Chapter 1

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Chapter 1:

I wrote this all on my phone, so I'm sorry for the mistakes!


Junhyuk and I fell in love my sophomore year and his junior of high school. We began dating a year later. Our relationship blossomed and things only got better. I knew everything about him, his favorite everything and his pet peeves. Everything seemed great, that is until my senior year of high school. A year after we were dating.

 

Like with everything else in the world, things changed. He would text me less, ask to hang out less, and overall was different when he did talk to me. I pushed the weird things aside, maybe he was just stressed out because of college.

 

Three months after he started acting weird my best friend Yaeun brought me some shocking news. They were pictures of Junhyuk and some girl being really friendly. It was obvious what went on after the picture was taken.

 

I spent the night with Yaeun that night crying my eyes out. Why would he do this to me? He said he loved me. Did I do something wrong?

 

I was ready to confront him about it the next day. Only he said we couldn't meet until the weekend because of his classes. I thought about ending it through text but that wasn't how I wanted to end a years worth of my life. I didn't want to be that person who leaves like that.

 

When the weekend arrived he was surprisingly back to his old self. He gave me a hug and kiss when I showed up to his house. It had been so long since he last kissed me or rather touched me for that matter. The words that I had been practicing during the week I suddenly couldn't remember. Maybe I could pretend nothing happened?

 

And so I did.

 

Everything went back to how it used to be. And just like that I graduated high school with Yaeun, who to say the least, was disappointed in my actions by staying with him. She didn't like Junhyuk anymore. She eveb refused to be with me when I was him.

 

Junhyuk didn't seem to care. He seemed to not like her in return. I found myself in many tough predicaments because of their hatred toward one another.

 

A week after graduation he started to act weird again. Ignoring my texts and calls. We didn't hang out at all that week, and it was his birthday. I had planned a special surprise for him but he didn't seem to care. 

 

I once again fell into a slump. Yaeun would constantly threaten to beat him up but I wouldn't allow her. I pretty much gave up at that point.

 

Soon my summer program at my college began and he still never messaged me. I wouldn't break up with him just yet because I was naïve. I still believed we could work things out.

Boy, was I wrong.


Summer Session:

 

Today was kind of my first day of college, I was taking a bridge class. Bridge was something freshman students could take to bridge over easily into college from high school. My parents decided it would be best if I attended the summer class. So, here I was rushing to my class.

 

I make it to the classroom with three minutes to spare. There were only sixteen students in this bridge class. Each class was sectioned by majors. Everyone in this room shared the same major as me or was placed here by default.

 

I sigh relieved that I made it on time. I avoid eye contact with everyone as I entered, I didn't want to see weird. I spot a seat near the middle, I hurry and take the seat and relax. Here goes nothing.

 

The Professor waited until exactly 10:00 for class to start. She stood up near the front and cleared . Everyone sat their cell phones down and looked up.

 

"I'm Professor Yang." She bows her head, we all stand and bow in return.

 

Another woman stood from the front of the room and moved next to the Professor. "I'm Kim Mijin, I'll be everyone's Advisor. Well as long as you stay within this major." She smiles. She was younger than Professor Yang and obviously newer to advising, she seemed a little shy at public speaking.

 

"Oh, Hakyeon would you like to introduce yourself?" Professor Yang speaks up staring into the back of the room.

 

We all turn our heads to the back of the room where a tan boy sat. The boy was lazying around in the desk chair but suddenly sat upright when he noticed the attention of the entire class was on him.

 

He nods before standing and bowing. "I'm Cha Hakyeon, I'll be serving as your Mentor. I'm a fellow student here at, JF University so please do ask questions if you have any." He then takes his seat.

 

The Professor begins taking attendance and once she's done she speaks up again.

 

"Should we start of with an icebreaker then?" Professor Yang asks. I groan, seriously? I should've known we'd have to do something like this. They are going to make us all get to know each other and try to get us to make friends. Not that I don't want to make friends, it's just always awkward at first.

 

The mentor, Hakyeon moves to the front of the room. "Okay grab a partner everyone. There's an even number so everyone should only have one."

 

I glance around and realize I'm only sitting by one other person because the two girls I was sitting by had already paired up. A tall male turns towards me, he offers me a small smile and nods. Well I got my partner.

 

"Okay." Hakyeon claps. "Now you'll be interviewing each other. You each have three minutes to learn three interesting facts about your partner. At the end you'll come up and present your partner to the class. Ready, go!"

 

I turn towards the boy as he turns towards me. "I'll go first!" I quickly say.

 

"I'm Shin Inha. I'm eighteen, born on December 16, 1995."

 

"Something more interesting than name and age please." Hakyeon says walking past our group. I swallow and nod.

 

"I wish to make many friends here." I say one immediately feeling stupid. Wasn't everyone looking for that?

 

"Ugh, I don't know what else?" I groan. "I'm sorry."

 

The boy laughs. "No it's okay. What's your favorite color?"

 

"Purple." I answer. He nods seeming content with my answer.

 

"I'm Han Sanghyuk, also eighteen. Born on July 5, 1995. I'll be turning nineteen in about a month though." He smiles wide putting a finger to his chin, thinking a bit. "Um, I want to dye my hair blonde and visit Disney Land some day."

 

I nod, he seems nice. "Why blonde?"

 

"I don't know, my Hyungs always tease me and I think blonde hair will make me look badass and then they won't mess with me." He smirks, making a face towards our mentor, Hakyeon. Hakyeon tsks and winks back towards Sanghyuk.

 

"You two know each other?" I ask turning back towards him.

 

"Hmm, yeah we went to the same high school and we're friends." He replies turning back to me. I nod, I wish Yaeun would've came to this school with me.

 

After finishing the ice breaker we started class. It ended an hour and half later.

 

"Oh, before you go." Hakyeon stops everyone on the way out. "Some fellow mentors and I are having lunch on campus if any of you want to meet new people!"

 

"Hey you should join us." Sanghyuk nudges me from his desk. "You can meet my Hyungs and other mentors!"

 

"I don't know." I sigh, I was hoping Junhyuk would pay a surprise visit today but I secretly knew that wouldn't happen.

 

"You know what, why not." I jump up gathering my things. He chuckles and we both head towards Hakyeon.

 

"Looks like it's just us four." Hakyeon smiles. I glance around and notice another girl standing beside Sanghyuk. She nods towards me. Because of the ice breaker I knew her name was Jimin.

 

"Great lets go, I'm hungry!" Sanghyuk pushes past Hakyeon out into the hall.

 

Jimin's stomach grumbled loudly. "Hey wait for me!" She blushes before running after Sanghyuk.

 

I chuckle a bit. I glance at Hakyeon who was glancing after the two who were speed walking down the hall. He crosses his arms and snorts.

 

I smile at his action. "What?"

 

He turns towards me. "Nothing I'm just wondering when they'll realize that they have no clue which cafeteria we're meeting up at?"

 

A large smile forms on my face and I laugh. I turn back towards the two as they round the corner. He was right it was funny, I'm glad I didn't run off and make a fool of myself.

 

"Shouldn't we follow them so they don't get lost?" I ask feeling bad for them.

 

He sighs. "We'd better. Knowing Hyuk he'll call Wonshik and ask him for directions instead of coming back to me."

 

"Hyuk?" I question him. Was that a nickname for Sanghyuk?"

 

"Ah, sorry. I'm really close with Sanghyuk and my friends and I call him Hyuk for short." He nods.

 

"Oh I see." I reply. We began walking after the two who had ran off before. "How old are you? You don't look very old, and you're already a mentor."

 

He chuckles looking towards me. "I'm twenty-one. My birthdays in three weeks though!"

 

"Wow you're not much older than me." I point out. "I'm eighteen, I'll be nineteen in December."

 

"Live it up while you're young! It only gets harder." He informs me. He's not even that much older than me and he's talking like he's fifty-something.

 

I nod. I'm already having a harder time the way it is.

 

My phone buzzes in my pocket as we get into the elevator. Sanghyuk and Jimin were no longer in sight. They must've already called that Wonshik person and had him help them get there.

 

I pull my phone out and see a text from Yaeun. I open it and I immediately regret it.

 

To: Inha

From: Yaeun

I saw Junhyuk and his friend Moonkyu buying alcohol. They also had a couple of girls with them. Why haven't you dumped him yet?

 

I lock my phone and lean my back against the back of the elevator. I close my eyes and breathe. Why haven't you dumped him yet? I ask myself that question a lot. But a part of me still hopes that he's not doing anything bad. That the girls he's with are friends, nothing more.

 

"Are you okay?" Hakyeon's voice suddenly asks.

 

I slowly open my eyes. "Yeah." I mutter keeping my eyes on the buttons of the elevator.

 

"You don't sound okay." The bing of the elevator stopping on the first floor interrupts the short silence that followed his sentence.

 

I look down as I exit the elevator. There's no need pulling him into it. He's practically a stranger.

 

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, Inha." He stops me.

 

"Hmm?" I say not turning around.

 

"You can tell me, I'm trustworthy and my major just so happens to be in Psychology." He moves around to look me in the face. "It's very hard for me to pass up on helping people who look like they need help."

 

I sigh. "So basically I'm like a test-subject?" In other words he's using me for his own benefit?

 

"No I didn't mean it like that. It's just I'm very passionate about being a reliable person." He smiles. "What kind of mentor would I be if I didn't help you?"

 

I nod, I guess that makes sense. "I don't want to talk around the others."

 

"Come with me. I know just the place." He tugs on my arm. We climb back up a flight of stairs and head down the hall. At the end of the hall was a empty classroom. "This room is empty until 2:30."

 

I nod and find a seat. He sits down near me and clears his throat letting me know that he's ready.

 

"Whenever you're ready." He says crossing his leg over the other. Things go silent for a bit while I sit there thinking. What have I got to lose?

 

"I think my boyfriend is cheating on me." I answer quickly, hoping maybe he didn't hear.

 

He nods, sadly he did hear. "What makes you think he's cheating on you?"

 

"I don't just think, I know he is." I sigh biting my lip. "It's not the first time either."

 

"How long have you been together?" He says leaning in a bit, seeming totally interested.

 

"More than a year now." I answer lowly. "My best friend, Yaeun is the one who's caught him both times. I mean I've noticed how he changes when he's cheating." I swallow. "I just don't want to give up on the last year I've spent with him."

 

"You seem more upset that he's given up on the relationship then him cheating." He noted leaning back in his chair.

 

A spark suddenly sparks in my mind. He's right. "Maybe because it's already happened once. Maybe I'm just used to it."

 

"Or you're no longer in love with him." Hakyeon says with a shrug. "Maybe you're in love with the thought of dating him?"

 

I slowly nod. Was he right? I mean I didn't want to break up with Junhyuk, I didn't want to hurt his feelings despite how much he's hurt mine.

 

"Thanks, Hakyeon. Even though this was short you still helped me." I bow slightly, standing back up.

 

"It's no problem, really. Anytime." He smiles back. "Let's go find the others then."

 

I nod suddenly excited that I was going to be making more friends, friends like Hakyeon.


A/N:

I don't know how many parts there will be yet, but I already have more of it written on my phone. I just have to get it over onto to AFF before posting! Hope you enjoyed this so far!

I feel bad for making Junhyuk the bad guy in this but I've wanted him a character in one of my stories for a while now!

Sorry for any mistakes!