Chapter 7

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Chapter 7:


Never in a million years did I think that I'd be in this situation. And to think it was all because of Junhyuk. I mean why did he show up at my house to try and ruin things?

It's not like he cares about me anymore? If he did he wouldn't have cheated multiple times on me. Why humiliate me in front of my family and Hakyeon? Why?

Was ruining two years of my life not enough for him?

I placed my head back against my door and I wipe my tears away. I hate him.

Suddenly a knock sounds on my door and my heart rate sky rockets.

"Honey, let me in." My mom's voice calls out soothingly from the other side of the door. I bite my lip and hold my tears in, how could I possibly face a single one of them now?

"Inha, please." My mom knocks once again.

I let out a low sigh before sliding back up into a standing position, I unlock the door and step away allowing my mom to enter the room. Once she sees my swollen and red eyes she sighs and opens her arms wide ready for a hug.

I felt a bit relived at that sight so I quickly run into her arms wrapping my own arms tightly around her waist. Her hands soothingly run circles on my back as I cry into her shoulder.

A few minutes pass before she pulls back and directs me to sit on my bed beside her. She tucks the loose strands of hair behind my ears before smiling and patting my shoulder.

I look away from her still embarrassed.

The hand on my shoulder leaves only to pat me on the knee. "You don't have to be so upset, Inha."

I let my gaze rest on her hand on my knee. "Yes I do. I'm so embarrassed, that stuff that Junhyuk said was private. I didn't want anyone to know and especially not my family or Hakyeon for that matter."

She sighs and I hear her making a tsking sound. "That boy I swear, I should've kicked him out the moment I knew he was in the house."

"Is dad mad?" I say finally looking up to make eye contact with her.

She gives me a knowing look. "Honey I know you know that you're dad is old fashioned. That you should only have after marriage and stuff, but I think he knew deep down that his little girl was growing up. This just confirms it."

I frown even more. Great he's definitely disappointed then.

"Just give him an hour or so and he'll be fine." She chuckles. "I'll give him a talking to."

I swallow the lump that had formed in my throat. "Is Hakyeon still here?" My hands nervously move to wring together in my lap. "Or did he leave?" I knew he didn't have a ride or anything but maybe he called someone to come pick him up?

"He's downstairs pacing back and forth in the hall." She smiles. "He wanted to come up here and check on you but I told him I would do so first."

"Thanks." I sigh to myself. At least my mom seems to be pretty chill about this.

"So do you want to tell me about when you and Junhyuk deepened your relationship?" She speaks up clearing .

My eyes slightly widen. "Not really. It wasn't anything I really enjoyed doing with him so I don't think I'd enjoy talking about it either."

"What do you mean?" She questions me, one of her eyebrows raised.

My thumbs touch mindlessly out of nervousness and pure embarrassment. This wasn't something I wanted to talk about but I guess I could at least tell my mom.

"Well I didn't necessarily want to have with him. I only did so because I thought he would get mad and break up with me had I not. It was late into junior year when it first happened, and it just wasn't something I wanted to do with him again." I admit, I shudder a bit at the memories. He wasn't very gentle during it and he didn't go about it in a romantic way at all.

"But I continued to do it regardless because at the time I thought that's what couples do." I shrug, it eventually got bearable but I never initiated anything of the sort. "But once I found out he was cheating I cut him off. Since the end of senior year I've only been with him in that way once."

My mom nods. "I'm glad you're talking about this and not bottling it up inside. Just know that no one can force you to do anything, and if you don't want to do it don't do it." She grabs my hand. "I'm sorry I wasn't more observant about those things."

"It's fine you were busy with work and I'm not your only kid." I squeeze her hand. It felt good to admit this to someone. I felt so dumb because of what I had done in the past. All because I wanted Junhyuk to like me and then he ended up cheating on me.

"I know but I still should've been there for you." She frowns but slowly a small smile appears on her face. "I'll talk to your father about things and try to lighten him up." She stands and leans down kissing my forehead. "I'll also send Hakyeon up." She leaves me alone once again leaving my door cracked.

My heart beat increases again. I hope he doesn't break up with me. I mean I feel pretty undesirable right now. The next thing I knew Hakyeon was standing in front of me and my eyes widen. I quickly stand and lower my head to avoid looking at him.

"I'm sorry." I mumble.

"What for?" He chuckles a bit causing me to look up at him. His hand softly meets with my cheek. "I'm not mad, well not at you. I mean you were with him for a while I figured that much had happened between you two. But him rubbing it in my face pisses me off." Hakyeon says shaking his head.

I take a deep breath. "Well I'm sorry that he said those things."

"Don't be its not your fault he's an ." He laughs. "By the way your brother's went after him."

My eyes widen once again. "What?"

Hakyeon smirks. "I'm just kidding your father stopped them."

I sigh relieved, Hakyeon takes my hand into his and weaves his fingers through mine. I smile down at our intertwinned hands. I love how he accepts me despite my mistakes.

"Shall we go down to dinner then?" He tugs on my hand a bit. But I stay put and he pauses to look down at me.

"I don't think I can face them right now." I bite my lip, he releases my hand and sighs.

"They're your family and I'm sure they'll forgive you." He moves towards my door. "Come on."

I glance up after him as he continues to walk towards my door. I quickly run up to him and wrap my arms around his waist from behind. He froze in place and glances over his shoulder waiting for me to speak.

I bury my face into his broad back and exhale slowly. What happens if one day Hakyeon leaves me too? Like Junhyuk did. I don't want to go through the pain Junhyuk put me through again.

And for some reason I feel like Hakyeon betraying me or him deciding one day he doesn't like me anymore that I'd be hurt even more by that moment than the years I put up with Junhyuk's cheating. Was it okay to fall this deepily for him? Was it okay for me to trust him?

Was it okay for me to be happy again?

I needed to know.

"Hakyeon?" I mutter against his shoulder blade.

"Hmm?" He says the vibrations from his vocal cords moving rumbles against my cheek.

"I know you like me but if come a day you don't anymore just tell me please don't cheat on me." I murmur quietly, my lips quivering. "Because I can't deal with that kind of pain again."

I felt his hands lower to grasp onto my wrists. He pulls them away from his waist so he can turn around to face me. His arms immediately wrapping me up in his warmth. His hands slowly smooth up my back to rest on my neck forcing my face up in his direction. His eyes bore into mine as he places a peck on my nose and then moving on to my lips.

The kiss was short and sweet, and when he pulls away he's smiling. "I'd be crazy to ever leave you." He pokes my nose and takes my hand into his dragging me out of my room. My heart thumps happily and a wide smile forms on my lips.

I just need to remember;

Things will get worse before they get better.

And lucky for me things are starting to look up.


A/N:

Well sorry for not updating in well forever it seems! Anyways this may or may not be the last chapter I haven't quite decided yet.

Let me know what you think!

As of right now it is considered finished, although I may be writing an epilogue!