01

love in tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

   They said its hard to live. They said its hard to faced the truth. It is the truth, but for me, life is getting much more easier since Baekhyun came into my life. He is like a precious gem that I find after facing a hard time digging through the hard rocks, deep in the forest.


I still remember vividly the day he confessed to me, it was on a rose day. The day where everything covered with that red petals. I thought it is just a normal day when I find myself walking through a path that is scattered with the roses petals. I thought someone have voluntered themselves to scattered them around the town since its a rose day.


But all that thought flew away when I find him standing at the end of the path. Byun Baekhyun is standing right there under the dim streetlights with his black Supreme sweater which is my favourite. My eyes fall on his hand which is holding a bouquet of roses before I changed my gaze right to his sweet eyes. His rectangle smiles, his black shiny hair make my heart flutters for the first time after knowing him for almost two years. 


"Baekhyun ?"


I whispered and stuttered for a second when the cold wind hit me. "Hey.." he said softly as he take his steps closer to me and stop right infront of me. "Happy rose day" he said as he handed to me the roses. I look down at the red flower before looking at him again, "What happen ?" I asked in bewildered because Baekhyun is not the type of guy who would buy a rose on a rose day, he is not the type who would buy chocolate on valentines day. "I think you eat too much Chanyeol's homemade cookies just now that your brain is not working well right now"


He husky chuckled make my heart flutters again. I grab my hand into a fist when I realised that I might like him. I like my best friend and it is not supposed to happen. "Just take it" he said and I take it from his hand. "...Thanks" I said as I stared at the flowers. "But why me ?" I look up to meet with his eyes. They look shinier this time, much more beautiful this time. Suddenly, my mum's word flashed in my mind.


"When you like someone, everything about him ought to be beautiful"


What ?


He stared at me for a long time with his hands tucked in his pockets, "Its always you" 


My eyes widened at the sudden change of Baekhyun. After knowing him for two years, I have seen many sides of him but not this. Ever. 


"What ? Ar- are you.."


"Jiyu" he cut off my words, leaving my lips hanging, losing for words. "B-Baekhyun ?" At the moment, I dont even know if I am stuttering due to the coldness or because of him, "I think I like you"


I think I like you


Is this really coming from Baekhyun's lips ? Out of many girls who hitting on him.. why me ?


Its always you


I was frozed in shocked when he walk closer, ped his sweater and put it on me. "Jiyu, you are not moving" he chuckled and I come to my sense. I turn to the other side and look straight to his eyes, "Are you- for real ?" I asked in disbelief. He genuinely smile at me as his hand reached to the end of his sweater which is on me, pulling me closer to him. 


He leaned in. Getting closer to my face. Baekhyun is going to kiss me. He is going to steal my first kiss. I closed my eyes in alarmed as I feels my body shrinking.


"Happy rose day, Jiyu" My breath hitched when I hear he whisper to my ear. His hot breath send chills right to my spine. I abruptly opened my eyes in shock. I was about to pushed him away. I grab his white tee and getting ready to pushed him off me until he said the magic words.


"Jiyu, will you date me ?"


The thought of pushing him away was erased completely from my mind. His hands s to my waist to pulled me closer to him. His warmness replaced the coldness that I feel. Right then, I knew he is the right person for me. The warmness that I needed in my life. My eyes stuttered for awhile until I find myself hugging him back and I said,


"Happy rose day, Baek"


"Is that a yes ?"


"What do you think ?" I said before smiling at him.


Weird. I know. But I could feel he smiling in delight as he kissed the crown of my head and pulled me closer if that even possible. "Youre unbelieveable" he said as he grinning at the crook of my neck. 


"Listen to yourself and ask me that question again" I said and pulled him gently of off me. "You are not yourself" I said, as the smile on my face keep getting wider, 

 


"and Baekhyun ?"

 


"Hmm ?" he tilted his head, waiting for me to continue.

 


"Its a yes"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Since then, everything feels like candy and sweets. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Until, he broke that one promise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter