08

love in tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Years ago, I have this one-sided feeling toward Jongin- but he insisted on staying as friend because he doesnt want our long-term relationship to ruined just because of this feeling called love. Me being his bestfriend- understand on why he tell me so. Jongin was in a relationship with his best friend when he was in middle school. Everyone call them as school sweetheart because everyonw knows how they love each other but because of a misunderstand between them- their relationship come to an end. As everyone know, it is hard to stay as friend after a break up.

 

The two of them never talk nor meet each others eyes anymore.

 

I dont know if it is a good thing to hear or not. Being just a friend when we know we loves each other is sure hurt- like hell. Even after years, even after I met Baekhyun, I cant believe that I still have this feeling lingered inside of me toward Kim Jongin.


I changed my gaze from Jongin to Baekhyun in a second- a smile creeps on my face as we make an eye contact. By then I knew that my feelings toward Baekhyun is much bigger than I thought. My right hand raised as I waved my hand to him. "Baekhyun-ah !" I screamed and he quickened his steps and ended up running toward me. "Hey, how are you doing ?" He asked right infront of me as his gaze fall on Jongin next to me. "Oh.. you're here too" He said to Jongin, making the latter smirked. 


"Jealous ?" Jongin said and I hit his hand, "Stop it!" I turned back to Baekhyun and nod my head, "Im fine now, can you help me with my things, Baekhyun ?"


"Sure, anytime" He said as he head to my ward. "Do you live with Baekhyun all this times ?" Jongin asked and I nod to him, "I thought you know"


"I know.. I just need a confirmation" He said as he ruffles my hair before leaving me alone in the empty hall. "Where are you going ?" I shout just enough for him to hear and he wave his hand to me- not even turned to look at me. "Somewhere"


I rolled my eyes before get into my ward, just to see Baekhyun stands by the window- watching the rain fall down heavily at the outside. The room is now dim, making the sight of him looks fascinating. The light from the outside lighten him-- making my heart skips a beat, especially when he turned to me and flashed me his infamous rectangle smiles. 


"Baekhyun-ah" his name slipped from my mouth. I just feels like calling his name.


"Can I tell you something ?" He suddenly said and I ended up standing infront of him like a statue. "Yes.. ?" I hesitated as I see him take his seat on the bed and I follow to sit next to him. "What do you want to tell me ?" I asked. His hands are clutched together as if he is nervous. I frowned before I put my right hand on them, "Calm down.. anything wrong ?" I said, searching for his eyes and our gaze met once he turned to me.


"What I told you last night.. I really mean it" 

 

"The saying falling out of love is not even exist, Han Jiyu. Its not- well atleast to me because it is just impossible to un-love you"

 

I unconciously blinked my eyes as I reminisced everything he have told me last night. All of a sudden, my heart starting to beating so hard. I hold onto my breath- Im scared he might hear them beating. "W-well.. I never said that I didnt believe you.." I mumbled, my eyes are everywhere but him. Baekhyun put his hands on mine instead and intertwined them together. "Can we.. start all over again ?"


I finally let out out my breath as I slowly met with his soft gaze. At the moment, I feels like a melting ice cube. When is it the last time I have ever feels so loved like this ? "I know I broke your heart" He said. His hand around mine makes me feel safe. They makes me calmed. They make me remember everything I loved about him. 


"But I want you to know, I regret everything that I have done and I want you back. I want to comfort you at night, I want to listen to your stories about your imaginary friend. I want to hold your hand at school and let everyone know that you are mine. I want to love you and you to love me" He stared at me like I am his world. I have never seen him so sincere with his words.


"Why.. are you saying this.." I could feels myself blushing as I look down, avoiding his gaze. Im afraid I might melt with that gaze of him. "Because I mean it. Hey.. look at me" His right hand cupping my cheek as he make me facing him and the next thing I knew is his lips meeting mine in a second. By then, everything stopped. 


"I want you to be mine again" He whisper with his hoarse voice. I feels like my chest is going to burst in any seconds. My eyes suddenly trembled as he cupped my cheeks. "You are going to cry" He chuckled, leaning his forehead to mine. "Is that a yes or what ?" He said, still giggling.


I bit my lips as I nodded my head- saying yes to him. There is no way I can say no to him. He's my whole world. "Thank you.." He said as he pulled me into a hug, "Thank you" The hug that I have been missing. The solace that I have been missing from him.  Once again, he become my Baekhyun that I once loved and always will I love. My hands clutching to his shirt as I burst into tears. The feeling is too everwhelmed for me to handle. We remain in that position for a while as he tap my back and humming to lullaby- as if trying to send me to sleep.


"Am I interrupting something ?" I feels Baekhyun moved but I remain leaning my head on his shoulder. "Ouh.. no. What are you doing here ?" Baekhyun said as he make me faced him and wipe the tears on my face using his thumb. "Stop crying, okay ?" He whisper to me with a smile on his face and I just nod, reaching for tissues by the nightstand.


"I just come back from the police station" Chanyeol said as he leaned his body on the nightstand. He must have find me trying so hard to reached for the tissues that he handed to me the tissue box to me. I said a simple thanks to him as he continued, "They said they will start the investigation after they finish writing the report and.." His eyes fixed on me and I wait for him to fnished his words, "They need yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter