Just like now

Log In

Ha Ri pushed her back harder into Yoongi's chest so she could feel his warmth. She started getting sleepy and the blanket she had around her and Yoongi hugging her from behind didn't help the situation. "Yoongi, shouldn't you go back to the dorms? It's too late." Ha Ri whispered and raised her head just to see his eyes staring at the TV. How can he find this movie interesting? "I actually prepared myself to sleep here tonight but if you don't want me to then-

"No! Of course, I don't mind.  But, my mum had a meeting that's why she's kind of late and I don't know when she'll get back." She kept whispering and Yoongi smiled at her words. "Don't be scared of your mum. She knows more than you think she does. Besides she's a psychologist. " He quoted her mum and that made her raise her eyebrow confused. "What is that suppose to-" 

The door suddenly got unlocked cutting her off mid sentence. Ha Ri instantly sat up straight and sat next to him pretending everything was normal before she entered. Yoongi smiled at her reaction and so did her mum and Ha Ri started wondering why were they getting along? "Hello." Her mum said and started talking her shoes off and her coat. "Hey mum. How was the meeting?" Ha Ri asked. "It was boring as always." She joked and walked to the kitchen after showing a smile to Yoongi. Unfortunately for them, the kitchen wasn't separated from the living room. 

Ha Ri turned to look at Yoongi who kept watching the movie. What was going on between those two? "Oh I see you got noodles. Thank you for getting me too." Her mum joked once again and the both of them turned to look at her from the couch. "I didn't know you would be here as well." Yoongi commented and her mum smiled. "I'll order some pizza, do you want some?" She asked and started dialing the number. Yoongi jumped up at the sound of pizza. "Yes, please!" He replied as he started getting hungry again. Ha Ri was sitting there quietly observing their normal talk with wide eyes.  She had totally missed something.

"Okay what the hell is going on between you two? It's like you've been knowing each other for ages!" Ha Ri asked with her confused tone when her mum put the phone down. Yoongi and her mum started laughing and that made her even more frustrated. "He didn't tell you? Well a couple of days after I met him, I came across him at work. I was transferred into a music company to do meetings with some trainees. And it looked like he was one of them. You owe me for passing that V guy though. He's so weird." She explained and turned at Yoongi.

Yoongi started laughing again then turned to Ha Ri. "V is Taehyung, you remember him right?" Ha Ri nodded still a bit shocked. Yoongi smiled at her and turned to her mum since she asked him something. "When are you going to debut? I heard that a new boy group is going to in some weeks." Ha Ri stared at Yoongi who was standing not far away from her mum. What will happen to me if he debuts? We can't keep dating. He will be so busy all the time and not only that but his company won't even allow it. He's going to break up with me sooner or later. Yeah that's it. That's why he came. I should have expected this.

"Yeah. We still have two weeks. And my schedule is endless most of the time." He replied remembering of what he had to do the following day. Aw, how he hated dancing. He was awful at it. "Where are you going?" Ha Ri's mum asked when she saw her going upstairs slowly with a heavy heart. "I'm a little tired...excuse me." She muttered and the both of them stared at her until she was lost in the darkness of the hallway. 

"What is wrong with her these days?" Her mum asked more like to herself. Yoongi turned to look at her with desperate eyes. "She had a fight with Seulbi today. Actually..." Yoongi explained the situation telling her the exact same words as Ha Ri had told him a couple of hours ago. Her mum nodded when he finished and sighed.

"Yoongi-ah, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you a favor. Don't leave her. I know that you're busy and when you debut you're going to be more busy than you already are. You're going to be away for months and who knows what will else can happen. I know that you may not keep being together the way you are now, I know that your company can be very strict when it comes to dating and with all those fans you're going to have, you won't be able to see Ha Ri the way you see her now. But, please, promise me that you'll at least be there for her as a friend. You'll keep talking to her, you'll keep caring about her. Ha Ri has already lost her father after the divorce which was not long ago, she now lost her friend, the only one she had. If you leave too, I don't know if she'll be able to live with all this burden. I'm not asking for you to keep being with her. I'm just asking to not lose touch. Please, at least do it for me."

 

Yoongi got upstairs after some minutes. He opened the door slowly as he noticed Ha Ri lying on her bed in the darkness. "Baby, are you awake?" He whispered and when he didn't get an answer he approached her closing the door behind him quietly. Ha Ri closed her eyes and held her breath pretending she was sleeping. She knew why he was there. And if he didn't find her awake, he wasn't going to break up with her.

A sigh followed after he lied beside her and pulled her close to him until her back touched his chest. He buried his face in the crook of her neck. "Ha Ri-ah, you know I love you right? I once promised to myself that I would never hurt you and I'm keeping that promise. Though, I know that there will be times that can separate us for a long period of time and I'm wondering if you can make it. Not seeing me for so long? My company also, won't allow me to date you once they find out, they could even hurt you if you looked like a burden to them. And I don't want this to happen, because you're not a burden to me and I don't want to see you broken from them. Ahh, I wish you could hear me so you could tell me if you can do this. Staying away from me for a long time and keeping our relationship a secret. I'm able to do this, if you ask. Because I love you and-"

"I don't think we can do this." Ha Ri cut him off guard and turned around to face him. She had that blank expression back to her face. Ha Ri's words fell like heavy rocks inside him. "What?" Yoongi muttered heartbroken.

"I said...I don't think we can do this." She repeated with the same expression. Yoongi sat up confused and stared the his lap. "Do you...not want this?" He asked with a broken voice. Ha Ri sat up as well with a sigh and stared at him. "It's not that I don't want to. It's just that it will hurt us more. A breakup looks like the least painful solution in this problem. You can't pick between your career and me. But I can."

Yoongi tried to calm his breathing. What had happened to her that made her think this way? She sounded so mature and even though what she said was right, she decided with logic and not with the her feelings, something that was wrong in Yoongi's eyes. "Ha Ri, don't do this. I don't have to pick between you two. I can have you both. I love you and I don't want to leave you but that doesn't mean that I have to stop doing what I love."

"You can say whatever you want, but you know what is right to do. And you better think about it and do it as soon as possible because i'm ready for a decision like this." And with that she lied back down. Yoongi frowned. How could she stop such a conversation? "Yah, don't avoid this." He said loudly and pulled her back up. "We have to solve this okay?"

Ha Ri rolled her eyes and pretended to be listening. "I'm not going to break up with you." Yoongi continued and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Well I am going to since you don't leave me another choice." 

"I know that this is not Ha Ri talking, because the Ha Ri I fell in love with would never say something like this."

"That just adds another reason of why we should break up then."

Yoongi froze. He stared at her but this time with those wide eyes that had been searching for the truth in hers. He was sure, no he knew, that this was not what Ha Ri wanted. But he couldn't understand what made her say that. Was it because today was not a good day for her and this whole conversation didn't make any sense? Because that was the only explanation he could think of. He stood up after a sigh and gazed at her. How her lips would shake slowly when she was stressed, just like now. How she would always stare in his eyes and she would instantly know what he was thinking, just like now. How she would act more mature, when she knew she was in pain, just like now.

"Go. Isn't this what you want? Just go."

This wasn't my intention. But you don't leave me another choice.

***

She was steps away from that door. When her fist decided to knock, she always hesitated. Ha Ri sighed and turned to leave when suddenly the door opened revealing Taehyung. "Oh, Ha Ri-ah. Are you here for Yoongi hyung? He's at the studio right now." Taehyung said. Ha Ri nodded and showed him a small smile. "That's okay. Thank you." She whispered and was about to leave when Taehyung stopped her. "Do you have five minutes for me?" He asked in a serious tone. 

"Ah...eh sure." She said and stood there. Taehyung smiled and after he put on his shoes he walked beside her until they got to the nearest park. They didn't say anything to the way there. Actually Ha Ri didn't even know what Taehyung wanted to say to her but she had a bad feeling. 

"Listen, I know what happened. And I can actually relate to you. I mean, I understand what you mean. Breaking up with him is the best solution. And I think that you should be the one who has to do it because there's no way hyung would ever break up with you." He explained and sat on a bench. Ha Ri sat beside him while staring at the ground and nodding. 

"The problem is that he can't pick between you and his career. And yes, he doesn't have to pick but it will be extra difficult for the both of you to maintain this relationship. Especially keep it a secret for your own physical and mental sake. What I'm saying is... please do it. I know he loves you and of course you love him too but-"

"I know." Ha Ri said and stood up. "I didn't need you or anyone else to tell me what is right for me to do. I've thought about it and yes, I am going to break up with him. And not because you told me to. But because I want him to pick his career instead of me. And I also know that if I tell him this, he wouldn't let go of me. That's why I'm going to lie.

"I'm going to lie to him for his own sake. So please don't get involved in this or tell the others about it."


 

A/N: Hello! What do you guys think about this new chapter??

Please let me know in the comments below also subscribe and up vote if you haven't already!!

See you soon,

Fox