Surprise

Momentary Happiness

Krystal froze. She didn't want Kyungsoo, a guy she'd just met, know where she lived so she lied. "No, it's alright. Since I live in Hongdae it'd be very incovenient for you so don't worry about it." From the corner of her eye she saw Jessica appear. Deep down, she was hoping her sister didn't see her, but knowing how good Jessica's eyesight was, it was unlikely.

Kyungsoo smiled kindly and said, "It's not safe for girls to be walking around alone; especially since it's getting dark." He was just about to reach for Krystal's hand to drag her along but a familiar voice shouted.

"Krystal!" Jessica screamed from the front of their apartment block. "That's not the guy you were aiming for, who is he?"

"A friend," Krystal yelled back.

"Well, hurry up and come in I need you to clean up your crap in the living room." Jessica took a big breath. "A guy's coming over later." Krystal sighed and waved at her sister, dismissing her. She and Kyungsoo watched as Jessica walked through the front doors of their apartment building.

Kyungsoo turned back to Krystal and snickered. "Hongdae, did you say?" Krystal was too embarrassed to look him in the eye. "If you're bored of being holed up in your room, I live on the seventh floor; second door on the right," he said before heading back. Krystal counted to twenty before following so they wouldn't be stuck in the elevator together.

When she opened the door to her apartment, she was greeted by the smell of fried food. On the kitchen counter was a plate of freshly fried chicken and two chilled bottles of beer. Krystal was about to grab herself a piece of golden goodness when Jessica slapped her hand. "Can you eat out? This is really important," her sister begged. Krystal was about to protest but remembered how many times her sister had helped her out with boys. She silently agreed and began to walk out when she was stopped. "Can you clean up your mess, too?"

She didn't understand how, but Krystal ended up in front of Kyunsoo's front door. She reached for the doorbell but was startled by the door opening, letting out a small squeal as she moved out of the way. A man walked out and noticed a frightened Krystal standing behind the door.

"Can I help you?" he asked suspiciously. Krystal was almost too stunned by the man's good looks to answer.

"D-does Kyungsoo Do live here?" she managed to get out.

The man's expression changed completely as he replied, "I'm guessing you're Krystal. Kyungsoo-hyung is taking a shower but go in and make yourself comfortable." The man smiled brightly and left. Krystal awkwardly let herself in and sat down in the living room. The apartment was completely silent with only the sound of water running in another room when someone- whom Krystal believed to be Kyungsoo- began singing. His voice was flowing as smooth as the water and was especially nice to listen to. The water stopped but the singing continued up until he came out of the bathroom. Krystal looked in the direction of Kyungsoo, only to find him with only a towel covering his hip down. She screamed and turned away, her face beginning to go red.

"Oh, Krystal. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were here. Did Jongin let you in?" Kyungsoo asked as if nothing happened.

"Y-yes," she answered firmly, assuming the man from before was Jongin. Kyungsoo appeared in front of Krystal with two glasses of water, now fully clothed. He handed her a glass and sat down beside her. 

"Have you had dinner?" Krystal shook her head. 

She pointed to Kyungsoo's hair which was still dripping wet and said, "you should dry it or you might catch a cold."

"I don't normally dry it anyway," he replied. "What do you want to eat then?" Krystal grabbed the towel that was draping over his neck and began drying his hair.

"I'm up for anything," she shrugged. 

"Pizza it is!" Kyungsoo exclaimed. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and called a delivery service. "What pizza do you want?"

"Anything with meat is good."

"I like your style," he smiled. Kyungsoo ordered one regular pepperoni pizza and one Hawaiian pizza with a side of garlic bread. Krystal thought it was too much but then she remembered that she and Jessica ate four pizzas between the two of them once. "Thanks," Kyungsoo said as Krystal draped the towel over his neck again. She smiled in return. There was a bit of silence before Krystal opened to say something.

"Are you gay?" she blurted out before realising that was the worst question she could've asked anyone. Kyungsoo's expression changed. He leaned closer to Krystal so she could feel his breath on her face. He then slowly proceeded to whisper in her ear.

"Why don't we find out?" Before Kyungsoo could do anything his phone rang. "Great timing," he said under his breath as he got up to answer it. He apologised to Krystal then went into another room to answer the call. Her heart was about to explode in her chest. That was more than unexpected, especially since they had just met. At that moment the doorbell rang. Krystal went to get the door when Kyungsoo came out of the room and beat her to it. Surprisingly, the pizza had arrived. Krystal thought it would've taken longer for the pizzas arrive but didn't complain as her stomach was beginning to grumble. Kyungsoo placed the two pizzas and garlic bread on the coffee table in front of Krystal and took a seat. As if nothing had happened, he exclaimed, "I'm so hungry!"

"So am I," Krystal replied nervously and grabbed a slice of the pepperoni pizza. "This is so good!" she said as she took a bite of it. In the tense atmosphere, Krystal's phone began to ring. She pulled it out of her pocket and saw a contact she didn't remember having: Umbrella Man. "Sorry, can I...?" Kyungsoo nodded. "Hello?"

"Don't say my name out loud," a familiar deep voice instructed. "Where are you? Are you at Kyungsoo's place?"

"Huh? Yeah, why?"

"I'm coming over. Text me which floor it is and don't tell him I'm coming, okay?" Krystal agreed and hung up.

"Who was it?" Kyungsoo asked, eyes wide open.

"O-oh, a stranger lent me his umbrella so he was just asking whether he could come get it tomorrow." Krystal was almost laughing at how good a story that was. She quickly texted Chanyeol the details and sat back down on the couch. 

"Look Krystal, there's something I need to tell you," Kyungsoo began, putting his hand on her knee. "He probably doesn't want you to know this, but-"

 Someone knocked on the door. He sighed and stood up to get it. The moment he unlocked the door Chanyeol burst through. "Krystal, let's go."