Chapter 12

Home is Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12. Jessica : This Is Home.

“I can't believe this.” I throw my hands up in frustration. “The man assaulted my sister but he got paid instead.”

“He got paid so he won't sue Sehun for beating him up, Jess.” Yuri wraps a hand around my shoulder, taking me into a hug as he leans back on the car seat. “Even if we sue him and get him jailed for a few months there's no guarantee that he will shut up after.”

“He's working in entertainment industry. He's got connection. It will be easy for him to ruin Krystal's career. It will be easy for him to talk to Korean media and sinks Sehun's popularity in a blink of an eye. This is hardly the right time for public to know that Sehun has beaten someone in his pregnant girlfriend's apartment. ”

“Aarrgh.” I kick the seat in front of me, earning a very disapproval look from the driver of the rented car. I really hate how things work in entertainment industry.

“At least our lawyer has gotten us a very good agreement. This Mendez guy will be out of Krystal's way for a very long time. Krystal may work in peace now.”

“All this effort and we don't even know if my sister will get a contract renewal or not.”

“Hey.” Yuri caresses my hair, hugging me tighter. “Don't worry. Thing will work out for the best.”

I pout, still feel so disappointed of how thing unfolds.

“Smile, Jung Sooyeon.” He tilts my chin. “Do you want to drink or something to erase this ugly legal meeting?”

I shake my head no.

“Do you want us to go to Krystal's apartment instead?”

His offer puzzle me. We've got so many things to do at the hospital. “How about your mom? We need to pack for the flight home.”

“You are going home with us?”

“Of course I am.”

“I don't mind if you want to stay here longer. Reschedule your meetings and stay with Krystal for a while. Her schedule here ends in three more weeks right? You can always come back to me by then.” He smiles at me. His words seem so genuine.

“I don't even know if Krystal wants to go back to Korea. She thinks it's better to stay low here until the birth of her child.”

“She has a point. You know how cruel Korean Showbizz can be.”

“She even wants to raise her child alone here, that stubborn sister of mine.” I tear up at the thought of all the trouble my sister has to go through. “Keep on apologizing for causing our family trouble and embarrassment. Working here alone while pregnant. And now this assault and blackmailing. She has been through too much.”

“Stay positive for her, Jess. Keep supporting her. ” Yuri kisses my temple then pats the driver's on the shoulder, telling him to go to Krystal' address.

“Yul?”

“Let's stay in Krystal apartment tonight.”

“But your mother...?”

“I'll have a nurse watching over her for tonight. Mom needs to get use of not having you around now she starts to spend your time more than me.” He gives me that boyish smile of him that I love so much. “You even help her bathing. I'm so jealous.”

I punch his shoulder lightly, squealing when he pull me into his arms and kisses me deeply.

“Can I ask you something?” I hold his gaze. This is a question I've been keeping since I found out about how sick his mother is.

“Fire away.” He steals another kiss before letting me go, eyes looking down at me reverently.

“Why didn't you tell me earlier about your mother condition?

“It doesn't even matter anymore, baby.” Averting his gaze from me, Yuri also untangles our hands.

“It does for me.” I know well that our distanced hearts prevented my mother-in-law from directly telling me about her disease. But my own husband? How could he say nothing about it? Why did he keep it from me until after the day his mother had her removed due to the cancer?

“She didn't tell me until it was almost too late too, Jess. She hid her pain for so long. I'm her son, her only child, yet I know nothing about her but the things she wants me to see.”

“She was about to give up. She said it doesn't bother her if she can only live for one more day or for one more month. She only wants to make sure her only son leads a happy life so she may leave in peace.”

“Yul...”

“She didn't tell me until the morning before you came back from Hongkong. She said it saddens her to see me not having my wife around like that while she has no idea how much longer she can help taking care of me.”

It's clear now. His anger that night. His sudden request for me to quit my job and give his parents a grandchild. The reason behind our big fight a few months ago,

“I'm sorry, Jess. I dispensed my disappointment the wrong way. I shouldn't have done what I did to you that night. I shouldn't have said those crazy words.”

“Baby.” I cup his face, feeling so guilty inside. “It wasn't only your fault. I was too blindsided by work and selfishness to see the real issue. Please forgive me too.”

“Let's juts forgive each other and forget.” He gives me a wan smile. “I'm just happy that mom agreed to get better treatment. She had insisted in staying in Korea so hard Father and I thought of getting her sedated and bring her here with force.”

“And while you and your parents struggling, I was completely MIA.”

“I had thought of telling you. But you seemed so angry at me back then and then came Krystal's issue. I didn't think you need extra burden on your shoulder. That and I also in between of juggling office issues. I thought it will be good if we stay away from each other until the coast is clear.”

I frown, regretting my attitude even more now that I can see how considerate and patient Yuri actually is.

“Now. Let's stop talking about the past, shall we? Let's focus on the future. Mom is getting better, we're going home soon. And Krystal is.... well I'm sure Krystal is genuinely happy with the incoming arrival of her baby, despite everything she has been going through your sister smiles a lot lately.”

“She is happy. I just wish no more trouble will come and bother her.”

“We'll work together to keep Krystal and the baby safe. Don't worry.”

I can't voice how thankful I am for my husband's constant support. A kiss coming from the deepest part of my soul is the only thing I can give him at the moment. Our lips meet and the kiss deepen in no time.

“Should we turn around and check in into a hotel instead?” Yuri wriggles his eyebrows at me when I finally pull apart.

My mouth gapes in shock while my brain actually considering the option. It has been too long since we're with each other. I've missed Yuri's intimacy so much.

My husband laughs though. His shoulder shakes as he bends over on his seat, his cheeks red. “Oh my. You're actually considering it? As expected from my dear Jessica.”

Punches are sent his way mercilessly when I finally realize that he was joking about the check in invitation. I believe my face has turned fire red due to the embarrassment and I seriously hope the driver didn't overhear conversation.

“Okay. Okay. Stop. I give up. We'll check in.” Yuri pulls me into his tight embrace, ruffling my hair.

“Yah! Kwon Yuri!” I try to slap his chest to no avail.

“Don't be so violent. You know I'm the subject of your every command.” He grins against my lip, kissing me oh so sweetly. “We'll get the point where I make you scream my name but let's spend a night with your family before I come back to Korea first.”

“Before we come back to Korea.” I set him straight, diving for another kiss.

“But your work?” He holds me at arm-lenght, looking confused. “The long-postponed meetings?”

“They can wait.” I whisper, settling myself against his chest. “Wake me up when we get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter