A Different Ending

Log In

A/N: This is a different angst ending for those who weren't satisfied with the normal end of this story. If you aren't one of them, you don't need to read it.


 

"Bye." Was all Yoongi said and was about to walk away. 

Can't you just see that I'm lying? Don't leave me.

"Thank you for telling me the truth though."

This is not the truth. Why are you consuming the pain if you can't handle it? 

Ha Ri sat there on the bench as she stared at Yoongi's figure slowly fading away until he disappeared from her view completely. It was late. Too late. 

She had no idea how long she had been siting there but what made her realise the time was when she saw the sun setting. She touched her cheek. Wet. She touched her lips. Cold. She didn't even get her jacket when she followed Yoongi on the park. She didn't even eat before school. And now, it was dark. However, she couldn't pick up her legs and leave. She felt like something was holding her on the bench, like an invisible glue. She kept hearing her phone ringing multiple times but she didn't have the strength to talk to anyone even if that included her own mother. She just wanted to disappear. Or turn back time. Back to when she used to talk to Yoongi. Before they even met. To refuse his suggestion to meet him. In fact if she could do it, she would turn back time before she even signed up for this stupid music promotion website to prevent all this from happening. Because not only did she hurt the only person she had ever loved. But also herself. 

 

Her life had changed ever since that day at the park. Ha Ri couldn't be satisfied with anything. And the things that could once make her happy and build the excitement inside of her, was now a fade memory of who she used to be. She had no dreams anymore. No goals. No ambition. In other words, she was just a living corpse walking around on the land of living.

 "Ha Ri-ah..." Wonwoo whispered next to her ear as he sat next to her in class. Ha Ri ignored him and kept doodling on her notebook making Wonwoo repeat himself. "What do you want?" She asked uninterested and didn't even bother to glance at him. "I have good news for you." He finally stated with a smile. Ha Ri turned to look at him suspiciously. "Why do I feel like those good news will only satisfy you?" There are no good news. Nothing good anymore. "A friend of mine got a job at an instrument shop." Was all he said after he ignored her sarcastic question.

"Good for him." Ha Ri whispered with her uninterested tone and focused back on drawing her little butterfly. "No, that's not what I meant. He let us visit after school and play the piano. Isn't that amazing? How long has it been since you last played?" He explained and was now staring at her. Is it like a year...?  The last time was with Yoo-

"I'm not interested." She replied coldly at the thought of touching a piano again. She didn't want to play ever again if that meant she would remember of him. She'd rather forget how to play though it was something she once loved doing. Everything that could trigger her should be avoided at any cost and Ha Ri was 100% sure she would start crying if she even entered that shop. "What why? Do you know how long it took me to persuade him? Yah, stop being so selfish for once! I did this for you yet you decline the offer." Wonwoo complained earning a glare from the teacher. 

"I never asked you to do something like this for me. So it's your problem." Ha Ri muttered as she focused on her notebook. "I'm only trying to help you okay? I'm trying to push you to move on and get over this stupid attitude. I know that you're melancholic but when do you think you will stop feeling like this if you don't even try?" Wonwoo was now talking normally with his deep voice getting everyone's attention while he had fixed his eyes on her ignoring the other's stares and how confused they were. "Why are you being like this? You're only hurting yourself you know that? Do you think that he will show up and ask for explanation? Or that he will call out of the blue and ask if you're okay? He moved on. He debuted and is now living a happy life focusing on his dream while you're sitting here feeling sorry for yourself. Honestly? I don't even understand how you don't see that there are some people who care about you more than he ever did. Aish, you are so stupid yet i still love you." With all that he finished with an angry tone and got out of the class with his bag on his shoulder. Ha Ri stared at the door shocked as the classroom was trying to find an explanation. 

"Min Ha Ri, would you mind if you followed him just to make sure he's okay? School is ending in ten minutes and I'm letting you off sooner than normal. Though I have no idea what all this is about, I'm sure you do." The teacher said after he checked the time. Ha Ri nodded and messily packed her backbag then run after him immediately. 

"Jeon Wonwoo!" Ha Ri yelled when she saw him walking to the main door. Wonwoo ignored her and got out and after a sigh she run to him. "Wonwoo!" She yelled again and pulled his arm to stop him. He turned around and stared at her with his familiar blank expression.

"Let's just go to the instrument shop okay?"

 

 

"Here, hyung." Jimin stated with a small voice and put the notebook in front of him. Yoongi frowned and stared at the notebook confused then at Jimin who was standing at the other side of the table. "What is this?" He asked and started flipping the blank pages.

"It's something I randomly found. I think it's for you." He explained and walked to the hallway leaving Yoongi alone to deal with the notebook he had never seen before. Yoongi sighed and was about to put it away and continue with where he was left when he noticed a page with a half finished butterfly. He raised his eyebrow and turned the page only to come across a long text. 

Will you stop time if this moment passes. As though it hadn't happened. I'm still scared. Scared I'll lose you. You're just like a butterfly. From afar i steal glances; if we touch hands, will I lose you again? You shine in this pitch darkness that is the butterfly effect. Your light touches, I forget the reality for once. Will you stay by my side? Will you promise me? if I let go of your hand, you'll fly away. I'm still scared. Scared of that. Like a butterfly. 

Yoongi's eyes widened at those lyrics and tried to understand what was this notebook and who was the owner. He then noticed some notes at the end going along with the lyrics and an idea came to him. He needed to play this song. He needed to know what was the meaning of this by listening to it. He stood up immediately and after putting on his shoes and taking the notebook with him he left the dorms and walked outside.

 

 "Where did my notebook go?" Ha Ri muttered at no one in particular and kept searching for it in her backbag. "Why do you need it so badly?" Wonwoo asked who was leaning against the piano staring at the frustrated girl who was still searching for her long lost belongings. "I wrote a new song and this is a good chance to try and see how it sounds." She stated not even bothering to look up at him. Wonwoo sighed and excused himself after some minutes when he was greeted by someone. Ha Ri guessed it was that friend of him Wonwoo was talking about. She was also sure that she would meet him too sooner or later something that she couldn't really avoid. Fortunately, his friend looked like he was busy behind the counter and Wonwoo had to go there to talk as a result of staying alone trying to deal with her situation.

"Did i drop it somewhere or something?" She kept muttering and gazed around at the shop's floor for any sign of her notebook and her eyes widened when she saw it lying on an piano at the other side of the store. She took a sigh of relief and immediately stood up to take it back. "There you are!" She happily stated and took it in her hands then stared at the cover of it with a smile plastered on her face. "H..Ha Ri-ah...?" A voice sounded from somewhere close to her and she had completely forgotten someone else was using this specific piano. She looked up and bowed apologising when she froze at her spot.

It was... him.

She couldn't say anything as they were staring at each other for more than two minutes. Then he broke the silence. "Ha Ri-ah, nice to see you here..." He said with a shaking voice and kept staring straight at her eyes not wanting to miss any single thing of this moment. "Uh yeah..." Was all she said and avoided his gaze. "Is this yours?" He suddenly asked and pointed at the notebook. Ha Ri was brought back to reality and she flipped the pages just to make sure it was hers, but her butterfly and lyrics weren't there so she put it back on the piano. "I thought it was but...yeah not mine." She stated and gazed around trying to leave. "That's weird. Jimin found this notebook somewhere and he gave it to me. Some good stuff were there so I'm just doing a research now." Yoongi continued trying to make her stay a bit longer.

"That's nice to hear." She replied and faked a smile then turned to the sound of her name. "Ha Ri-ah!" Wonwoo said loudly and motioned for her to come. She nodded then turned to Yoongi who was staring at Wonwoo sadly. "I see...you're dating." Yoongi muttered loud enough for her to hear. Ha Ri's eyes widened as she felt her heart breaking into million pieces. "We are not-"

"It's not my business okay." Yoongi stated and stared at the piano. Don't say anything. It will hurt him more. "I have to go. I'd love to stay longer to talk but I'm here for a business. It was nice seeing you. Eat well and dress warmly arasseo?" With that she left leaving Yoongi alone in his misery. 

Ha Ri walked to Wonwoo with teary eyes and pulled him out of the shop immediately. "Woah, what's up with you?" He asked in a worried tone and tried to calm her who was now crying quietly. "He's inside." She whispered and took a deep breath. Wonwoo glanced though the glass walls and saw Yoongi staring at his lap. "Did you talk to him? Do you want me to do something?" He asked and bit his lip. Ha Ri shook her head and tried to clean . "Let's just go."

 

Yoongi stared at his lap as tears were begging to escape his eyes. He held them back and took a deep breath then unfolded the papers he had with him. He put them in front of him and after a second he started playing the notes that were written on the paper. He could finally hear the song a stranger had written. That song would be his next hit, it just needed some fixing here and there. He would never know who the owner of this song was, what he knew was that whatever this song was truly about, he would give it a meaning and would keep it in his heart along with the person he used to cherish the most. 

Will you stop time if this moment passes? As though it hadn't happened. I'm still scared. Scared I'll lose you.

But when I turned around to face you, you were long lost. 


 

A/N: Hello guys. 

I want to deeply apologise for the late reply but this was because I was in the hospital and I finished this there as well. I just didn't have wifi to post it. Please forgive me. I'm now healthy and back home so thank you for your patience and your support. 

It finally ended I'm so sad about it because I could write it all over if I could! Please tell me what you think about it!

About the Jimin fic, the other admin of this account will post it soon so stay tuned to our wall it's going to be posted soon! Comment below if you want me to notify you when it's going to be published.

Thank you again and I love you and congrats, you stayed with me till the very end.

Forever yours,

Fox