Chapter 6

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Chapter 6:


-Three weeks later-

 

"Yeah your older brothers are coming home this weekend too." My mom says through the phone. "Dongwoo told me to tell you you'd better be home too."

 

I laugh, of course he did. Hakyeon who had his head laying in my lap was playing with the hand I didn't have holding my phone. I smile down at him.

 

"Yeah I'll come home. Is it alright if I bring someone with me?" I ask. Hakyeon smiles up at me.

 

"If it's Junhyuk, no." She growls. My mother and my brothers didn't like him. My dad however didn't know that Junhyuk had cheated on me. I hadn't told them the news of me breaking up with him either.

 

"It's not Junhyuk. So you don't have to worry about that." I smirk down towards Hakyeon. "I broke up with him a while back."

 

I heard her gasp. "Finally?"

 

"Yes finally." Hakyeon snorts at my reply.

 

"Thank god! Yaeun and I texted the entire first month of summer about how much we hated him." She mutters.

 

Yaeun! She's always texting my mom! I'm surprised she didn't text her and tell her the news of me breaking up with him.

 

"So who is it you're bringing then?" She asks.

 

I meet eyes with Hakyeon. "My boyfriend, Hakyeon."

 

"Oh! I can't wait to meet him." She coos. "Wait is he with you right now?"

 

I laugh as his eyes widen. "Yes he is."

 

He sits up and turns towards me.

 

"Put me on speaker phone!" She pleas.

 

"Okay."

 

"Hi Hakyeon, I'm Inha's mother! It's nice to meet you."

 

Hakyeon clears his throat. "Hi, I'm Cha Hakyeon. It's nice to meet you too!"

 

"Oh he sounds very manly, he sort of has a smooth deep voice."

 

I sigh, dear god mother. Hakyeon laughs.

 

"Thanks." He tells her.

 

"Oh I forgot I was on speaker phone!"

 

"We'll see you this weekend mom."

 

"Okay, bye! Bye Hakyeon."

 

"Bye." We both answer.

--

Hakyeon arrived at my apartment on Saturday looking really good, as usual.

 

"Are you sure you really want to go?" I ask him as we get into my car.

 

He fiddles with his fingers a bit before looking up at me. "Yeah I do, I mean I'm going to have to meet them eventually anyways. Plus I'll have you there to save me." He smirks.

 

I chuckle. "I'll save you from my brothers."

 

"How many do you have?" He gulps.

 

"Three. Two older, one younger." I grab his hand as we pull out of the parking lot. I quickly exit onto the interstate and start towards my house.

 

"Three? You can't hold all three of them back. Oh god, turn around!" He whines.

 

"It's too late now, I'm already on the interstate." I smirk towards him.

 

"Oh god. How old is the oldest?" He pouts.

 

"A year older than you." I tell him, as I switch lanes. We had gotten behind a slow driver.

 

"They're going to beat me to a pulp." He whines some more.

 

"Oh come on, they hated Junhyuk. So they'll probably love you." I pat his leg.

 

He sighs. "I hope so."

 

After thirty more minutes we arrived in my hometown. I pulled around the corner and saw my house in the distance. I slow down and pull into my driveway.

 

"We're here already?" Hakyeon gasps.

 

"Yes, you ready?" I laugh unbuckling my belt.

 

"No." He swallows nervously.

 

"Come on I'll hold your hand." I give him a small smile.

 

We get out of the car and I quickly join hands with him. His palm was sweaty and hot. He must really be nervous. I give it a squeeze before pulling him to the door.

 

I open the door and step inside, Hakyeon follows suit. Once the door is shut I hear my mom yelling from the kitchen.

 

"Inha, is that you?" She calls out.

 

"Yes mom." I answer and I heard her scrambling inside the kitchen.

 

I roll my eyes, she was going to embarrass me today. I could just tell.

 

I take off my shoes and so does Hakyeon. By the time we're done I heard footsteps coming from kitchen. I rejoin hands with Hakyeon and step forward.

 

My mom comes out into the hall and barrels towards us pulling me into a tight hug. "I've missed you!"

 

"I've missed you too, mom." I smile into her shoulder. Hugging her back with one hand, as my other was still being held by Hakyeon.

 

She pulls back and looks towards him. "Oh this must be the new boyfriend, Hakyeon. Wow you're so handsome!"

 

I heard Hakyeon swallow out of nervousness. "Yes I am, and thank you." He quickly bows.

 

"He's nervous." I tell her. He instantly nudges me because of what I said.

 

My mom giggles. "Oh don't be, honey. I like you already."

 

He nods. "Thanks."

 

"Come on into the living room. I'll call your brothers down so they can see you." She directs us towards the living room. "Dongwoo has been talking non-stop all week about how he's wanted to see you before he goes back to university. Same goes for Wonho."

 

I nod. "I've missed them too."

 

She heads upstairs while I pull Hakyeon into the living room. We sit down on the love seat waiting for my brothers to come downstairs.

 

Wonho was the first to appear. He walked in with a blank look on his face. That was nothing new for him.

 

"Hey, Wonho." I smile, standing to hug him.

 

"Hey sis." He hugs me back. 

 

"Awe group hug." Dongwoo's voice interrupts the sweet silence. Suddenly I'm being squeezed tighter by a second set of arms.

 

"Ah Dongwoo, you're squishing me!" I groan.

 

I saw Hoseok over both of their shoulders just shaking his head at the sight in front of him. "Want to join, Hoseok?" I ask him.

 

"Nah, better not." He says coolly. He sits himself down on the couch beside the one Hakyeon was sitting at. I finally break out of the hug and return to my seat beside him.

 

"So guys this is Hakyeon, my boyfriend." I introduce him. He quickly stands and bows.

 

"It's nice to meet you." He bows.

 

"Well he already seems better than Junhyuk." Wonho notes.

 

"Yeah, how old are you?" Dongwoo asks moving to shake Hakyeon's hand.

 

"I'm twenty-two." He replies.


Dongwoo nods. "I'm Dongwoo, Inha's eldest brother."

 

"I'm Wonho, also her older brother." Wonho bows his head at him.

 

"Hoseok." I draw his attention from his phone.

 

"Ah, I'm Hoseok, her little brother." He says with a shrug. He was way too cool for us today.

 

"It's nice to meet you all." Hakyeon says.

 

"So how are you going to tell dad that you broke up with Junhyuk?" Wonho asks.

 

"It'll be easy. Plus Hakyeon's here to help me." I say pulling back to his seat beside me. I lean into him and he relaxes a bit at the contact between us.

 

"Honey, I'm home with the noodles." My father's voice calls out from the hall. "Guess who I ran into at the store. Inha will be surprised when she gets here."

 

Was Yaeun here?

 

"Dad I'm in here." I yell out for him. Hakyeon slightly tensed up a bit. Here we go.

 

My dad enters the living room but the person trailing behind him is what drew my attention first. Junhyuk, what the hell?

 

"Hey darling." My dad smiles but he stopped whenever his eyes landed on Hakyeon.

 

"Oh ." Hoseok mutters, suddenly his attention wasn't on his phone but what was occuring right in front of him.

 

"What is he doing here?" Dongwoo scowls.

 

"I brought him to see Inha." My dad says.

 

"Dad, Inha and Junhyuk broke up." Wonho says. I keep quiet though, my eyes were trained in on Junhyuk. He was smirking towards me and it sent anger throughout my entire body. Who does he think he is?

 

"What? Why?" My dad asks.

 

"Dad can I talk to you?" I ask him.

 

"Yeah sure honey." He replies. I stand and tug Hakyeon up to follow after me.

 

As I pass by Junhyuk his tongue comes out of his mouth to at his lips. Was he trying to be y or something?

 

Hakyeon just glares at him and pushes me by him faster.

 

We all three ended up in the kitchen my dad slowly examing Hakyeon and our intertwinned hands.

 

"So what happened?" He asks.

 

"Junhyuk cheated on me dad. A long time ago and I stayed with him in hopes that he'd stop and come back to me. But he didn't and then I met Hakyeon." I sigh lowering my head. I nervously bite my lip before looking back up at him. "I broke up with Junhyuk and now I'm dating Hakyeon." I gesture towards Hakyeon.

 

"It's nice to meet you sir." Hakyeon bows.

 

"Junhyuk did what?" My dad instantly scowls.

 

"He cheated on her with many girls." Hakyeon speaks up. My dad lifted his head to look at Hakyeon. His eyes bore into Hakyeon, I saw his hands forming into fists.

 

"That bastard." My dad says through his teeth. He moves around us both to head back out into the living room.

 

things might turn out bad today.

 

I pull Hakyeon after me and back into the living room where my dad stood staring Junhyuk down.

 

"You cheated on my daughter?" My dad growls.

 

Junhyuk's smirk had fell into a frown. "She cheated on me too, with him." He pointed his finger at Hakyeon.

 

My dad whipped his head in our direction glaring at Hakyeon. All three of my brother's gasped.

 

"Junhyuk you cheated long before me!" I say back sternly.

 

"Doesn't matter you still cheated on me." He threw back.

 

"We never went as far as you. All we did was make out and stuff." I scowl instantly regretting what I said. Why do I always add the and stuff part?

 

"Yeah that and stuff still means you cheated, Inha." Junhyuk growls back.

 

"Hey leave her alone. You're much worse than us." Hakyeon comes in to defend me.

 

"Shut up, homewrecker. How does it feel to have my leftovers, huh?" Junhyuk scoffs.

 

"Excuse me?" Hakyeon growls moving forward a bit. I stop him from hitting Junhyuk by stepping in front of him.

 

"What are you saying?" My dad asks.

 

"That Inha and I had , sir on many occasions. I know I promised you that I'd wait until we were married but come on I have needs." He shrugs, while I let out a gasp, my dad's eyes lit up with anger. His eyes moved to me and I lowered my head, well way to look like a disappointment to your father.

 

"Get out of my house." My mother's voice screeches. When had she entered the room?

 

We all turn towards her. "You ruined our family get together by being here now leave." She said towards Junhyuk.

 

Junhyuk scoffs and rolls his eyes. He moves towards my father and speaks up once more.

 

"Your precious daughter isn't as innocent as you think." He says before moving to stop in front of Hakyeon. "Remember the next time you sleep together that she was calling out my name for two years, not yours." Hakyeon's hand went limp in my grip and I couldn't force myself to face him.

 

I kept my head low as I heard him leave the house. Dammit, this was so awkward. I felt a couple of tears slide down my cheeks, this was so embarrassing. I felt like I've been publically humilated. In a way I have, my whole family was here and so was Hakyeon. Junhyuk's such an .

 

Everything was quiet but I could feel the burning stare from my father going right through me. Did I really deserve this? Did I do something horribly wrong in order to be punished like this?

 

Then I felt more eyes on me, more than likely my brother's gazes. I couldn't take this any longer. I release my grip on Hakyeon's hand and ran out into the hall, up the stairs and to my bedroom. I shut the door behind me and lock it. I slam myself back against the door and slowly slide down into a fetal position. Why did he insist on ruining my life?

 

My father didn't need to know that I slept with Junhyuk. My dad had high expectations in me and I totally disappointed him. Not only him I'm sure everyone was shocked with the news. I always seemed so innocent in high school but I wasn't. The only person who knew all of this was Yaeun and that was because she was pinning this high expectations on me.

 

I'm sure Hakyeon was angered too. I mean who wouldn't be whenever your girlfriend's crazy ex-boyfriend talks about having with your girlfriend. I was going to eventually tell him about things between Junhyuk and I. But I haven't mustered up the courage.

 

I hate Junhyuk. What did I ever see in him?

 

I wipe my tears away on for more to come. I ruined this family weekend. Just another thing I've screwed up lately.


A/N:

Well here's another chapter, I'm changing the "Parts" into chapters instead.

I was planning on this being shorter than it's gotten so it's a chaptered fic know instead of a short story!

Hope you enjoyed!

 

Also her brother's are played by Shin Dongwoo from B1A4, Shin Wonho from Cross Gene, and Shin Hoseok from Monsta X. Her father is Shin Hyesung from Shinhwa. Her mother is an OC named Kim Soohyun.