Chapter 3

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Chapter 3:

Here's another part, again remember I wrote this all on my phone. Beware of errors.


"Junhyuk?" My eyes rounded at the sight of him standing in my hallway. "What are you doing here?" I ask him, this was a huge surprise.

 

He smiles. "I just wanted to see you that's all."

 

My heart breaks a little. Why was he acting like this again? Paying me a visit all of the sudden. Acting like he hasn't been ignoring me the entire summer.

 

"Oh, how'd you get in?" I ask.

 

He chuckles. "You gave me a key remember?"

 

Oh right. "Sorry I forgot."

 

"Where have you been?" He looks me up and down. "I've been here since last night waiting for you to show." He crosses his arms across his chest.

 

I swallow the lump that had formed in my throat. I can't say what really happened, because then I'll look like the cheater. Which I sort of am, but honestly could we really call what we have a relationship? This is unfair, he's cheated on me twice.

 

"I was with my friend Jimin. She wanted me to help her out with the guy she likes Sanghyuk." I lie. I hope he didn't see Hakyeon dropping me off.

 

"Oh, did things work out?" He asks, his eyes roam over my hair. I instantly felt nervous. Did I look weird?

 

"She said she'd tell me tonight after their second date." I lie once more. I did need to message her and ask her about her and Sanghyuk. They were awfully close last night.

 

"Hmm. Why is your hair so messy? And where are your bags?" He asks looking around me.

 

"It's messy because I left my comb here and all my clothes. I went not thinking that I'd stay at her place." I chuckle lightly. My fingers tighten into fists. Why is life so cruel? I sound like an idiot trying to cover it up.

 

"Are you sure you're not cheating on me, Inha?" He asks giving me a smirk.

 

"What? Why would you say that?" I ask him. "I love you, I would never-." I say quickly covering things up even more by buttering him up. I wasn't about to be the bad guy in the situation.

 

"Okay okay, I was kidding, I believe you." He chuckles moving forward to kiss my forehead. "How was your summer session?" It felt nasty to have him press his lips on me. I felt as if I were betraying Hakyeon. But in all honesty, I wasn't dating Hakyeon. No matter how much I wanted to be, I couldn't confess to him this morning. Plus I was still in whatever Junhyuk wants to call this relationship at the moment.

 

"It was good." I reply quietly. Does he really care? He didn't text me and ask me, why ask now?

 

"That's good. So how about we meet up on tomorrow and hang out at my place?" He asks with a small smirk. I could tell what he wanted to do. It was the same look Hakyeon gave me last night after I got off of his lap. Lust. That's all he ever wants.

 

"Um yeah, I could probably come over." I say. But I didn't want him to touch me at all. 

 

"Good, let's watch a movie, babe." He pulls me into the living room and switches the television on switching through the channels.

 

I just sat there unamused thinking about I was supposed to break up with him. But I can't find the words to tell him now.

----

Junhyuk ended up spending the night that night. It felt awkward for him to hold me against him as he slept. Because of that I didn't get much sleep.

 

A guilt trip had suddenly hit me as I was lying there. Why did I get drunk last night? Why did I have to do those things with Hakyeon? Why did I have to fall for him?

 

What if Junhyuk isn't cheating? I mean I've never been provided a hundred percent proof, meaning that I saw them together with my own eyes. I've only relied on pictures and other people's words. But why does he go through fazes where he completely ignores me? It just doesn't make sense.

 

I bite my lip almost breaking skin. I'm so ed up. I should've kept things between Hakyeon and I platonic. Hopefully things still are and we look at last night as a mistake. Even though I really don't want to.

 

When morning comes Junhyuk leaves, reminding me to come visit tonight when I get home and I'm left alone with all my demons. I'm a horrible person. Tears flow out of my eyes endlessly. I let my head rest between my knees as I cried. I don't know what to do?

 

My phone buzzes and I wipe away some of my tears so I can see. I grab my phone and sigh. A few more tears spill out at the name I see.

 

To: Inha

From: Hakyeon

I can pick you up today if you want!

 

I sniff, I totally forgot I told him I'd hang out with him today. I also told Junhyuk I would too. Just another thing I've screwed up on recently.

 

I needed to meet with Hakyeon though and tell him about how I thought last night was a mistake. Plus this could be the last time I see him since summer session has ended.

 

To: Hakyeon

From: Inha

That'd be great.

 

To: Junhyuk

From: Inha

What time is best to come over tonight?

 

To: Inha

From: Hakyeon

Okay I'm on my way!

 

My eyes widen, already. I need to get ready! I quickly wipe all the remaining tears off my face. I quickly get dressed and check my phone.

 

To: Inha

From: Junhyuk

Around 9:30.

 

I squint at my phone. That's so late. There's not really a point in me coming over, it's practically time to sleep by then. I bite my lip, and I know he wants to do stuff but I don't want to.

 

My doorbell rings and I rush to the front door. Hakyeon stood behind the door smiling.

 

"Hey! Ready?" He asks. I force a wide smile onto my face. Today wasn't going to be a good day to confront him about this. It's his birthday.

 

"Yeah." I let out a small smile. Moving to step out the door. 

 

He stops me placing a hand on my shoulder and frowns. "What's wrong?"

 

"Hmm, nothing." I reply shaking my head. Don't notice, please. What was I thinking earlier when I said I'd tell him it was a mistake? I'm so stupid, today's his birthday. Who wants to hear that on their birthday?

 

He crosses his arms across his chest. "Did you forget I'm a Psychology major? I can tell when people, especially you, aren't acting right."

 

I heave a sigh, he definitely noticed. "You really want to talk about this on your birthday?"

 

He thinks for a moment and then nods. "Yeah why not this seems more important. Besides I'll have more birthdays in the future." He pushes me back inside and I groan.

 

We move into my living room and sit in silence for a few moments. He just sat waiting for me to start, as usual.

 

I let out another sigh. "Junhyuk came over last night." I mumble hoping he didn't hear.

 

"He did. What did he want?" He asks with a weird look in his eyes.

 

"He wants me to come over tonight. He was acting like his old self again." I place a hand on my forehead. "I seriously can't do this, Hakyeon." I say trying not break down.

 

"Why not?" He seems confused since I've not been very clear.

 

"I just don't know what's going on right now?" I reply looking down at my hands. "I'm so confused."

 

"Explain." He says analyzing my every move.

 

"I just-." I pause. "I'm sorry about the other night. It was a mistake." I swallow, that was a lie. I wanted everything that happened that night to happen. "I just don't want to be the cheater in my relationship. It's too late for that I know but still."

 

"Inha, I'm sorry about what happened too. But I don't regret it. We're friends and I'm not mad about it at all. I understand if you think it's a mistake and if you regret it but I don't think it was one and I sure as hell don't regret it. It was only natural to happen between us." I see him shrug out of the corner of my eyes. "I'm finding it hard to understand how you would be the only cheater in the relationship?"

 

He didn't regret it? My heart beat increases a bit. Why? I lower my gaze from him, why am I still thinking like this? 

 

"I don't have any concrete proof that he has." I admit to him. "I'm just relying on what I've heard."

 

"Yeah something you've heard from your best friend. Someone who would never lie to you, someone who is looking out for you." He says in a stern voice while folding his arms across his chest.

 

"But she's not seen it actually happen either?" I retort looking up towards him.

 

A weird look crosses his face. "Are you perhaps still in love with him? Even after all the things he's done to you?" He asks, the corners of his lips falling down into a frown.

 

My heart almost stops. No I'm not, I'm definitely not. "No I'm not." I answer.

 

"Then why are you defending him?" He his head to the right a little bit seeming a bit mad.

 

"I'm not. You said yourself that I'm just in love with being in a relationship." I say back quickly. I was hoping he said yes you're right, my mistake. But he didn't.

 

"You know I thought that was the case, but I'm not so sure anymore." He shakes his head a bit in disappointment. "I was hoping you wouldn't let someone walk all over you like he is."

 

My heart cracks a little, why does this feel like goodbye? Hakyeon looks down at his watch.

 

"I'd better get going so you can go meet up with him." He stands and I quickly stand to stop him. He sends me a look that says, don't. He turns and begins to leave.

 

I blink slowly, why was this happening? I'm so confused with what's going on. Why am I like this? Why can't I just dump Junhyuk?

 

I rush into the hall after him. "Wait Hakyeon, we're still friends right?" I say desperately. I didn't want to lose him.

 

He turns after putting his shoes back on. "Yeah of course. I'll see you some other time." He offers me a small smile before stepping outside. Then I'm left alone once again. I'm really stupid.


A/N:

Well there's trouble in paradise it seems. Boy is Inha a little annoying with all of her back and forth between the two of them. But I promise she'll make up her mind soon!

Hope you enjoyed this part!

I might have the next one out tonight, if not tonight then tomororw!