Chapter 8

Home is Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8. Krystal : Decision.

The water in the pool feels fresh to my toe, so good so welcoming I decide to dip my feet into the liquid. Ripples of water emerge as I do so and the sight somehow calms me down.

I sigh, throwing my head back, basking in the afternoon sun.

It has been two weeks since I came out of the hospital. I feel healthier, feel a little happier too despite all the worry and anxiety. Mom, Dad, and Unnie have gone all the way to make me feel comfortable. We haven't talk about the whole situation yet. There is somehow this silent agreement that nobody shall bring up my pregnancy in negative context.

It seems like everybody just want to make sure that I eat and rest enough.

I smile at the thought of it. Even as I play with the water I can smell something's cooking in the kitchen. Mom and Unnie are on one of their baking quests again, promising me a heavenly slice of apple pie soon.

Mom and I went to check on my pregnancy yesterday. Dr. Lim, I call her Dr. Yoong now, is so kind and attentive. I'm so grateful Sooyoung unnie has introduced us to the good doctor.

Everything is okay according to Dr. Yoong. My iron level is a little below the normal bar, but she said nothing can't be fixed with a good diet plan and multivitamin. I'm just thankful that the bleeding didn't affect my baby, a little soul in me that somehow I have fallen in love with. I let my hand linger on my stomach, trying to feel its presence.

My phone chirps and I lazily reach into my pajama's pocket. It's Sehun, asking how am I doing via messenger app. I reply with a short text, not because I dislike his question or anything else. It's just there's nothing more to say for he calls and texts me so often these days.

Can't really blame him though. It's not like I can let him come to see me after what Dad did to him. My old man is still angry at Sehun no matter how much I try to explain the nature of our relationship. It's not safe for us to meet often too. There was already news about Sehun being spotted in hospital during my stay there.

Sehun. I sigh at the thought of him. The fact that he acknowledged my baby as his, in front of my whole family, without hesitation whatsoever still baffles me. Then the way he showers both me and the baby with endless love and attention despite from a distance. I can't help but question the depth of his love for me. Has our relationship becomes more than casual fling to him?

I refuse to over-analyze our feelings toward each other now. My main focus is my pregnancy now, how I prepare myself to be a mom, and my career. The next shooting schedule is coming near and I have no idea how the producers will react to my pregnancy. I'm not the main cast so I guess it will be easy for them to write me out of the scene.

Dad has told me to stay put and let him and family's lawyer deal with the technical aspect of this issue. He has my agent and my company noticed the day before. Now it's merely a waiting game for us.

One thing for sure, whatever happens next, I'll always have my baby and my family with me.

“Isn't it too cold to stay outside.” I feel Dad wraps a cardigan around me before hearing his voice.

“Not really.” I turn my head to see him also dipping his feet into the water.

“Aigoo. It's cold.” Dad yelps and retracts his feet immediately, his reaction makes me laugh. “Let's get in sweetheart.”

I shake my head, going back into studying the water while swirling my feet in it.

“I've had a meeting with people from your company this morning.”

“Oh?”

“They practically tell us to deal with LA ourselves.”

I nod. That's to be expected for the company that helps me debuted. The people who run the company now only care about how to make more money and flashy publicity while keeping truth about their artists out of media's ears.

“But they strongly advice us to keep this news from local media a little longer. You know, at least until Sehun and his group finish their tour this year.”

“If, I want to bring Sehun's name in this.”

“What do you meant if you want to bring Sehun's name in this? He has to take the responsibility for this. He has to marry you Soojung. The sooner the better. Your wedding needs to be out in the open so people won't think less of your baby.”

I gulp. I don't think I want to weigh Sehun with this issue. I don't want his career to sink just like that. There must be a way around it. There must be something I can do to keep Sehun's name from getting tainted. Maybe I can hide in LA until the baby is born. Maybe I can keep the identity of this child's father as a lifetime secret.

I dare not voicing my thought, for I know my parents won't agree with my way of thinking. I shiver, a drop of tears unknowingly falls on my cheek.

“I'm sorry, baby. Don't be sad. Everything will be alright.” Dad wraps her hand around my shoulder. Oh how I'm grateful to have such strong anchor in my life.

“I know.” I look up at him, trying to smile. “I've got you, mom, and Unnie. Of course everything will be alright. I'm just sorry that I've brought so much trouble into this family.”

“This is not trouble, Soojung-ah.” Dad put his hand atop my hand that has been resting on my stomach. “This is just good news comes a little early. Let's be happy for it. Let's ensure this baby the best future we can provide.”

I nod again, unable to hold back tears. My kind father, my loving mom, and my dear Unnie are the gifts in my life I don't think I deserve to keep.

“Now. Let's get in. Have mercy on this wrinkly granddaddy-to-be.” He stands up, tugging at my hand.

After a moment, I stand up too, following him to the kitchen where Unnie is busy taking a freshly baked pie out of the oven.

“Hot pie coming trough.” She puts the baking tray on the kitchen counter. “Voila. Apple Pie a la Jessi.” She twirls a little, presenting the pie in such an extravagant way it makes me snort.

“Please don't take full credit when the only thing you've done well is peeling the apple.” Mom comes with plates and forks in one hand, flicking Unnie's arm with her other hand.

“Ouch. Why so mean, Mom? I whisked the dough too.” Unnie sticks her tongue out, sitting beside me and wraps a hand around my waist. “At least I helped, unlike lazy Soojung here.”

“I'll help too. Let me cut the pie” I'm about to grab the knife on the counter but mom stops me.

“Wait until it cools down a bit.”

“How long? I'm drooling already.” I pout.

“Five minutes.”

I sigh, standing up and walk to the fridge, searching for food. My appetite rises exponentially these days. There are a bowl of grapes which I immediately bring to the counter.

“Wash them first.” Mom takes the bowl before I even have the chance to pick one grape, washing the fruit thoroughly before handing the bowl back to me. “You need to pay attention to the hygiene of your food more than before , sweetheart. Eat healthier for my grandchild.”

“Und

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter