The Meeting

Log In

Yoongi smiled and let out a giggle. 

He had never been that happy before. 

Ha Ri ended the call and sighed loudly. There was this huge burden in her lungs and she felt like something was going wrong. She didn't know what it was though. 

When your heart says X, you hesitate and say O.

And when your heart says O, you hesitate and say X.

And that is because we don't know our own hearts either.

She bit her lip and frowned. She could do this. And even though she wasn't sure if she wanted this as much as Yoongi, what she knew, was that regretting it later was not a good idea. 

***

"Hyung? What happened? Why are you smiling like a dork?" Jungkook asked his hyung confused when Yoongi came back and lied on the couch happily. Jungkook noticed that his hyung couldn't hear him, he was day dreaming and was now far away from reality. 

Yoongi unlocked his phone screen and saw that Ha Ri was online which meant that she got home. 

Y: Hello! Did you just get home?

But Ha Ri didn't reply to him. She didn't even read the message. Yoongi frowned and bit his lip hoping he didn't do something wrong.

***

Ha Ri entered her room and threw her bag on the floor then lied on her bed exhausted. She sighed deeply and held back the tears that were begging to escape. Her phone buzzed meaning she had just gotten a text but when she saw it was Yoongi, she decided not to open it. She felt embarrassed. She didn't want to talk to him right now.

After an hour, her phone started ringing and saw the caller ID. It was Seulbi.  She slided the green button and put the phone on her ear. "Hey." She said almost whispering. "Hai! Ha Ri-ah, are you getting ready for the big night?" Seulbi asked excitedly.

"No. Not really. Seulbi, what am I going to do? I don't want to go. I'm so scared." Ha Ri replied and closed her notebook. Seulbi sighed from the phone and took a moment to think. "Listen, everything is going to be okay. I will be there for you so there's no reason to feel scared. We will be in a public place so even if he's an old e man, it won't be difficult to run away. Now, if he's really the person he says he is, it will be a little awkward at first but I can promise you it will get better once you start talking."

Ha Ri sighed deeply which made Seulbi call her name loudly to wake her up. "I thought you really wanted this. Why are you acting like a chicken now?" (That was offensive. I have no problem with chickens). 

"I do want this...I just...I have a huge feeling that this is going to be disappointing and I don't want this to make him stop talking to me. I don't want to ruin this thing we have. Even though, this thing has no name. I feel like the closer we get to meeting each other, the closer we get to falling apart.."

***

 Yoongi walked down the same street to the same bus station but in a completely different mood. He couldn't hold back that loving smile he had plastered on his face. Actually, that was the first time he remember himself being so happy. He waited under the bus stop as he kept checking his phone once in a while to make sure he didn't get a text from Ha Ri. He would call her anyway once he got to the cafeteria but he didn't want to show her he was that impatient. Though she already knew that. 

"...and remember don't leave until I say so. And even if you leave, don't leave completely okay? Just hide behind the park or something or wait for me outside. I don't want to go back home alone. You can even sit inside the cafe but away from us. And don't forget to have your phone-"

"Ha Ri! Stop it already, my head hurts. I won't leave you alone now stop giving so many details." Seulbi complained which made Ha Ri frown.They kept walking to the cafeteria without talking to each other. This pause of them made Ha Ri less stressed so she didn't complain about it. She also realised that the less she thought about it being a huge deal the better it was. She just had to persuade herself that meeting him wasn't that important. 

Her phone ringing made her blood freeze. She stopped walking and after some seconds of comprehending what was going on, she picked it up knowing it was Yoongi. "Hey. Just got there. Where are you?"

"I'm on my...I mean we are on our way. Just give us 5 minutes." She replied while shaking. She could feel Yoongi smiling at the other side of the phone. "Okay. I'll get a table for the three of us. Come inside once you get here. See you." Was all he said and hanged up. 

"What did he say?" Seulbi asked curiously and Ha Ri ended the call. "He said that he will get a table for the three of us."

"Does that mean that I'm going to sit with you?"

"I have no idea."

"Oh, we are here." Seulbi said and pointed at the cafeteria which was steps away from them. Ha Ri was definitely not okay right now. Seulbi realised and held her hand tightly. "Ha Ri-ah. Don't be so stressed. It will be okay." Ha Ri smiled a cold one and nodded. "Thank you, Seulbi. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Let's go, baby." Seulbi whispered and smiled. They walked inside the cafe and they both gazed around trying to spot him. Though it was hard to realise who he was from just two pictures Ha Ri had ever seen of him, she saw that blonde guy sitting next to the window enjoying his vanilla latte. Vanilla Latte?! That was Yoongi's favorite. 

"How are we goin-" "Found him." Ha Ri cut Seulbi off and without another word she walked towards him leaving Seulbi completely shocked. "She was shaking to death a couple of seconds ago..." She murmured and followed her. 

Ha Ri stood in front of him and Yoongi noticed the sudden presence and raised his head to see who it was. "Ha Ri-ah...?" He asked curiously. Ha Ri extended her hand while smiling. "Yoongi. Hi." Was all she said as she waited his hand to collide with hers with a small smile on her face. Yoongi had now a pink color on his cheeks and instead of doing the handshake, he stood up and hugged her tightly leaving her frozen. Ha Ri's eyes widened to the sudden reaction of his and before she could even hug him back, he had already pulled away not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Hey." He almost whispered and smiled embarrassed. They were standing in front of the table for exactly one minute before Yoongi offered her a seat. "Ah, let me introduce you to-" Ha Ri was about to say and turned around but Seulbi was nowhere to be found. She frowned confused but Yoongi's giggle brought her back to reality. She turned to look at him frustrated. "She left." He said and sat opposite to her. 

"What would you like to drink?" He asked and stared at her while she was reading the menu. "Ah...I'll just get a cappuccino." She announced and put the menu next to her. She glanced at him and noticed that he was staring but pretended not to see. Yoongi nodded and smiled and ordered one. "So, how are you?" 

"I'm okay, I guess." Ha Ri replied awkwardly and cleared the dust out of . She was now deep red from awkwardness.

***

"...but yeah you should definitely meet them one day." Yoongi finished and smiled widely. Ha Ri nodded and noticed that there was no coffee on her mug. She sulked and sighed. Yoongi was staring at her. Trying to memorise her body language. Her common words. The way she said things. They way she looked with those big eyes whenever she was talking about something enthusiastic. So he could keep those little things of her to take home with him. Something to think of before sleeping. 

"Ha Ri-ah...you're so beautiful." He blurted out and bit his lip in embarrassement. Ha Ri was red again and whispered a thank you then avoided his gaze. "Would you-" Yoongi was cut off by her phone. Ha Ri excused herself and accepted the call. 

"Yah! Ha Ri! When are you coming? It's been two whole hours and your mum has called me so many times asking me why you arent replying to her texts! She's starting to get impatient so get back here before she knocks on my door or something." Seulbi said angrily. "Oh okay. Don't worry about it. I'm on my way." She said and ended the call. 

Yoongi's expression fell as he realised that their meeting came to its end.  "Sorry about that, but something came up and I have to leave. " She said and after putting the money on the table she stood up and put on her jacket. "Wait. Keep the money. It was my pleasure." He said and gave her the money back. 

"No, I'll just pay for my coffee."

"Ha Ri-ah, it was my treat, really."

"Will you take the money if you walk me home? It's not far from here."


 

A/N: hey guys! What do you think about the story so far? Please subscribe and let me know in the comments! It gives me courage to update sooner!