing the cereal box open. I cooked pancakes and bacon and she still had cereal after. She’s such an eater when she’s got time. But I’m glad because she’s not one to eat proper meals, so her eating a lot is important to me. I take a container from the cupboard to transfer the cereal and just when I’m pouring the cereal in it, something catches my attention.

“Hey, sorry I took long!” I immediately keep it in my pocket. She shows up panting and I smile upon the sight of her in a white sleeveless romper. She looks radiant as her hair falls on one side and the little blush on her cheeks, “What are you doing?”

“Oh. Just cleaning things up,” I tell her as I make my way to her, “You clean up pretty nice,” I say.

“You’re not so bad yourself. I don’t see the terror boss from Two Moons right now,” She answers and I roll my eyes at her. A small chuckle escapes her lips and she gives me a soft kiss on the cheek, “I forgot my camera up stairs! I’ll be back!” She storms up again.

“You took forever and you still forgot something?!” I yell from behind her and she just exclaims a sorry and laughs.

Someone then knocks on the front door. Making my way to open it, I idly wonder who could it be. We sure aren’t expecting anyone today. I’m suddenly nervous. It couldn’t be my mother, right? She’s still technically out of the country and she isn’t arriving until the day before the gala. I take a deep breath before placing my hand on the doorknob. I twist it open and to my surprise, a very familiar male specie stands.

“Luhan?” I ask and the Chinese-lady-looking-but-manly-claiming man smiles widely at me. He opens his arms and launches himself for a big hug and I’m surprised and confused to see him here, “What- how-”

“Catherine said you’d be here and you are!” He exclaims and invites himself in after releasing me from the hug. He starts looking around and I give him a confused gaze, “So, where is she?”

“Who?” He turns to me and arches a brow.

“The girl from the story,” He answers.

“What?”

“Catherine told me about her, too. You know, your pretty little girlfriend. I want to meet her. I heard so much about her! Did she really barge in your room to wake you up? Man, someone has to give that girl a trophy. Remember when I went to your hotel room once in London, you nearly killed me and-”

“Okay! Enough,” I tell him and he shuts up, “What are you even doing here? I didn’t know you were around,”

“Oh. Remember that girl Seulji?”

“Yeah, isn’t she the one you had a thing with for like…three days?” Seulji—if I remember correctly—is the woman Luhan had a thing with when we attended the conference in London and they had a thing longer than a day but lesser than a week. I’ve never seen or heard of her after that and Luhan didn’t speak to her—as far as I know.

“Four, actually. Including the last day we had,” He says and I roll my eyes at him, “Anyway, we’re getting married and tonight’s our engagement party. I told Catherine like last weekend and she told me the other day you’ll come on her behalf and that you’d be taking your girlfriend. So, where is she? I’d like to meet her.”

“What?” is all I could say after his big announcement. I can’t even grasp the fact that he’s here. He left a few months back and we haven’t had the chance to talk considering that we’re both busy and he’s all the way in China, “You’re getting married and tonight is your engagement party?”

“Yes and I’d like to invite you but more importantly I’d like to meet her. Can I meet her? Is she even around? Why are you alone? And wow you look good in white; you should wear white more often. I think it’s your color, you know. You just look-” He stops the moment Haerin comes hurrying from upstairs as she fishes something in her bag. When she looks up, two shocked orbs lay on Luhan and he immediately launches himself to hug her, “Oh my god! You must be her!”

Haerin looks at me from Luhan’s shoulder and he pulls away from the hug, “Um yeah, I guess?” She answers confused.

“You look nice! You look nice! You should wear white more often, it’s your color!”

“Thanks and you too, I think powder blue is your color,” She tells him coyly with a wry smile on her face.

“Oh, stop it. You’re too sweet!” He tells her and then looks at me, “So, let’s go?”

“Huh? Where are we going?” Haerin asks, still confused. She gives me a look and I can only chuckle at how confused she looks. The way she looks like she has no idea—well, she doesn’t—about what’s happening at all is one of the many looks I can get used to looking at.

“We’re going to my engagement party. It’s happening tonight and Sehun is invited but more importantly I had to meet you. So tell me, did you really barge into his room to wake him up?” Luhan links arms with her and drags her out and Haerin looks back at me with wide eyes and I just shrug at her.

 

Luhan takes us to where his engagement party is happening. And as expected, there are a lot of people. Luhan is very friendly. He considers everyone his friend and I won’t be surprised if he invited everyone that he talked to his entire life to this party. I follow behind Haerin who still looks confused and still in the arms of Luhan who is greeting an ocean of guests as we walk through where he claimed his furture wife would be. The party isn’t at all a glamorous engagement party. In fact, everyone’s in pretty much his or her swimwear.

We stop at a table and I’m seeing familiar faces—Tao and Kris—are together with Seulji—who now have longer and darker hair. I’m quite nonplussed with the appearance of our two other Chinese friends. As far as I know, they’re not even in the same continent anymore. Last I heard of Kris he was in Los Angeles and Tao was somewhere in England.

“Look who’s here!” Luhan exclaims, catching the attention of the three. Tao, Kris and Seulji looks up at us, nonplussed and makes their way to greet us and give us hugs.

“If it isn’t the baby!” Kris exclaims as he gives me a one-arm hug and I hug him back, “Wow. You sure still look smooth as ,” He says. Kris loves teasing me about my skin and how good I take care of it like I’m a girl.

“Dude!” Tao pulls me from Kris and he gives me a one-arm hug as well, “You’re actually alive! I was in Korea like a few weeks ago and I called your secretary but she said she has no contact with you anymore,”

“Aubrey no longer works for me, man,” I tell him.

“What? But she’s hot!” I make a face at him and he then turns his gaze to Haerin, “And who is this pretty lady?” He takes her hand and places a kiss on the back of her hand, “I’m Tao,”

“And I’m Sehun’s girlfriend,” She smiles at him and Tao’s face falls to the ground. Haerin shakes his hand causing Tao to bitterly shake hers back, “Nice to meet you, Tao.”

“Nice intro. I’m Kris. Nice to meet you,”

Luhan then snatches Haerin’s attention yet again but this time he’s got Seulji next to him, “Haerin I’d like you to meet my fiancé, Seulji. She’s Korean!”

“Hi, nice to meet you and congratulations!” Haerin enthusiastically tells her and they shake hands. She then turns to Luhan, “And umm, you haven’t introduced yourself to me mister. You spoke so much but never of your name,”

We all burst laughing, “This is Luhan. He talks a lot,” Seulji answers with a small chuckle.

“Oh. Nice to meet you, Luhan. Finally got your name,”

Seulji asks us if we want any food and Haerin initiates to help out get us food. She gives me a reassuring look she’ll be okay so I stay with the lads. We sit on our designated table while the rest parties by the pool. It seems like everyone Luhan and Seulji knew their entire lives are actually here. It’s pretty chaotic, but I missed partying. It’s been a while.

“Where’s Catherine?” Tao asks as he chugs on his bottle of beer. Meanwhile, Kris places a newly opened bottle across me and I thank him.

“You and Kitty Cath isn’t one to miss parties,” Kris adds and I let out a small laugh. Well, we weren’t always prim and proper when we were overseas. Catherine and I partied along with Kris, Tao and Luhan. We weren’t the wild kind, though. We just had lots of fun. But then business called and ever since I got busy with Two Moons I’ve never partied anymore.

“She’s in the office now, probably working with Joonmyeon in my absence,” I tell them and chug on my beer.

“Does she know about you and Haelin?”

“Yeah and it’s Haerin,” I correct Tao and he rolls his eyes on me, “Anyway, how long are you guys staying here for?”

“Well, my mother’s visiting for a business in Seoul so I think I’m going to be around for a couple more weeks. I don’t know about this bastard though,” Kris answers as he nudges Tao who is adjusting the rings around his fingers. This boy will never not wear rings.

“I think I’ll be around for a couple more weeks, too.”

“Yeah because what else are you going to do in China when you’ve visited all the clubs they have open,” Kris interjects.

Luhan then joins us and so the real talk begins. We chat about the things we’ve missed in each other’s lives. A lot has changed and I’ve missed a lot of things about them. Kris has stopped pretending to be interested in his mom’s culinary business and is now thinking of creating his own magazine. Tao on the other hand, other than partying, is very active in the fashion industry and will pursue high-fashion modeling, although last time we hung out, he’s been getting a lot of offers. Luhan is still partners with his father in the advertising business and their company is doing well, too and talks about expansion is around the corner. Working alongside Luhan is his future wife—Seulji—whom apparently looked for Luhan when she was sent to China for a film convention and after that they never parted anymore and is now about to get married.

“I’m pretty shocked you remembered how each other looks with clothes on,” Tao joked and Luhan almost died from choking. Luhan and Seulji had a thing that lasted for more than a day but less than a week. It was that kind of thing.

“We had clothes on when we first met, thank you very much.”

“Yeah you had them on for five minutes,” Kris interjects and the table bursts laughing. He then looks at me, “What about you man, how’d you meet your girlfriend? I haven’t heard of her anywhere,”

“Oh. You’ll be surprised to know who she is,” Luhan says after wiping his lips with a tissue.

I give him a look and then look at the guys, “She applied as an intern early this summer,”

“Wow. An intern? That’s a first,” Tao says and I roll my eyes at him, “I can just imagine your first meeting; crowded room, but your eyes ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter