Trouble

Momentary Happiness

"Did you say something?" Krystal asked curiously, unconsciously wishing his answer would feed her desire.

"Huh? I was just wondering why it's raining so much," he replied nonchalantly. Krystal agreed, but something about that answer was a little disappointing. "So what are you up for? Korean, Chinese, Japanese? Or maybe so Western?"

"How do you feel about Mexican?"

There was a long pause before Chanyeol finally answered, "Sure. If you're really keen." Krystal smiled brightly and suggested a good place around the block. In the next ten minutes of walking, Chanyeol's hand shifted from Krystal's head to her shoulder, still gripping her close to him. People began recognising Chanyeol; the occassional high school girl screaming, "Oppa! You're so handsome!". He'd always bow his head and smile but never say a word of gratitude. Krystal thought Chanyeol was either pretentious or an , both of which seemed highly unlikely. She was reluctant to ask him, afraid he'd snap and turn out to be a schizophrenic psychopath. "Krystal?" he stopped to ask, breaking her train of thought. "Were you listening?"

"Sorry, I was thinking about something," she nervously said. Chanyeol grabbed her shoulders, bent down and turned her to face him eye-to-eye.

"This may sound creepy, but I'm here for you. Don't bottle up your emotions; spill it out. I will listen, whatever it is." He was so genuine and serious that Krystal ended bursting out in laughter.

"Chill, it's nothing like that," she said as she wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. She then patted Chanyeol's head and smiled gently. "Thank you, though." The rain began to clear up. "Oh, look! The restaurant is right there!"

Krystal was so happy to eat Mexican food again. It's been about two months since she's had her favourite food, as Jessica doesn't particularly like Mexican food. By the look on Chanyeol's face, she realised that maybe he wasn't too keen on it either. After ordering two burritos, she decided to ask him.

"Why didn't you speak up when I suggested Mexican food?" Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck.

"You looked so happy, I couldn't object," he muttered, his face in obvious distress. "To tell you the truth..." his voice faltered.

"Is it an allergy?"

Chanyeol leaned closer and whispered in Krystal's ear, "I get really gassy when I eat Mexican." Krystal laughed insanely loud, silencing the restaurant crowd for a moment.

"Was that really all you were worried about?" She took a deep breath to calm herself and whispered back, "to make you feel a little better, on the way here, I farted a good five times." Chanyeol chuckled. "And the wind was pretty strong so no one could've known," she added. Soon, a waitress arrived at their table with their burritos.

Chanyeol suggested, "Why don't we eat outdoors so it's...less noticable?" to which Krystal giggled and agreed. 

They grabbed their burritos, left enough money on the table and headed out to the nearest park, which happened to be a playground in front of Krystal's apartment. She didn't say anything about it, but she hoped Jessica wasn't home yet because if she was, she'd embarrass the hell out of Krystal. She and Chanyeol took a seat on the swings that were surprisingly dry. As they ate their burritos, they talked about their lives. Chanyeol revealed that he was turning 23 in a few days, meaning he was only two years older than Krystal. She also found out that, similar to her, he has a strong passion for music. 

"You have to play the guitar for me one day," she exclaimed.

"In return, sing for me."

"Deal!"

At that moment, someone standing in front of Krystal's apartment called out to Chanyeol, "Hyung!" as he waved his arm crazily, running over to the two of them. He had eyes almost as wide as Chanyeol's and a haircut that can only be described as the y cousin of the bowl-cut. Compared to Chanyeol, he appeared short but was still considered tall to Krystal. 

"Oh, Kyungsoo. What are you doing here? Don't you live in Hongdae?" Chanyeol asked, shocked and surprised to see his friend.

"I moved here about a month ago. I live in that apartment across the road by myself, now." Krystal never recalled anyone moving in recently. The man named Kyungsoo directed his attention to her and introduced himself. "I'm Kyungsoo Do, Chanyeol's hoobae from high school." He stuck his hand out for a handshake. "You are...his girlfriend?" Krystal eyes widened with surprise.

"N-no, I'm just a friend. In fact, this is only the second time we've met," she stuttered. Chanyeol looked dumbfounded by Kyungsoo's question as well. She took Kyungsoo's hand, realising it was still poking out at her. "Krystal Jung, music enthusiast and part time artist." Chanyeol looked disappointed.

"How come your introduction wasn't as good when we met?" he asked, folding his arms. "I get it; you must've been too shocked with my handsome looks and hospitality to properly introduce yourself, right?" Krystal just nodded, avoiding eye-contact. "Hey!"

Kyungsoo laughed and said, "even if you two just met, it seems like you've been friends forever. I guess hyung really has a gift of befriending everyone he meets." Kyungsoo seemed to be emphasising the word 'friend' a lot more than anything else; but then again, it could be Krystal over thinking things again. She opened to say something when Chanyeol's phone rang. He apologised and answered it.

"What's up? What do you mean? You really believe it?" His tone of voice became serious. "Look, it doesn't matter that much anyway. No one searches authors' names on the internet that much. IT'S THE NUMBER ONE SEARCH?" he exclaimed. He glanced back at Krystal- who was staring at him- and lowered his voice. He said one last sentence then hung up, too soft for Krystal to hear anything. He focused on her and Kyungsoo again who were both still looking at him, concerned. "Sorry, that was my manager. Something came up, so I have to go. Krystal, pass me your phone for a second." Krystal gave it to him without thinking twice. He typed something in then gave it back. "It was nice seeing you again, Krystal." He turned to Kyungsoo and patted him on the shoulder. "Let's catch up sometime, alright?" he said, and waved goodbye, jogging in the direction of the train station.

"That guy's always causing trouble," Kyungsoo sighed. "I know we've only just met, but do you want me to walk you back?"

- - - - - - - - - - 

(A/N) Hello everyone~ The chapters are getting longer and longer!!! Haha. Thank you for supporting me so far even though it's only been 3 chapters! I hope you like the little fart moment here, because I did. I laughed so much when I wrote it. Not sure whether I should be laughing at my own jokes LOL But yeah, what's gonna happen to Chanyeol??? :0 What was the phonecall about??? Why is everyone such a creeper??? It shall be revealed soon (not that last one, though) so keep your eyes peeled for updates hehe. Thanks for reading, guys~

Kbai.