Too late

Log In

Don't text him. Just fall asleep already. He's not going to reply anyways. He's busy. I bet he has already forgotten about me.

Ha Ri kept having those thoughts as a result of not getting any sleep the passing night. "Ha Ri-ah. Why don't you just go home? You look really tired." Wonwoo stated in a worried tone when he saw his best friend growling in annoyance in the middle of class. "I can't leave. We only have three hours more." Ha Ri complained and let her head fall on the small nest she had created with her arms on her desk. "Why don't you excuse yourself then and go to the nursery room to sleep for at least an hour? I'm sure Mrs Lee won't have a problem." Wonwoo thought of another idea but Ha Ri kept complaining with the same excuse.

"Well why don't you-" Wonwoo was about to whisper to her but Mrs Lee cut him off mid sentence. "Jeon Wonwoo! Is there something you want to share with us? I'm sure not only Min Ha Ri would like to hear this." She said and waited for Wonwoo's explanation. "Don't worry, Mrs, I don't want to hear this either." Ha Ri commented and sat up in a normal position staring at the chalkboard with those huge puffy eyes that screamed sleepless from afar. The whole class started laughing at her sudden remark but Mrs Lee looked more disappointed with her than Wonwoo who had caused this mess on the first place.

"This is my last warning to both of you. Don't make me throw you out of the class five minutes before you're dismissed." Was all Mrs Lee said before she caught up with wherever she was left not that Ha Ri or Wonwoo paid any attention to her. Wonwoo sighed and sat there quietly while Ha Ri was secretly observing him. There was something about him today that made him look...well, radiant. She didn't know what it was though, since his hair looked the same, he had the same bored expression on his face like always but what caught Ha Ri's attention instantly was that black thin choker he was wearing. She had never seen Wonwoo wearing this before, actually she had never seen him wearing any type of jewellery apart from that ring, which when she asked him about it he had explained that it was something special to him.  

She frowned slightly when suddenly her gaze met his own and froze for a second, which looked like ages to her. Wonwoo showed her a small smirk meaning that he had noticed she was staring at him all along. Damn.

***

She walked down the same road. Same streets. Same houses. Same thoughts all over again. 

"I'll tell him, you never came. Don't talk to him first. Let it be like this until he says something. So you can have a small glimpse of how your relationship will be." 

Taehyung's words kept repeating theirselves in Ha Ri's mind. Ha Ri had slowly started realising what he meant with this. Yoongi hadn't talked to her for two whole days and a couple of hours yet Ha Ri felt so lonely, so sad, so desperate to see his puppy eyes again. But she couldn't break now. She didn't want to break. They would either get through this with a stronger bonding or one of them wouldn't make it to the end.

She entered the house and took off her shoes. "Hey, how was school?" Her mum asked from the kitchen when she saw her, she was busy cutting some vegetables. "It was boring as always." Ha Ri commented and her mum smiled to no one in particular. Like mother like daughter. "Honey, can I ask you something?" She asked stopping Ha Ri from going upstairs. Ha Ri nodded and after putting her bag down, she took off her jacket and put in on the couch too bored to tide this up. "Are you and Yoongi...not together anymore?" She asked with a small voice trying not to annoy her. 

Ha Ri just stood there with the cold expression she had adopted those last days. "Mum, it doesn't concern you. Please stay out of this." Was all she said before she got to her room. Her mum sighed when suddenly she heard a noise from the living room, guessing it was her phone. She quietly searched her jacket when her fingers came across the cold screen. She pulled it and tried to find what could probably make this sound when she saw that her daughter had just gotten a text from someone. She opened it and her expression instantly fell.

Yah, Ha Ri-ah, can I invite myself for lunch to your house one day?

She kept reading the text message from the person who was added in her contact list as 'Wonwoo'. Who was this guy and what did he want from her? Why hasn't she said anything to her own mother? 

"Mum? What are you doing?" Ha Ri said when she got downstairs. Her mum turned around still holding her phone with no explanation. Ha Ri frowned and grabbed her phone from her hands instantly. "What are you doing? You know you have no right to touch my phone?" 

"It made a noise and-" Ha Ri stopped her with a hand when her phone started ringing and had to pick it up. "Hey.." She said shortly and walked outside to talk leaving her mum staring at her suspiciously. She closed the door behind her and sat on the doorstep. "What is it?" 

"I just missed you." The owner of the deep voice said in a desperate tone and Ha Ri scoffed. "We saw each other half an hour ago?" She giggled and she heard the so familiar sigh from the other line. "Anywas, what are you doing now?"

"I'm siting on my doorstep mad at my mum because she read the message you sent earlier. She basically took my phone without my permission so...yeah." Ha Ri explained with a frown. "Ah i see. Thankfully, I didn't send you anything weird."

"Weird? Like what?" She asked curiously. "I don't know...something erted or similar things..." Ha Ri started laughing at him while he was trying to draw her attention. "Yah stop it!"

Ha Ri eventually stopped laughing when she saw a figure standing not far from her. She slowly raised her head only to come across him. He was standing there. Staring at her with those expressionless eyes that could either show pain and sadness or anger and hate. She didn't know which one was worse. And she didn't want to know either. "Can we talk?" He eventually asked, his voice had the same feeling. Ha Ri bit her lip not really knowing what to do. She kind of wanted to run away but something inside her just wanted to burst into tears and hug him tightly. Though she knew what she had to. She hadn't prepared her words for nothing.

"Wonwoo, something came up. I'll call you later." She said to the phone and ended the call not waiting to hear his answer. She, then, stood up and stared at him with the same expression. "I'm available." She muttered.

Yoongi took her wrist and pulled her with him. Ha Ri just left a sigh and let him guide her wherever he wanted. She knew she couldn't avoid him forever. He only stopped walking when they got to the nearest park and sat on a bench forcing her to sit down with him. "So what? Are you two dating now?" Yoongi asked with a cracking voice, it sounded like he had been screaming before he came.

"Yoongi, let's break up." Ha Ri stated coldly. She had been repeating those words for two days now and she knew exactly what to say, though she kept avoiding his gaze. Otherwise, he would notice that this decision was not her choice. She just wanted him to keep working on his dream and stop caring about her. "Here it is again. You have been talking about it for a week but you never gave me a full explanation! How am I supposed to just let go of you without even giving me a reason?"

"There's someone else..." She lied. She stared at the ground and bit her lip. That was her plan all along anyways. If she told him the truth, he would never let go and he would never focus on his career. But with this explanation, he would only be in pain yet this would heal with time. "I'm breaking up with you...because I like someone else." She repeated with more confidence. Ha Ri glanced at him and she saw it. The darkness which was now covering his eyes and didn't let him see clearly. 

"Is it this...Wonwoo guy?" He asked more like whispered as he was now staring at the ground hoping the earth would swallow him whole and he would stop feeling this thing that now ate him inside. Ha Ri nodded and that was the last rock that fell into his stomach. Babo, how can you not see I've been lying all along?

"O-Okay, then. Thank you for your time." Yoongi answered and stood up holding back his tears. Why did it hurt so freaking much? How can you say that when you know I love you? Don't let go of me so easily. Just say that you know I'm lying.

"Bye." He said and was about to walk away.

"Yoongi! I'm lying! Breaking up with you was not my choice! I just thought that if I wasn't around you would have more time with your work and you would be able to make your dream come true. I don't want to be a burden but lying to you only makes things worse. Please, don't leave me. I love you. Can't you just see that I'm lying? Why did you believe me? Was it because you were already suspicious of my friendship with Wonwoo? I never stopped loving you. Not even once. And this whole situation, just makes me love you even more...how can you just leave me like this?"

But it was late. Too late.


 

A/N: Hello, just wanted to announce that there's only one or two chapters left to write! It depends on how the plot will go. 

Please let me know in the comments below if there's something you want to see more if I missed anything, or in general talk to me about the story.

Also subscribe :) it would really mean a lot to me! 

I'll see you guys soon,

Fox