04

love in tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The struggle to keep myself asleep is too hard tonight. I keep thinking on why Jongdae keep on dissappearing from my sight. My eyes fixed on the clock as the second ticked by, making the ticking sounds echoed in the room. It is how silent it is right now. I can feels the sweat running down from my forehead down to my cheeks. 


Its cold. I swear its cold but I keep on sweating that my pyjama already drenched with sweat on my back. A heavy sigh come out from my mouth as I embraced myself. Come on, Jiyu. Get over it. I keep telling myself over and over again on how much I need to move on but I cant. No matter how hard it is.. I still cant get over to the blurred memories of my past. It will only stop when Baekhyun stay.


But Baekhyun is not, and never will be here anymore. 


I glanced over the plushy that resemble him that is placed next to my pillow. I hit it once, twice until I lost count. I poked, hit, and pinched it, making the plushy fall down to the floor. I scooted over and reached for it. At the moment, my eyes fall on the blue handkerchief lying next to the plushy. I must have misplaced it. I grab the handkerchief and the plushy from the floor and put them on the bed. Crossing my leg as I grab a pillow for myself to hug before I played around with the plushy and the handkerchief.


When I started to get bored, I decided to save Jongin's number in my phone before going to sleep. That is when I heard weird sounds from downstairs. My eyes widened as I look at the door, as if I could see what is happening down there. Oh God, who is that ? I glanced at the clock and frowned, It already past midnight..


I gulped as I hop off my bed and locked the door silently. I shut my eyes closed as fear started to raked to my heart and all over my body. Another sounds come out and I flinched. My trembling hands reached for my phone and I realised that I am calling Jongin, but I dont care. What if the thief have a gun with him ? What if its a ghost ? Jiyu, can you not think it that way ?!


"Hello ?"


"Jongin ?" I whispered. I could hear him groaning, "Who is this ? Do you know what time it is right no-" "It's Jiyu" I cut him off as I walked over my wardrobe and grab a hanger. It is the best weapon I can get right now. "Jiyu ? Ughh I must be dreaming"


"No, you're not and I need your help right now" I take a deep breath and exhaled and repeat. Two years ago, I faced to my panic attack for the first time and that was how I met Baekhyun. He is the one who help me breathing and prevent myself from dying. "Right now ?" Jongin ask in bewildered, "I-I think there's a thief inside of my house.." I could feel myself slowly  losing source of oxygen. "J-Jongin.. I cant breath.."


"Hey, hey ! J-Just tell me your address-"


"R-remember when I met you this evening-" "Yes, yes I remember" He said as I hear the commotion he's doing from the other line. "Thats.. my house. The white one, number 48" 


"Gives me 5 minutes. Just take your breath for 5 minutes and you will be safe, alright ?!" I just nod eventhough he cant see me. I could hear he's gasping for air, he is running to help me. Right then I know Im going to be safe. Now all I need to do is calm myself down and keep on breathing.


Breath Jiyu, just breath..


My trembling hands reached for my bed sheet and hold onto it tight as I feels my heart aching for oxygen. "J-Jongin.. I cant breath.." I said to him and feels myself already crying. I dont want to die.. I dont want to die.. "Im here, Im here. Im infront of your house" He said anxiously and I walked over to the door. "Your password, I need your password !"


I turned the doorknob as I gasped for oxygen. My lips mumbled out the password to Jongin. Just fcking breath, Jiyu. Its not that hard, come on ! I thought as my head feels like its getting heavier by times. The door opened and the next thing I see is Baekhyun standing infront of my room. "B-Baekhyun.. ?" I barely said. The next thing I knew is I already clutched onto his shirt, so it was just him who creating all those noises ? "Baekhyun-ah-" The phone slipped from my hand and fall down right to the floor.


"J-Jiyu.." He said in shock as his hand wrapped around me, preventing myself from falling. "Baek..-its hurt" My head dropped on his shoulder. "Its okay" he held me tight as he whisper to my ear. "Im here, just breath calmly. Follow me alright ?" He said calmly and the next thing I knew is I following him breathing slowly.  I hold onto his shirt like my life depended on it. A few moments later, I ended up crying in his embrace. The burning effect in my lungs slowly killing me as I finally get to breath properly. The episode makes me exhausted and ended up passing out in his hands.

 


BYUN BAEKHYUN POV
 

 "What am I going to do with you ?" I mumbled in worried.

All I could do is sighing hard as I feel her passing out in my hands. "Han Jiyu ?!" I turned to the stairs and see an unfamiliar guy screaming after her name. He is wearing a hoodie and is gasping for air as if he just running to this place. I take a glance toward Jiyu before looking back at him.


"Im sorry, who are you ?" I asked out of curiousity. "How in the world can you get into my house ?" 


The next thing I knew is he already take Jiyu away from my hands. My eyes widened toward his bold action. "What do you think are you doing ?!" I said as I look at him slowly put Jiyu on her bed.  "Jiyu ? Can you hear me ?" He gently said and I feels myself getting out of the place. "Get out" I said sternly but he acted like he didnt listen to me at all. I ended up grabbing him by his collar before throwing a punch toward his jaw. "I said get out !"


He groaned before glaring back to me as he gives me a punch right on my face. "Its you who need to get the hell out of here, you hear me ?!" He screamed to me in anger. 


Just- what the fck ?


"After you make her cry, do you think you deserve to stay here !?" His words make me frozed. Why is he saying this to me ? Who is he to even warned me like this ? I could tell he is just as mad as me through his dark eyes. 


"J-Jongin.." He quickly turned to Jiyu and run over her. Jongin ? That ring a bell. "Yes, yes Im here. Are you okay ?" I run my hand through my hair in frustation. She nod to that guy as he ask questions about her in worried. I leaned on the wall with my crossed hands as I patiently wait for them to finish.


"Baekhyun.." My heart skip a beat once she said my name. I walk over to her side and look at her. Her eyes tremble when she set her eyes on me. It make my broken heart turned into a smaller pieces. How can I let her go when she is this fragile infront of me ? "Hey, I know you are worried about her but can you please, leave" I said calmly as I look of them staring each other for a long time. Its kind of hard holding onto myself from throwing another punch on his face. "Okay.." He said, more to a whisper before he unwillingly leaves us alone.


After he dissappeared from my sight, I locked the door and positioned myself next to her. "What is it this time ?" I whisper as I scoop her head and pull her to my chest. "You know I cant leave you at night.." I sighed before kissing the crown of her head. "I heard sounds you make.. I thought.. it was a thief.." She said between her sobs. 


"Is that the reason why that guy was here ?" I asked again and feel she nod before moving closer to me. Her cries get even louder as she s her hands around my waist. "Im scared.. you was not here and Jongdae has gone, I dont know what I should do" She said and I shushed her. "Its okay, Im here now" I tapped her back gently. "I wont leave, so dont worry and just sleep, alright ?"


She has stop crying, I leaned back and find her already sleeping. I extend my hand to tucked her hair at the back of her ear. I ended up spending the night staring at her sleeping face. Jongdae has gone ? Her imaginary friend have been with her since forever.. Out of many times, why now ? It have nothing to do with me breaking up with her right ? Her Kim Jongdae has been with her since before I met her though..


And my night passed by me thinking about her imaginary friend and that Kim Jongin guy.

HAN JIYU POV
 

I flutters my eyes open and feels something heavy around my waist. A very familiar scent welcome me as I look up. Right after I see his face, my heart feels 100 times heavier. Its hurt to the point I want to hit my chest hard in order to stop them from killing me. I close my eyes again, hoping I can sleep again but I cant. Tears ended up flowing out from my eyes and it hit his hand, making him stir in his sleep. I lowered my head and hid myself on his chest, "Hey.." He said with his husky morning voice. "Jiyu, are you awake ?" He ask as he patted my hair. I just shook my head to answer him. His hand gently searched for mine and intertwined them together. "How can you move like that if you're still asleep" he chuckled. I close my eyes and let his warm comfort me at the moment. It feels so right to wake up in his arms. How I wish we can stay like this for a long time. Forever, if its po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter