Chapter 4

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Chapter 4:

Hope you're ready for part four!


Just like that three weeks passed. I hung out with Junhyuk a lot more during the duration of it and I hung out with Hakyeon along with Sanghyuk, Jimin, Wonshik, and Taekwoon. We celebrated Sanghyuk's birthday recently and had a blast.

 

I thought things between Hakyeon and I would've been weird but it wasn't. We were back to normal. Or normal for us at least.

 

Yaeun was mad at me because I didn't end up breaking up with Junhyuk. But recently she's been messaging me again. She was still pretty pissed.

 

In order to get her to stop being mad at me I invited her to hang out with me at my apartment. Sadly in a month or so she'd be going to her own chosen college and we wouldn't see much of each other.

 

I open the door to my apartment, her trailing behind me.

 

"Oh wow, it's nice! I'm jealous." She coos looking over the whole place.

 

"Thanks." I reply dragging her to the living room and sitting on the couch.

 

"What are we going to do?" She huffs as she plops down on the couch beside me.

 

Hmm. "I could invite my other friends over and we could have a huge movie night."

 

She beams. "Let's, there are some boys right?"

 

I laugh. "Yes."

 

"Good looking ones?" She bites her lip. I roll my eyes.

 

"Yes, but Sanghyuk is taken. Remember that!" I spat giving her a smirk.

 

"Okay, remember the name Sanghyuk." She mumbles to herself and I snort.

 

"Hey shut up!" She scowls nudging me with her foot. I give her a playful death glare.

 

I grab my phone and send a group message out. Instantly there are replies.

 

Inha: Movie night at my place? 

Sanghyuk: I'm on my way! 😂

Jimin: Me too! 😉

Wonshik: Inha if you wanted me to come over all you had to do was ask. You didn't have to invite everyone. ;)

Inha: Oh shut up, Wonshik!😒

Taekwoon has left the conversation.

 

I roll my eyes at his stupidity, but I let out a small laugh. I laugh a little louder seeing that Taekwoon left the conversation.

 

"What?" Yaeun asks leaning in to look at my phone.

 

"Nothing just some idiot replied." I show her.

 

"Is he hot?" She asks. I deadpan.

 

"Is that all you care about?" I raise an eyebrow.

 

"What? No never!" She says laughing a slow laugh. I quickly add Taekwoon back into the group.

 

Inha added Taekwoon to the conversation.

Jaehwan: I'll bring the popcorn!

Taekwoon: Do I have to hang out with you losers?

Jaehwan: Taekwoonie you know you love us! ❤️

Taekwoon: I'm not coming!

Inha: But Taekwoon, I've bought ice cream and it has your name written all over it.🍦🍦

Taekwoon: I'm grabbing my jacket now. 

Inha: 👌

Wonshik: 👉

Inha: Wonshik stop!

Wonshik: You know you love me! ✌️

Inha: *Sends middle finger emoji*

Hongbin: Ice cream?! I'm getting into my car now! 

Sanghyuk: Wonshik please stahp, you're killing me! 😂

Wonshik: I do my best. I enjoy the praise I get! 🙌

Taekwoon has left the conversation.

 

I laugh and Yaeun does as well reading them over my shoulder.

 

"I like them all already!" She beams eyes glistening.

 

I smile as another message rolls in, this time from Hakyeon. The one I had secretly been waiting for.

 

Hakyeon: I'll be there in ten! I'm bringing some snacks too!

Inha added Taekwoon to the conversation.

Inha: Okay! Drive safe everyone! No texting and driving! 🙅

 

Five minutes later the doorbell rang. I left Yaeun on the couch and went to answer it. It was Sanghyuk and Jimin.

 

"Hey guys!" I step aside letting them in. They take off their shoes and follow after me into the living room.

 

"Guys this is my best friend, Yaeun." I introduce her. She quickly stands and bows a bit.

 

"Hi!" She smiles wide. I give her a look to calm down.

 

"Hey!" The both of them reply.

 

"This is Jimin and Sanghyuk." I say. The two of them bow.

 

Yaeun gives me a knowing look at the mention of Sanghyuk's name.

 

"It's nice to meet you!" Yaeun bows again.

 

"You too!" Jimin smiles. They all three sit back down and begin to converse.

 

The doorbell rings once more. This time it was Wonshik, Hongbin, and Taekwoon.

 

"This is Yaeun my best friend. Yaeun this is Wonshik, Hongbin, and Taekwoon." I tell them. They all nod while Yaeun bows. Her eyes a little wide as she stared at them.

 

Taekwoon immediately turns towards me. "Where's the ice cream?"

 

"Kitchen." I giggle.

 

Both him and Hongbin head off into the kitchen while Wonshik sends me a smirk.

 

He leans closer to me. "Happy that I'm here?"

 

"Oh shut up." I shove him away. He laughs and looks towards Yaeun. He moves over to her and starts talking.

 

Next to arrive was Hakyeon. I open the door for him and nod as a greeting.

 

"Hey I won't be able to stay for a whole movie." He drops the news and I suddenly feel let down. I wish these feelings for him would go away. "I have a mentor meeting tomorrow morning and my parents are coming to visit. And let's just say my apartment is well not clean. You seen it the other day."

 

I laugh. "You haven't cleaned it since Sanghyuk's birthday?"

 

A small smile forms on his face as he laughs. "No, not at all. Sungwoon's coming back from vacation on Wednesday too and he'll crap himself if he sees what it looks like now."

 

I shake my head at him. "If you need help tomorrow let me know."

 

He nods. We head into the living room and I introduce him and Yaeun to one another.

 

About five minutes later Jaehwan arrives.

 

"The party has arrived!" He screeches upon entering. He shoves the popcorn into my hands as he takes his shoes off. "What are we watching?" He asks as he takes the popcorn back from me and heads towards the living room.

 

"Don't know yet." I reply.

 

"Oh a new person!" Jaehwan points out, as he sees Yaeun. He shoves the popcorn into Wonshik's hands and moves up to her. Wonshik sends him a glare as he holds the popcorn suddenly becoming the third wheel.

 

"Hi." She greets him. "I'm Inha's best friend, Yaeun."

 

"Oh nice to meet you! I'm Jaehwan." He grins.

 

After getting set we all spread out in my living room, decide on a movie, and turn the lights out. Hakyeon, Yaeun, and I sat in the couch on the far side of the room. Yaeun in the middle. She freely conversed with him until the movie started.

 

I sigh, I wanted to sit beside him. What if Yaeun begins to crush on him? He's a pretty charming guy, I don't see it not happening. It didn't take me too long to take interest in him so why would it take Yaeun any longer?

 

The movie was good but I've already seen it. Halfway through it Hakyeon stood to leave. I frown, it was time for him to leave already?

 

"Oh, are you leaving?" Yaeun mumbles.

 

Hakyeon looks down toward her and nods. "Yeah."

 

"Oh bye!" She smiles.

 

"I'll walk you out." I say standing in front of him. I carefully step over the sleeping Taekwoon, around the crying Wonshik, past the laughing Jaehwan, between the cuddling Sanghyuk and Jimin, and finally past the cell phone absorbed Hongbin, Hakyeon follows carefully behind me.

 

Once we're in the hall I find his shoes and hand them to him. He takes them and begins putting them on. He has trouble putting one on since he's standing and starts to fall over. His hand flies to the wall next to me to catch himself.

 

My heart pounds at his close proximity. His eyes slowly met with mine, his face inches from mine. There was a longing look in his eyes and I felt my knees weaken a bit at the sight. I've never seen this look in his eyes before. My eyes lower to his lips, how long had it been since that one night again? Since the night we made out, the night I had a taste of his plump lips.

 

Goosebumps form on my skin as I look back up into his eyes. He wasn't moving away, what was he doing? His eyes skim down to my lips.

 

Was he going to kiss me?

 

I didn't have time to ask any other question before his lips descended against mine. One of his hands moves to my neck, his thumb running circles on my cheek. I let him devour my lips slowly. My eyes ever so slowly close and I press my lips into his joining him in the kiss.

 

The kiss was sweet and passionate. It made me feel all giddy inside. My hands instinctively reach out and grip at his t-shirt. He tilts his head in the other direction our noses brushing against one another.

 

He moves closer pressing me into the wall. The hand he had on the wall slides down to my waist. But then it all stopped. As fast as his lips touched mine they left.

 

"I'm sorry." He mutters. His head down avoiding eye contact. "I should go." He bends down quickly placing his shoe on correctly. I watch him from my standing position, my lips quivering.

 

He stood and reached for the door handle. "Hakyeon." I call out to him.

 

"I know, it was all a mistake, right?" He says sounding a bit off. "Just forget it happened okay. So things can go back to normal." And with that he stepped out of my apartment closing the door behind him.

 

My fingers fly to my chest. My heart was racing. Why? Why did I like him so much?

 

Why was it so hard to end things with Junhyuk? Did I still like him? Was Hakyeon right? If not then why am I putting up with him still? It was only a matter of time before he started ignoring me again. 

 

I sigh to myself. I my lips, the taste of Hakyeon still prominent on them. I close my eyes before turning around to head back into the living room.

 

As I pass by the kitchen I'm pulled inside and over to the table.

 

"What was that?" Yaeun's voice squeaks.

 

My eyes rounded. Did she see? "What was what?"

 

She crosses her arms across her chest. "Inha, I saw you and Hakyeon out there." She huffs.

 

I lower my head, would she think I was a bad person if I told her?

 

"I-." I start out but stop.

 

"It looked as if it wasn't the first time it happened either." She notes with a sigh. "Inha, just tell me. I'm not going to judge you."

 

I nod and sit her down at the table. I take a seat across from her.

 

"I like him." I say quietly.

 

"You do? I mean you do!" She squeals a bit. "But what about Junhyuk? Does Hakyeon know?"

 

"Yes he knows. I just can't hurt Junhyuk like that though." I say a frown forming on my face.

 

She snorts. "Oh please. He's been treating you like trash since day one. Hakyeon seems really nice, I think he's perfect for you."

 

I look up into her eyes. "You really think so?"

 

She nods quickly and laughs. "Yes!"

 

"I should end things with Junhyuk right?" I say, already knowing the answer. I've known it for quite some time actually. I think I've just been in denial.

 

The answer had been in front of me all this time and I've just been stupid about it.

 

Yaeun takes a deep breath and let's it out. "Are you really asking me that? I think you already know the answer."

 

I nod. "I can't do it until after our anniversary next week. I want to make it to two years, just for my sake. So I can say I tried."

 

She nods. "You'd better end it after that or I swear!" She growls giving me a look.

 

"I plan on it. Make sure it happens." I tell her.

 

"You don't have to worry about that, leave it to me. It will happen, I'm tired of him going behind your back." She says through her teeth.

 

"Thanks Yaeun. Thanks for sticking with me no matter how much of an idiot I've been this last year." I say through a shaky breath.

 

"It's what best friends do." She smiles. "I know you'd do the same for me. Speaking of helping me out." She wiggles her eyebrows at me. She was interested in one of the boys.

 

"Which one?" I smirk.

 

She squeals at my willingness to help her out. "Wonshik."

 

"Oh gag me now!" I groan.

 

"Hey! He's cute and funny, and nice." She shy's away.

 

"You're lucky you're my best friend." I laugh at her.

 

She quickly leans forward. "Oh you need to spill more about you and Hakyeon."

 

My eyes widen. I was hoping she had forgotten. "Why were you out in the hall anyways?" I ask her.

 

"I had to pee, still do but there are more important things to deal with right now." She grins wide.

 

She winks towards me as my cheeks heat up. "Come on! Tell me."

 

I let out a low groan. "We both drank too much at his birthday party and I ended up back at his place. We made out and stuff."

 

She smirks. "And stuff." Her voice coos. This conversation felt a bit familiar for some reason.

 

"Yeah stuff." I let my eyes bore into hers.

 

"What kind of stuff?" She pushes me further.

 

I blush turning away. "None of your business."

 

"If you don't tell me I'll assume the worst." She makes gestures with her hands suggesting we had .

 

"Fine, we got a little touchy that's all. I gave him a . Nothing more." I tell her.

 

Her smirk widens. "When?"

 

"At the end of the summer session." I say placing my head on the table out of embarrassment.

 

"Wasn't that right around the time you first told me you were going to break up with Junhyuk?" She says tapping her fingers on the table.

 

"Yeah." I sigh sitting straight up.

 

"Wow, he's got you hooked." She has a mischievous look cross her face.

 

"Hey, the movies over." Hongbin comes into the kitchen emptying out his cup. "I'm going to head out."

 

"Okay, let me turn on the lights in the hall so you can see." I stand and do so. I look into the living room. Sanghyuk and Jimin were standing getting ready to leave but the other three boys were fast asleep on the floor.

 

I sigh. I say goodbye to Hongbin as he leaves and I move to wake up the others.

 

I firstly shake Taekwoon awake. His eyes fly open, a glowering look on his face.

 

"Movies over time to go home!" I cheer patting his head.

 

He just hits me with his usual glare before sitting up. I shake Jaehwan next.

 

"No not that box!" He screeches flinging up almost knocking foreheads with me. His eyes widen and he looks around. "Oh, it was just a dream."

 

"Yeah." I laugh. "The movies over."

 

He nods and gets up cleaning up his area.

 

Wonshik was last. I heave a sigh before shaking him. I was expecting an immediate reaction but all I got was a loud snore and him rolling over onto his side.

 

I nudge him again and got the same reaction.

 

I stand and kick his , still no reaction.

 

"You might as well leave him be. He won't wake up easily." Jaehwan says with a smile.

 

Dammit, Wonshik.

 

Yaeun laughs from her spot on the couch.

 

I look down at him. "I hope you wake with back pain!"

 

After that the others left. Yaeun got ready for bed and made her a bed on the couch. She said she wanted to keep watch on Wonshik. Whatever that means?

 

I head into my own bedroom and get ready for bed myself. After getting into bed I lied there lost in my thoughts.

 

Hakyeon kissed me, and he wasn't intoxicated. He was fully aware of himself. I roll over onto my side, I can't believe this. I wish I had made up my mind earlier, I'm seriously so stupid.


A/N:
Well has Inha finally decided on who she wants? I have most of the next part written, maybe the entire part.
But I don't have the part after that written unfortunately.