Support

Momentary Happiness

The sound of Krystal's phone woke her up suddenly. She attempted to read the ID of the caller but her eyes weren't adjusting so she just answered the phone.

"Miss Jung? This is Mr Park's manager. I understand your relationship with Mr Park isn't the best at the moment, but-"

"You want me to go on aarrow-10x10.png date with him?" Krystal finished the man's sentence.

"Exactly. If you could, please wear something blue; preferably a dress." Krystal's mouth hung open, dumbfounded.

"Look Mr..."

"Byun."

"Mr Byun. I did not agree to this 'thing' just so you could tell me what to wear. And plus, I don't own any dresses."

"Please, Miss Jung. We are only trying to make this as believable as possible. Your co-operation would make this a lot easier for Mr Park's agency and I," he sighed, slightly annoyed. "The plan is to meet Mr Park at Gangnam at 4pm, at the coffee shop you met at earlier this week. Please be as punctual as possible and-"

"One question. Why did Chanyeol not tell me himself?"

"He has agreed to comply to your wishes of having nothing to do with him apart from his 'little drama'," Mr Byun explained.

Krystal sighed, "Tell Chanyeol I'll see him then." Just as she hung up, Krystal realised she wasn't in her apartment. After looking around for a bit, she finally understood that she was still in Kyungsoo's apartment. 

"You're awake, Krystal!" Jongin said as he walked into the living room. "Kyungsoo had to leave to do something, but I'm here to accompany you!"

"Jongin, right? Do you happen to know any place where I can get casual dresses? I don't have any and my sister's are too feminine."

"I think I've got a few," he nodded. Krystal wasn't sure how to respond to that but he continued his sentence. "My exarrow-10x10.png left her dresses here but never collected them, even after we broke up. Come have a look!" Jongin led her to his room and exposed his cupboard, where within the countless number of shirts, jeans and dress pants were four dresses. He pulled allarrow-10x10.png of them out and to Krystal's surprise, they were roughly her size. The only problem was that there was only one blue dress and it was quite revealing. The sleeves were off-shouldered and the dress barely covered her . "Try it on! I think it'd look good on you," Jongin egged Krystal on.

"I-I don't know, it's not my type of dress. Plus, it's pretty cold today..."

"It'd suit you very well and the coat you wore last night would match perfectly with this. Just wear it; you don't have that many options, right?" Krystal hesitantly grabbed the dress and headed for the bathroom to change.

The dress made her feel . There was so much skin showing, she didn't feel comfortable in it at all. Despite Jongin approving, she wasn't confident in it. Jongin said he needed to make a quick phone call but pleaded Krystal to keep the dress on for a bit longer. She agreed, but moaned. He walked into a different to make the call then ran back to her after a minute or two. It took her too long to realise that Jongin had video-called Kyungsoo and decided to show off a rare moment in Krystal's life.

"Wow, who knew you'd look so nice in aarrow-10x10.png dress," Kyungsoo muttered.

"Jongin, why'd you do this? I never did anything to deserve this..." Krystal pouted. Jongin switched the camera and passed it to Krystal. "This is so embarrassing," she said as she received the phone.

"Relax, you look fine. Are you going to meet Chanyeol later?" Kyungsoo's expression changed to a more disappointed one.

"Yeah, and his stupid manager is making me wear a dress."

"So you chose the most revealing one you could find?" he chuckled.

"I couldn't help it! I didn't have any dresses. This is actually Jongin's ex'sarrow-10x10.png," she exclaimed but broke into a laugh. Kyungsoo laughed with her.

"You should get your makeup done as well since photographers will be swarming the place. However, I don't think you need any makeup. You look pretty just as-is," he smiled gently. Krystal felt her heart skip a beat.

"N-now's not the time to be flirting with me, Kyungsoo!"

"Why not?" Kyungsoo smirked. "I'm only joking. Just go have fun like you usually do."

"I would, but I can't look at him the same way anymore. He told me something I shouldn't have known about." Kyungsoo remained quiet for a few seconds before speaking again.

Allarrow-10x10.png you have to do is act in front of everyone. They only see how you are on the outside so your heart doesn't have to be there." He paused. "I have to go now, but don't worry about it too much. If anyone's got to wear a dress like that, it's going to be you." He waved goodbye and hung up. Krystal checked the time then returned Jongin's phone. 

"Thanks for that, Jongin."

"No problem, but you should be really thanking Kyungsoo. Now go have fun!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Gangnam Coffee Shop- 3:50pm

Krystal stood by the entrance of the coffee shop and waited patiently. It was a chilly afternoon, though thankfully, it wasn't going to rain today. Since she was slightly early, she decided to purchase a drink for Chanyeol as well. She couldn't remember what he drank the other day but decided to order two cappuccino's on-the-go; the other one for her, of course. By the time the order was ready, it was already 4:15 and Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen. She attempted to call Chanyeol five times before she came to the conclusion that he wasn't going to answer. Another half-an-hour passed and he still did not show up; the coffees were already cold in her hands. Krystal wondered whether this was just a scheme to humiliate her in front of everyone who recognised her. She waited for another fifteen minutes before she called a different number.

"Kyungsoo? Are you busy now?"