Promises

Momentary Happiness

Krystal stared Chanyeol dead in the eye. "You're scaring me, man," she chuckled nervously. "Seriously, what's wrong?" Chanyeol sighed and shook his head.

"It's nothing. Just wanted to let you know, if you didn't already," he smiled. Krystal decided not to press on the matter but remained worried. "So what'd you bring?"

"O-oh, just some snacks and street food." Krystal sat down beside Chanyeol's bed and put the plastic bags on his bedside table. "Are you really hungry?" Chanyeol's stomach grumbled abruptly.

"I've been hungry ever since I woke up...which was five hours ago."

"Oh my gosh, I am SO sorry," she covered with both hands. "I practically sprinted here if that makes you feel a bit better. I felt like Usain Bolt running in the Olympics."

"Were you really that fast?" Chanyeol snickered and ruffled Krystal's hair. 

"I will let you know- I've won gold medals in elementary school for running," she said cockily.

"Well at least I'll know you'd be quick if I was in an emergency," he smiled. 

"Whoa, that took a dark turn..."

"Sorry, my mind's just been really occupied recently." Chanyeol sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "By the way, I'm still waiting on your performance."

"What performance?" Krystal asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't tell me you forgot."

"OH. Hold on, but you have to play the guitar first!" 

"I did, when you were sleeping."

"That doesn't count," Krystal pouted and crossed her arms.

"Fine, fine. Pass me the guitar behind you." Chanyeol began to play the guitar smoothly, as if he had been playing for over ten years. The song was so calming that Krystal had the urge to put up her hands and sway along with the music. After a couple of minutes Chanyeol began to sing. His voice was husky, but somewhat charming. Every single word that came out of his mouth looked as if he was being stabbed in the heart each time. When he finished the song, Chanyeol's eyes were moist with tears. He kept looking up, hoping the tears would evaporate faster. He coughed and looked at Krystal again. "So what'd you think of the song? I wrote it myself. I call it: 'Sing For You'."

"I'm speechless," Krystal's jaw hung half-open.

"Now it's your turn!" Chanyeol said while clapping his hands. Krystal took a deep breath and started singing softly. Chanyeol instantly recognised the song and begun playing it on the guitar and harmonised with her. It shocked Krystal at first, but it made her feel more at ease and she started to gain more confidence. Throughout the whole song, Krystal and Chanyeol looked into each other's eyes, with the occasional sly wink from Chanyeol. "You've got a beautiful voice; I don't know why you were so shy about it," Chanyeol said. "You should audition for one of those singing shows. I'll guarantee that you'd win."

"Don't flatter me. You'd have better chances of winning, in my opinion," Krystal smiled awkwardly.

"Let's make a deal," Chanyeol suddenly grabbed Krystal's hands. "If you audition for a show this year, I will do it next year when I'm in a better condition."

"This sounds extremely fishy," Krystal frowned.

"It's not a trick. The auditions for most of the shows open in a month and I don't think I'd be healthy by then," Chanyeol sighed but smiled. "So audition this year and if you don't make it, I'll audition with you next year. You don't have any plans for the future, do you?"

"No, but-"

"Then do it. You have nothing to lose." Krystal continued to frown, her hands still in Chanyeol's. "I'll buy you dinner if you do it," he silently added. Krystal's eyes lit up immediately. 

"Deal."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

MNet Studio 10am

The amount of people was overwhelming for Krystal. It's been too long since she's been in a confined area with thousands of people. After lining up for so long and finally registering for a singing competition as per Chanyeol "request", Krystal was ready for the moment of truth - performing in front of a large crowd. While waiting for her turn to come around, she decided to call Chanyeol as a way to calm her nerves. "Hello?" his voice soothed her the moment he picked up the phone.

"Chanyeol," Krystal mumbled. "I'm not sure whether I can do this. I feel like throwing up." He chuckled and she could almost feel his hand pat her head.

"Relax," he said calmly. "Just perform the way you did in front of me in the hospital and you'll be fine."

"W-what if I forget the words?"

"Just improvise the lyrics; as long as it makes sense, no one would know the difference. That's the beauty of writing your own songs."

"I guess so. By the way, what was the song called? I don't think you ever gave me a title."

"'Baby Don't Cry'."

"I'll try not to forget that." A distant voice called Krystal's name and number. "I have to go now. I'll call you back later and let you know how I went."

"Good luck, Krystal," Chanyeol said softly. "I'm sure you'll kick all their butts. Metaphorically." Chanyeol made a smooch noise and hung up. Krystal took a deep breath and headed to the tall double doors where the person was waiting. She was about to enter through the doors when someone came through from the other side.

"Oh, sorr-" she choked on her words. "Kyung...soo?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The chapters are slowly becoming less consistent \(;´□`)/  Hope you guys are enjoying this. I feel the end coming soon...it's okay, don't cry... But really though; thanks so much for continuing to read this! Really appreciate it :) Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the next chapter...

On a side note: Krystal and Kai are together ;_; (kinda old news but I've been dead on the internet for a while). There goes my ship ㅠㅠ but it will forever continue to sail in my heart <3 See you guys in the next chapter~