Chapter 2

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Chapter 2:

This part is way longer than the first one! Again sorry for any mistakes!


Two and a half weeks passed and the summer session was coming to its end in three days time. I was actually sad, I had made many new friends here. I didn't want it to end. It was odd because at the beginning I didn't want to come and now I didn't want to leave. It was amazing how a few people can change everything.

 

The thing that worried me the most was not being able to see my friends everyday like I have been. Would I meet them again in the fall when actual classes began? Would we still be as close? More importantly would Hakyeon and I be as close? Lately we had been joined at the hip, he was funny and it was hilarious to be around him and his friends, who had also become my friends. 

 

It took me a week to notice how handsome the man actually was. Not two days after that realization did I realize that I was crushing on him. All my thoughts off Junhyuk were fading away. And Hakyeon was suddenly filling the spaces. Hakyeon was way different than Junhyuk, he was taller, had a darker skin color, he was funny, and he treated me nicely. Then there's Junhyuk, who was serious all of the time.

 

This past few weeks a question had taken over my mind. Are Junhyuk and I even dating? He hasn't text me at all during the summer break? He hasn't asked if I was alright? If I was alive. Nor did he answer my texts. I felt bad liking Hakyeon while I was still with him, but in all honesty he's done worse to me.

 

Falling for someone else isn't bad compared to what he's done.

 

All in all my crush on Hakyeon doesn't matter. He's my mentor, he can't be in a relationship with a student. Or at least he can't until the end of the summer session. Not to mention he probably doesn't see me as more than his student or friend. I mean he hasn't made any moves to suggest that he likes me.

 

"Inha!" Sanghyuk waves his hand in front of my face. Jimin and him were staring at me with confused looks on their faces, we were having a small break during class and we had been conversing before I got lost in my thoughts.

 

"Oh sorry. What?" I ask blushing a bit.

 

"You're staying on campus this weekend, right? I know summer session ends on Friday but you should totally stay the weekend." Sanghyuk says, folding his legs through his desk chair to face mine and Jimin's direction.

 

"Yeah, I'm staying. I'm going home to visit my parents next week sometime though." I reply putting some papers into one of my folders to busy myself.

 

"Okay good, Hakyeon's birthday is on Monday. I think we're throwing him a party on Saturday at Jaehwan's place." He informs me. My attention is immediately focused on Sanghyuk at the mention of the tan boy's name.

 

"Oh really." I say surprised. "I'll go then."

 

"Awesome!" He grins wide, looking over towards Jimin. "Jimin, you're coming to right?"

 

"Of course!" She squeals. "I love birthday parties!"

 

He clears his throat. "There's probably going to be alcohol there. I know we're all three underage and shouldn't be drinking but seriously you only live once. Am I right?" He chuckles loudly.

 

A hand impacts with the side of Sanghyuk's neck. "Ow!" Sanghyuk looks up meeting his abuser's gaze.

 

Hakyeon stood behind the tall boy, towering over him. "Don't say that in class!" My heart thumps as I look up toward him.

 

"I'm sorry!" He quickly retorts. "Wait, do you two know how to get to Jaehwan's?" Sanghyuk's attention is back on us.

 

Both Jimin and I shake our heads no. Right, how were we supposed to get there?

 

"I only have room for one more." He replies.

 

"Jimin you can ride with Sanghyuk." I tell her. I had a feeling she was crushing on him. The same way I was crushing on our mentor.

 

"Okay!" Jimin smiles.

 

"Hey Inha, I told you that you can call me Hyuk." Sanghyuk says pouting. "We're all friends now."

 

I nod and roll my eyes, I didn't want to seem too close to him for Jimin's sake. "Fine."

 

"Inha, you can ride with me to Jaehwan's." Hakyeon suddenly speaks up, leaning over Sanghyuk. Said person groans at the sudden weight on his back.

 

My eyes widen a bit. "Hmm, oh okay." Was I really just invited to ride with him? Would we be alone?

 

"Now get back to studying you three." Hakyeon winks at us before walking off to bug someone else.

 

I blush deeply once he's turned around talking to another student. Suddenly Sanghyuk's pencil taps my desk. My attention leaves Hakyeon to look towards him.

 

"You're so obvious." He cackles, stretching his arms out.

 

I shoot him a glare. "Shut up."

 

He sticks his tongue out and then looks down at his paper. I immediately raise my hands to my cheeks. I was obvious?

 

Oh man! I begin pouting, does that mean Hakyeon can tell?

----

The end of summer session came quickly. We ended it with a group project in which Sanghyuk, Jimin, and I were paired up on. We definitely Aced it! Our topic being about how much summer bridge has benefited us.

 

But my good grade wasn't why I was so excited. Tomorrow was Hakyeon's birthday party and he was picking me up. I haven't felt this excited since Junhyuk and I started talking.

 

Speaking of him, he still hasn't messaged me at all. I'm thinking of finally ending it when I go home next week. We could both move on which was what we both clearly wanted. He didn't want to be with me anymore, he didn't love me. He would rather mess around.

 

I sighed. I enter my closest searching for something appropriate to wear for tomorrow. I decided quickly on a black pair of high-waisted shorts and a red and white striped crop top. I bite my lip, it's not too dressy right? I mean it looks casual to me. I wasn't the birthday girl so I shouldn't dress up too much.

 

I throw the outfit aside and move back to my bed. I had a small apartment to myself on campus. It wasn't considered campus housing so I didn't have to have a roommate. Only if I wanted my rent to be less. Luckily my parents said that I could room alone my freshman year, since I got a couple of big scholarships from high school.

 

I flop down on my bed and smile into the sheets. I quickly sit up remembering something. What about a gift?

 

Oh . Inha, how could you forget a birthday gift of all things? He was picking you up and you couldn't even give him a gift in return. I slap a hand to my forehead. I'm the worst.

 

My phone buzzes directing my attention towards it. It was a text from Yaeun.

 

To: Inha

From: Yaeun

When are you coming home? I miss my best friend! I'm back from Jeju! You should've went with me! Screw summer bridge!

 

I laugh to myself. Oh Yaeun, I really did miss her.

 

To: Yaeun

From: Inha

I'll be home on Wednesday of next week! I miss you too, bestie! I'm really sad I didn't get to go to Jeju too! Summer session was fun though! I met so many new friends!

 

I lie back down on my bed. I wonder if I would've met Hakyeon if I hadn't of came to summer session? How different would things have turned out?

 

To: Inha

From: Yaeun 

I hope those new friends didn't replace me! Btw how's you and Junhyuk?

 

I frown, the mention of his name always brings me down. I bite my lip before replying.

 

To: Yaeun

From: Inha

They didn't replace you! Oh and still no message. Oh well, I guess. I might end things with him soon!

 

As soon as I sent it I got a reply.

 

To: Inha

From: Yaeun

That's good! What no way? I'm so glad you're finally dumping him! I've been telling you for what feels like a century to dump him!!!

 

I smile to myself. I should've taken her advice sooner. I could be happy right now.

 

To: Yaeun

From: Inha

Yeah I know! Can't wait to see you though!

----

After getting dressed and checking to make sure I look okay I sit down and wait for Hakyeon to arrive. I couldn't wait! I was so anxious.

 

Suddenly the doorbell rang. He's just in time. I open the door and my eyes rounded a bit. He looked so good! But he wasn't by himself. A slight frown forms on my face. He was with two other guys, I didn't recognize either of them.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry but my friend Minseok insisted on driving me and he took my keys somewhere and hid them. So now we have to ride with them." Hakyeon shows me an unsure smile while throwing his thumb over his shoulder pointing to the two guys.

 

"That's okay." I reply. He still didn't make me find my own ride. That was nice of him.

 

His eyes widen as the tallest of them nudges him from behind. I glance around him and see the man looking at me with judging eyes. Did he not like me? Did I do something wrong?

 

"Oh, this is Hongbin and Taekwoon. They are some of my other friends from high school. They uh-wanted to if they could use your restroom." Hakyeon says sheepishly.

 

I laugh. "Yeah of course. Come in." I say stepping aside letting the three of them pass by.

 

I show the two of them down the hall to the restroom before I return to the front door where Hakyeon stood waiting patiently.

 

"Sorry again." He mutters.

 

"No it's fine really." I tell him. "It's your birthday party, you shouldn't be worrying about whether I have a ride or not."

 

"But you don't know how to get there." He sighs running a hand through his hair.

 

"I could've asked Jaehwan for directions." I smirk at him.

 

"But what if you got lost?"

 

"She's what nineteen years old, she's old enough to find her way around." The tall man known as Taekwoon says coming up beside us. I feel like he really doesn't like me for some reason.

 

"She's eighteen I'll have you know!" Hakyeon slices a hand past the tall man's neck. Taekwoon just glares at him before rolling his eyes, causing Hakyeon to slightly cower away.

 

"I'm going to the car. I hope Wonshik and Minseok haven't drove off yet." He mutters walking past me and out the door. The other boy known as Hongbin comes up beside us shortly after and we all three head out.

 

Upon reaching the car I realized. There's six of us and five seats. Well how was this supposed to work?

 

"Um-how are we all going to fit?" I stop beside the car.

 

Hakyeon's eyes widen in realization. "Dammit Minseok."

 

"What?" The driver scowls. "I'm saving you some gas!"

 

Hakyeon takes a deep breath and sighs.

 

I pat him on the arm. "I can just catch a cab."

 

"No, you ride in the front with Minseok and I'll fit in the back somehow." He moves to open the back door where Hongbin, Wonshik, and Taekwoon sat in a row.

 

I move towards the front but pause. "No it's your day, you sit in the front." I tell him.

 

Hakyeon quickly turns his head towards me. "No then where will you sit."

 

"She can sit on birthday boy's lap." Wonshik smirks towards me.

 

I give him a glare in return.

 

"Or mine?" He winks.

 

"No." I reply. "How about you sit on Taekwoon's lap?" I give him a smirk. "Be a gentleman." I cross my arms across my chest.

 

"The hell if that's happening." Taekwoon mutters, giving me and Wonshik a shared glare.

 

I send Wonshik another smirk. "Well there's always Hongbin."

 

"Uh no! I'm not in the mood to be uncomfortable." Hongbin sasses.

 

"Hey we're going to be late if you don't hurry up!" Minseok whines, turning towards the boys in the back.

 

"I'll just stay here and call a cab." I say stepping back a ways from the car.

 

"No don't!" Hakyeon stops me by grabbing my arm. "Taekwoon move to the front." Said boy gladly takes his new seat. My eyebrows met in confusion, how did that solve anything? "You can sit on my lap." He says releasing my arm and going around the car getting into Taekwoon's old spot.

 

My heart begins beating a lot faster. Damn was today my lucky day?

 

"Hurry up!" Minseok shouts. I flinch and quickly run to the other side of the car. I slowly sit myself down on Hakyeon's lap.

 

I heard Wonshik snort from my right. I roll my eyes. I even saw a small smirk on Taekwoon's lips. That little , he got just what he wanted.

 

I felt Hakyeon moving beneath me trying to grab a hold of the seatbelt. Once he has it in his hand he brings it around my waist, his head tucks into my neck trying to see and I could feel his slowed breathing on my neck. A shiver runs down my spine, I've never been this close to him before. He clicks the seat belt into place after fumbling around for a minute before leaning back in the seat.. Minseok had taken off moments ago and was speeding down the road.

 

Seemingly having no other place to place his hands Hakyeon places them beside his thighs. I wonder if it is a habit of his to do that or is it because I'm on his lap and he can't place them there?

 

Fifteen minutes later we pull into Jaehwan's apartment complex. Minseok who I found out was a maniac when it came to driving suddenly braked and Hakyeon's arms flew around me holding me tight against him. I blush feeling his warm embrace around my body.

 

Out of the corner of my eye I could see that he seems like he's in some sort of pain. Was I that heavy? Was he car sick, maybe?

 

Suddenly Minseok hits a speed bump. The back is all jolted around. I fell slightly onto Wonshik, he elbows me in the ribs and I flick his forehead shortly after. I lean back over onto Hakyeon and I heard him take a deep breath.

 

"Are you okay?" I ask him. "I'm not heavy right?"

 

He takes a moment to reply. I heard him swallow. "No I'm fine. You're not heavy at all." He was a total liar, his knees were even quivering. Did one of them fall asleep?

 

Suddenly we hit another speed bump. And my head hits the ceiling of the car. Wonshik, Hongbin, and even Taekwoon laughed at my pain.

 

I let out a low groan. "That hurt."

 

I felt Hakyeon gripping at my waist, I hope we're almost there because I think I'm seriously hurting him.

 

"Can you not move around so much?" He mutters into my ear, a breath of hot air runs down my neck. Another shiver runs down my spine.

 

"Yeah sorry." I mutter back.

 

"Yay, we're here!" Minseok cheers, almost turning us on our side while he was pulling into a parking place. Everyone quickly climbs out leaving me and Hakyeon to help ourselves out.

 

I quickly unbuckle the seat belt and fall into the space beside him, that was previously occupied by Wonshik.

 

"I'm sorry if I was heavy." I turn towards him. His cheeks were a soft shade of red and his eyes slightly dazed. I've seen that look before, but not on Hakyeon's face. I saw it on Junhyuk's. It was the look he gave me whenever he wanted to do more than just kissing. A look of lust.

 

We meet eyes and my slowly travel south. Sure enough there was a bulge forming in his pants. Was that why his knees were quivering? Was he trying to keep me from feeling it? My cheeks heated up, so I could affect him in this way?

 

"I'm sorry." He mutters. "It's just you were moving around so much."

 

I pat his shoulder. "I'm the one who's sorry. It's only natural for your body to react this way. Don't worry about it, I'm not freaked out. I have brothers, I know what happens with the male anatomy." I send him a reassuring smile.

 

"What am I supposed to do now? I have to walk in with this," He gestures between his legs. "On show, there's no way they won't notice."

 

I put a finger to my chin. "I could walk in front of you and lead you to the bathroom so you can take care of it." I shrug.

 

"That's a good idea." He groans suddenly, causing me to heat up even more. "Let's hurry!"

 

We quickly get out of the car and head in. I was a short distance in front of him. I opened the door and he stuck close behind me.

 

Jaehwan was on the other side of the door waiting with Jimin and Sanghyuk.

 

"Finally!" Jaehwan grins going in to hug Hakyeon. I stand my ground and don't move, Jaehwan stops and gives me an odd look.

 

Suddenly Hakyeon's pressed into my back and he brings Jaehwan forward whispering into his ear. My cheeks heat up because I can feel mini Hakyeon pressed hard against my lower back.

 

Jaehwan leans back with a smirk on his face. "This way, hurry."

 

Hakyeon nudges me forward and we walk past Jimin and Sanghyuk who both gave us weird looks. We both just smile in return.

 

Jaehwan led us to the bathroom and Hakyeon quickly heads in. I didn't want to hear what followed. No matter what method he chose to relieve himself.

 

"You'd better clean up after yourself!" Jaehwan shouts through the door, he turns to leave. "Jesus, y'all are a bunch of hormonal teenagers!"

 

I blush. Was he talking about me too? I follow Jaehwan back out into the hall and find Jimin and Sanghyuk still standing there.

 

"What was that all about?" Jimin asks seeming concerned.

 

"Oh nothing, just boys being boys. That's all." I smile and shrug. "Let's dance!" I push them into the room that had the stereo blaring.

 

After dancing a bit I head into the kitchen and grab myself a drink. I chose a Pepsi.

 

"Hey!" Wonshik grabs the pop out of my hand.

 

"Here." He hands me a red solo cup.

 

I frown towards it. "What's this?"

 

"Alcohol, duh." He smirks. "Come on party it up like the rest of us. It's coconut flavored Rum!"

 

"I don't know." I say smelling the liquid. I've only drank alcohol once and I didn't like it. It didn't smell too good.

 

"Come on, one sip won't hurt!" He chuckles.

 

I roll my eyes and take a sip. It was nasty.

 

I make a face at the liquid and Wonshik cracks up.

 

"Should have given her a wine-cooler instead!" Hongbin was suddenly beside me. "They're in the fridge, Inha."

 

I nod, not making a move to get one.

 

"They are really fruity and don't taste like alcohol, so be careful!" He warns me.

 

I took Hongbin's advice and tried one of the wine-coolers. It was actually good. I had some more before it was time for cake. We all sat around eating, I finally saw Hakyeon after his trip to the bathroom. He looked better.

 

I wish he would come talk to me.

 

I open another wine-cooler and take a swig of it. Should I have offered to help him in the bathroom? Damn I should've! I missed out, didn't I?

 

I giggle to myself. I'm so stupid. I let out a small hiccup before covering my mouth.

 

I drink some more of my last drink before finding Jimin. She was still with Sanghyuk. They were even holding hands. I'm so jealous.

 

The last time I had someone hold my hand was when stupid Junhyuk took me to the amusement park during spring break. It's been so long.

 

What did I do wrong to make him not love me anymore? I frown, was something wrong with me? I shake my head, I think I need another drink.

 

I head towards the fridge but someone stops me. It was that tall goof, Taekwoon.

 

"Move, tall person!" I slur trying to move around him.

 

"No, you've already had too much." He sighs. "Looks like I'm the freaking DD tonight. As usual."

 

I lost consciousness shortly after. I awoke in someone's car, my head was slightly dizzy but my mind a little clearer since there was no more music playing. I was laying against someone's chest, an arm wrapped around my shoulder.

 

I glance up and see a sleeping Hakyeon. Wait who's driving?

 

I squint trying to see. It was Taekwoon, Hongbin, was knocked out in the passenger seat beside him, and Wonshik was laying on Hakyeon's other shoulder asleep, snoring loudly.

 

But where was Minseok? Wasn't this his car? Or maybe I'm just not remembering things correctly?

 

It seems as if hours pass before Taekwoon is telling me to get out of the car. I whine and pout asking him to carry me. When he doesn't I fall to my knees in a tantrum.

 

"This isn't your stop." Taekwoon voices out.

 

Suddenly hands are underneath my armpits hoisting me up. Oh wow, that was fast. I glance behind me and see Hakyeon was the one lifting me.

 

"Let's go!" He mumbles. We stumble to the front door together and he fumbles pulling out the keys. He unlocks the door and then we hear Taekwoon yelling.

 

"Hey you do know that-."

 

"Shut up! You're too loud!" Hakyeon groans pulling me inside with him.

 

"Suit yourself." He yells back. The sound of the car taking off comes shortly after, before Hakyeon is shutting the door behind us.

 

"Why's he so loud?" I groan leaning into Hakyeon. His arms instantly wrap around my waist.

 

"I don't know!" He whines. We both move aimlessly until I fall onto a soft surface. Hakyeon tumbles down beside me shortly after. "Where's my birthday present?" He asks.

 

"I forgot to get you one." I admit with a long sigh. My head moves to lay on the side so I could look at him. He stared back at me softly. For some reason a giggle slips out of my mouth.

 

"You could've at least offered to help me out in the bathroom then, as a gift." He puffs his lower lip out in a pout.

 

I let a soft sigh out. "You didn't ask."

 

"You caused it, you and your y little ." He pokes my hip and I giggle.

 

"Are you saying it was my problem so I should've solved it?" I ask my eyes slowly closing more and more as the tiredness rolled in.

 

"Uh-huh!" He laughs. "It's your turn to suffer now!"

 

Suddenly I'm pulled on top of him and his lips were ghosting over mine. After a few moments of hovering they finally smash together in a sloppy wet kiss. My hands fly to his hair one sliding down to cup his cheek. His hands busy themselves by roaming up and down my sides.

 

Our lips molded together and broke a part numerous amounts of times, some clothing disappearing in the process.

----

I awoke to the feeling of my bed moving. I groan and sit up. My head was pounding. I felt like my brain was going to pulse it's way out of my head any moment.

 

"Do you want some medicine?" I heard a familiar voice. I look to the side and see Hakyeon sitting beside me.

 

My eyes widen. He was shirtless and only in a pair of boxers. I then look down and notice I'm only in my bra and shorts. My cheeks heat up to a level I've never felt before.

 

"Um, yes I do." I reply quietly. He nods and quickly stands heading out of the room. I spot my shirt on the ground next to Hakyeon's discarded clothing. Damn, how many of those drinks did I have last night?

 

More importantly I came home with Hakyeon and woke up next to him. Not to mention both of us had some missing articles of clothing. What exactly happened between us last night?

 

I grab my shirt and slip it back on. Hakyeon returns with two glasses of water and some pills.

 

"Here." He sits them down on his nightstand. He disappears into his closest only to reappear with sweatpants and t-shirt on. That's sad I was rather enjoying the view.

 

I take the pill into my mouth and swallow it with the water Hakyeon provided. He does the same with his pill and glass.

 

He then sits down beside me a short awkward silence follows.

 

"Do you remember what happened last night?" I ask glancing towards him.

 

He nods slowly. "We just made out and stuff."

 

"Stuff?" I question him.

 

He gulps a bit. "You may have given me a ."

 

I let my head rest in my hand. Oh dear god. Making out was one thing but I touched him, I touched him where the sun doesn't shine. What does he think of me now?

 

"Um, this is sort of awkward. Isn't it?" I offer him a small smile.

 

He shrugs. "Kind of. I apologize if I made you do something you didn't want to do. That wasn't cool of me, I mean I was drunk and not really in control."

 

"No it's fine." I tell him. "I was drunk too, people make mistakes."

 

He doesn't seem pleased at my sentence. "You should really keep track of how many drinks you have."

 

"I know, I'm sorry." I sigh. "I'm glad I ended up in this situation with you though."

 

My eyes widen. What did I just say?

 

"Huh?"

 

"You know instead of Wonshik or someone else." I say covering my tracks. "You know it would be weird if I ended up with someone else other than you."

 

There I go screwing things up again.

 

I heard him snort a bit. "I'm not sure how to take that. Either you think what we did last night was considered platonic since we are friends or you're actually happy it was me because you think I'm the most handsome out of our friends." He runs a hand through his hair, trying to be y. It worked.

 

But was he that dense?

 

"It's neither of those things. But you are really handsome." I smile.

 

"Thanks." He winks.

 

"Do you think you could drive me home? My cell phone's dead and I need to charge it." I ask him to which he nods.

 

Before leaving we went on a search for his keys, which we found in between the sheets of his bed. I don't know how they got there but that's where they were. Maybe Minseok hid them here yesterday. We headed out into the living room.

 

Another man was sitting in the living room when we exited.

 

He looked me up and down and scowled.

 

Hakyeon pulled me out quickly. "Sorry about him, he's Sungwoon my roommate for the rest of summer. I get to move into a single once fall starts."

 

"He heard us last night, didn't he?" I say reluctantly. Well this is embarrassing.

 

Hakyeon nods showing me a sheepish look. "Surely he'll let it pass. It's the first time that's happened."

 

"I hope so." I say turning away. We got into his car and took off towards my place.

 

Despite the awkward night we had nothing felt different between us. Was that a good or a bad thing? I wasn't quite sure how to handle the situation.

 

"Inha." Hakyeon asks patting my leg.

 

"Hmm?" I turn towards him.

 

"Can you meet me somewhere on Monday?" He asks.

 

"Isn't that your actual birthday?" I bite my lip.

 

He nods. "Yeah, I'll pick you up. Oh and I'll text you about it okay."

 

I nod. Shortly after we arrived at my place. I wave goodbye to him as I head to my apartment. I felt my heart beat increase as he pulled out of the parking lot.

 

I let out a low squeal. Oh my god! He says I made out with him and made it to third base. I let out a breath trying to calm down as I desperately try and remember the night before.

 

The last thing I remember was informing Jaehwan on the ingredients on the back of the absolut vodka bottle. I try and remember past then as I take the stairs up to the third floor.

 

I remember heading to get another wine-cooler, oh and Taekwoon stopped me. Somehow I ended up in the car laying on Hakyeon. Then we went into his house.

 

I bite my lip stopping on the top stair of the second level. My heart races as I remember being on top of him. His lips devouring mine. My fingers move to my lips. I pull them away shortly after. That was one of the hottest kisses I've ever had in my life. And I can barely remember all of it.

 

I remember him pulling my shirt off and kissing at my neck and chest before I made him take his shirt and pants off. That's when I told him I'd make up for not taking care of him in the bathroom. And I stuck my hand down his boxers. I never knew I was so bold!

 

I quickly shake my head and grip onto the stairwell, climbing more of the stairs. I shouldn't remember any of that while I'm out here.

 

I climb the rest of the stairs to the third floor and head down the hall to my apartment. I pull my keys from my back pocket, they luckily didn't fall out last night after all that happened.

 

I unlock the door and open it closing it behind me. I turn around and gasp.

 

"Junhyuk?"


A/N:

Hope you liked this chapter as well!
Also I don't condemn cheating! I don't think what Inha and Junhyuk are doing to each other is right but it makes for a good story.

If I can I will update part 3 tomorrow.