Chapter 5

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Chapter 5:

This is the last part I have fully written out on my phone. I sadly haven't finished writing it out yet.


-Four days later-

 

I was supposed to visit Junhyuk today so I got ready and headed out. I arrived at his house an hour early but I didn't care. I park across the street in my usual spot and pull my key out for his house and head inside.  Today was also the day I was supposed to break up with him. I was nervous on how he'd react but it had to be done. I wanted to be with Hakyeon.

 

I take off my shoes and look around. Where was he?

 

He wasn't downstairs waiting on me like usual but that could be because I was early. I head upstairs and on the way up I noticed a black fabric lying on the ground. I bent down to pick it up but stop when my fingers are inches away. It was a pair of , black lacy ones. Those weren't mine. And I don't see his mom wearing them.

 

I frown and continue upstairs. Shortly after I heard noises. I swallow, I knew what those sounds meant. I wasn't stupid. 

 

 I turn back around and head back out to my car. Once inside I let out a low scream. That . 

 

Yaeun was right, I had my proof now. I rest my head on my steering wheel and a few tears fall from my eyes. It hurt even though I no longer had feelings for him, I've wasted two years on him. I'm such a fool. An idiot.

 

How many girls has he been with? Should I get checked out? Any of them could've had STDs. He wouldn't even think to ask, because he doesn't think too much into it. , I really am such an idiot.

 

I wipe my tears as I start my car and drive off. It hurt, but not as much I thought it would. The next time I saw him I was ending it. I would've today but I didn't want to see what was going on his bedroom.

 

Without even thinking I drive straight to Hakyeon's. I look up surprised whenever I pull into his parking lot. I park and sit there for a few minutes. I haven't spoken to him since the movie night. Since the night he kissed me.

 

I unbuckle my seatbelt and my phone buzzes.

 

To: Inha

From: Junhyuk

Where are you? 

 

I chuck my phone into my passenger seat and get out of my car. I head into Hakyeon's apartment building, to his door and knock.

 

Shortly after Hakyeon answers the door.

 

His eyes were a bit dull. "Inha?" My heart races at the sight of him but I also feel relieved.

 

I immediately wrap my arms around his waist pushing him inside his apartment, closing the door behind us. My lips connect with his, his hands quickly wrap around my waist holding me closer.

 

His hands curve down my hoisting me up. I instantly wrap my legs around his waist as he presses me against the wall. His tongue moving past his lips and nudging my lower lip. I open my mouth allowing him entry. His tongue slips inside my mouth examining every part of it, my own tongue would teasingly touch his.

 

My hands tugged at his hair trying to pull him closer. Meanwhile I felt my heart racing, he didn't push me away. He pulled me in and it didn't seem like he was going to let go for a while.

 

Sadly the world must've been against us because someone clearing their throat breaks us apart. Hakyeon reluctantly pulls away. He sits me down on my feet and we turn towards his roommate Sungwoon, the one interrupting us.

 

"Can you not get it on in the hall? Or while I'm here for that matter?" He glares at us. My cheeks must've turned bright red because they're burning hot right now. I look down embarrassed.

 

"Sorry." Hakyeon mutters.

 

"Can we talk?" I ask him reaching out to grab his hand.

 

He looks down at me and nods. I pull him outside and to my car. We just sit inside in silence until I speak up, like usual. I loved this part about him, he would wait until I was ready to talk and not push me.

 

"I'm breaking up with Junhyuk." I tell him.

 

His head whips in my direction. "What?"

 

"I went to his house today and I heard him with some girl." I admit. "But I had already decided on ending it after our anniversary anyways."

 

"Are you alright?" He says placing a hand on my arm, looking genuinely concerned.

 

I nod. "I don't like him anymore. I haven't for a while."

 

Hakyeon just nods. "Is that why you decided on breaking up with him?"

 

I shrug. "Kind of."

 

He chuckles. "Kind of?"

 

"I just-I like you, Hakyeon." I say slowly and quietly. I look straight into his eyes

 

His eyes rounded. Silence follows.

 

"I'm sorry," He pauses and my heart cracks a bit. What was he going to say? "I'm just surprised that's all, I didn't think I'd ever get to hear you say that. I was unprepared." He lets a wide smile spread out across his face and my heart eases. One of his hands moves to caress my cheek. 

 

"I'm sorry it took me so long to decide." I my lips and smile.

 

"It's okay. I forgive you." He leans closer. "By the way, I like you too." He puckers his lips expecting a kiss.

 

I smile and quickly press a quick peck on his waiting lips.

 

"I haven't broke up with Junhyuk yet so I don't want to make us official until after I do so." I tell him. "Can we wait to tell the others until then?"

 

He nods. "Yeah of course. But don't make me wait too long."

 

"I won't."

----

-Two days later-

 

To: Inha

From: Junhyuk

I'm visiting my friend, Sungwoon today. He goes to the same college as you. I may visit you afterwards!

 

I sigh, locking my phone. I was at the mall with everyone and we were having a fun time. Way to ruin it, Junhyuk. I just get angry when I see his name or think about him. Right now I was giving him a piece of his own medicine, ignoring him.

 

Hakyeon nudges me giving me a look that asked if I was okay. I nod back towards him and smile.

 

To: Inha

From: Junhyuk

Where are you? Why aren't you answering me?

 

I finally open the texts and open a message to reply.

 

To: Junhyuk

From: Inha

The mall with my friends. Why?

 

I send back not answering his second question.

 

To: Inha

From: Junhyuk

Which mall?

 

I roll my eyes. Why does it matter?

 

To: Junhyuk

From: Inha

The one right beside my campus. Why does it matter?

 

I got no reply after that. I sighed relieved.

 

"Hey let's head to the food court!" Jaehwan squeals. "I'm hungry!"

 

Taekwoon grunts in agreement and shoves his way around Jaehwan leaving the group to get food first.

 

I laugh. Jaehwan grabs mine and Hongbin's hands pulling us after him.

 

After finding Taekwoon we decide on which restaurants we were going to. Jaehwan, Sanghyuk, and I were all ordering from the same restaurant.

 

"Hey Inha." Someone growls grabbing me tightly by the arm. I'm yanked to the side roughly.

 

"Ow." I wince at the persons grip. It was Junhyuk.

 

"Junhyuk? What are you doing here?" I ask him. Is this why he wanted to know what mall I was at?

 

"Hey!" Jaehwan growls coming over beside me. "Let her go, you're hurting her."

 

"Are you him?" Junhyuk glares at Jaehwan.

 

"I don't know what you're talking about, but you'd better un-hand my friend before I get angry." Jaehwan mutters in a voice I've never heard before. I try and release my wrist from his hold but he tightens his grip causing me to wince.

 

"What's going on?" Sanghyuk's on my other side all of the sudden. Jimin had appeared out of nowhere. Sanghyuk held her behind him protectively.

 

"I need to speak with Inha alone." Junhyuk says.

 

"Not with the way you're man handling her you're not." Sanghyuk shoves Junhyuk back aways causing him to release me.

 

"Excuse me but I can touch her how I want." Junhyuk glowers towards him.

 

"She's not an object she's her own person. You can't do anything to her unless she says so." Jimin adds in.

 

"She's my girlfriend, that means I can do what I want." He grabs a hold of my wrist again yanking me forward again.

 

"Inha, are you alright?" Hongbin and Wonshik show up beside Jaehwan.

 

Junhyuk eyes them up and down giving them each a glare.

 

"Who's this?" Wonshik asks.

 

"I'm Junhyuk, her boyfriend." Junhyuk smirks towards the two of them.

 

"Oh, you've never mentioned a boyfriend before." Wonshik says with a sly smile. "Is that why you've always rejected my advances?"

 

I give him a glare. Not the time Wonshik.

 

"Which one is he, Inha?" Junhyuk turns his attention back to me.

 

"Who's who, Junhyuk?" I ask him confused. Taekwoon shows up behind him glaring a hole through his head. Hakyeon stood beside him eyes also sending a glare into the back of his head.

 

"The one you've been cheating on me with."  He answers. Everyone's eyes are on me. Wonshik let out a small gasp. Taekwoon's eyes for the first time ever widen and he glances over at Hakyeon. Does he perhaps know about Hakyeon and I? Maybe he's assumed since he dropped the drunk us off that one night. 

I lower my head, I waited too long to break up with him. "How did you find out?"

 

"His roommate is my friend. Plus I'm not stupid, Inha." He says dropping my arm.

 

"I'm him." Hakyeon speaks up. "The guy she's been with."

 

Everyone's head whips towards Hakyeon, except for Taekwoon who was already looking at him. Wonshik lets out another loud gasp. 

 

Junhyuk turns around and heads towards Hakyeon. Arm raised to punch him. Taekwoon quickly stood in front of him.

 

Junhyuk backed up a bit trying to get around him.

 

"Junhyuk, let's talk." I call out to him. He turns and I move forward grabbing his arm pulling him after me. We move over to a corner table.

 

"What the hell, Inha?" He growls. "How could you do this to me?"

 

"Shut up." I tell him. "Are you happy that you made me seem like a horrible person in front of my friends? You can drop the act now." I send him a glare from across the table.

 

"I don't know what you're talking about." He crosses his arms leaning down onto the table.

 

I snort. "Oh please Junhyuk, you've cheated on me many times before. Don't act so innocent."

 

His eyes widen a bit. "I would never."

 

"Bull. The first time was during my senior year, Yaeun has pictures. Second or third, who knows many the tenth time, Yaeun saw you during the summer with those girls. And then just the other night I came to your house early and heard you with that girl." I say wanting to say more but I wanted this to end quickly. I was done.

 

A frown forms on his face. "Inha it's not what you think."

 

"Just stop, Junhyuk. I'm done playing this relationship thing with you. I'm done pretending that we still like each other, I'm done." I sigh.

 

"Are you breaking up with me?" He scoffs seeming surprised.

 

"Yes Junhyuk, I am. I should've done so a long time ago." I say with a firm voice.

 

"Inha, babe. Please this is all a misunderstanding." He reaches forward to grab my hand.

 

"That's enough. Leave her alone." Hakyeon says stopping Junhyuk's hand that had advanced across the table towards me. Had he been here the whole time?

 

Junhyuk glares at him. "How does it feel to ruin a relationship?"

 

"You should ask yourself that question." Hakyeon retorts giving him a glare.

 

"You act like you're all better than me but you did the same thing I did. You cheated too." He informs us jabbing a finger in both of our directions.

 

Hakyeon snorts. "Please when I first met Inha you weren't dating. You may have had the title Couple to describe you but you both were done by then. She wasn't in love with you anymore. You sure as hell weren't if you were out messing around on her. Boyfriend and girlfriend were just mere titles."

 

Junhyuk claps his hands. "Man you'll win an award for that speech won't you." He sends us both a glare. "You'll both regret this one day. Because I'm not done with you." He gives me one last look before he stalks off.

 

I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and smiled towards Hakyeon. "Guess who's finally single!"

 

"Not you." He smirks. "Or me for that matter." He winks.

 

I chuckle. "Right." I look around him to see our group of friends staring at us.

 

"We should probably explain it all to them." He sighs grabbing my hand and pulling me towards them.

 

Everyone just casually looks around as we sit down at the table.

 

"It's not what you think guys." Hakyeon says once we sit down.

 

"How come you didn't tell us you had a boyfriend?" Sanghyuk starts first.

 

"Well, that's because for the longest time I was unsure if Junhyuk and I were even together." I admit. "We were together for two years and one day he just started to ignore me and that's when Yaeun saw him with the first girl." I lower my head.

 

"You don't have to continue." Hakyeon says.

 

"No I want to." I say looking back towards the others. "When summer session started I was ridiculous, he was cheating on me and I let him. I knew and I still couldn't force myself to end it. Then I sat down and had a talk with Hakyeon."

 

"And then you fell in love!" Sanghyuk smirks.

 

"No they obviously banged first." Wonshik snorts.

 

I send him a glare, but then I saw Taekwoon nodding towards Wonshik.

 

Wonshik smirks and sends me an eyesmile.

 

"What makes you think that?" Hakyeon scoffs towards Taekwoon.

 

"She stayed at your place the night you were drunk as ." Taekwoon mutters.

 

"That doesn't mean we did anything!" Hakyeon crosses his arms across his chest. "Even if we did it's not any of your business."

 

"Anyways." I cut them off. "I obviously fell for this dork." I gesture towards Hakyeon. "And then I wanted to be with him instead of that jerk."

 

"It's okay, Inha." Jaehwan laughs. "We don't think anything bad of you, we all pretty much knew that you two liked each other. And well Hongbin sort of saw you two macking face in the hall that night we had a movie night."

 

"You knew?" I gasp.

 

"Yeah. That and Hongbin told us all about how he saw you in the hall." Sanghyuk smirks. "But I've known since summer session."

 

I whip my head in Hongbin's direction. He shrugs, "What I couldn't keep that to myself!"

 

I give him the stink eye. "Thanks for not judging me." I sigh smiling towards all of them.

 

"You're our friend, we won't judge you. Plus this is just one more thing I can tease Hakyeon about." Sanghyuk chuckles.

 

"Hey I am older than you!" Hakyeon retorts.

 

"So?" Sanghyuk smirks back.


A/N:

Well she's chosen Hakyeon but will Junhyuk be back?
This is sadly the last chapter that I have fully written out, I'll have to continue writing it before I update again!

Also the rest of VIXX and Jimin already knew they liked each other, those sly dogs!