Hello

Momentary Happiness

It was cold. In the middle of autumn, it began pouring like mad in Gangnam. Since the weather report had no mention of a downpour, many people were forced to take shelter in stores, including Krystal. Although the sky was a little grey this morning, she had decided to leave the house without an umbrella. She also chose to wear a light cardigan and a pencil skirt. Her face reflected the regret of making these decisions. While all the women around her had boyfriends to shelter them, Krystal had only a small purse that was large enough to only protect her head. By the time she found a shop that wasn't completely packed like a sardine can, she was drenched with only her face being the slightest bit dry (her initial reaction was to protect the makeup). Thankfully, the staff were kind enough to lend her a small tea towel to dry herself off.

After a good twenty minutes spent under the hand dryer in the washroom, Krystal went to order a hot drink. As usual, she ordered her favourite cappuccino then looked around to find an empty seat. By this time, the booths that were meant for parties of 5 or 6 were taken up by couples who used the rest of the space for their wet coats. When her coffee was ready, Krystal spent her time by the counter drinking it upsettingly until a kind man offered her a seat at his table. The table was small and it was rather hard fitting into her seat because of the crowd, but she was fortunate. When she sat down, she took a better look at the man and boy, was he a stunner. He wore a long black trench coat with a dress shirt and pants, his hair gently waxed back onto itself. His eyes were wide, catching whatever light there were, and his lips slightly pursed as he read a book. Then he looked up, catching Krystal by surprise. Instinctively, she looked back down at her half-drunk coffee. 

"Are you alright?" he asked somewhat hesitantly. Krystal raised her head again to face him.

She smiled and nervously said, "Yeah. Perfectly fine," and took another sip from her cup. He glared at her for a bit, as if analysing every part of her. "Thank you, again, for the table," she blurted, hoping to break the silence.

"No worries, it seems you've had enough trouble already," the man said, and nodded at Krystal's damp hair. She couldn't help but laugh a little. "I'm Chanyeol Park, by the way." He gestured for a handshake.

"Krystal Jung," she said, shaking his humongous hand. She genuinely believed that she could fit both her palms on one of his. After a bit of small talk, the two had finished their coffee and were planning to leave the shop when it started to pour with rain again. "Impeccable timing, rain," Krystal muttered under her breath. 

"Where are you headed?" Chanyeol asked as he pulled out a small umbrella from his trench coat's pocket. 

"The station, but looks like I might have to camp out here for a little while longer."

"I'll walk you there! I mean, since I'm headed there as well." Suddenly, in Krystal's eyes, Chanyeol was an angel sent from the heavens.

"Would you really? Oh my goodness, thank you so much," she exclaimed. Chanyeol opened the umbrella and held it over Krystal's head more than his own. "You're getting wet!" Krystal said, noticing a damp patch on Chanyeol's right shoulder. He just smiled and said it was fine. "I-if it makes it easier for you, you can put your arm on my shoulder.

"Really? Thanks. I was beginning to walk at a weird angle," he laughed as he gently grabbed Krystal's left shoulder, pulling her a little closer to him. Her heart was racing and she could feel her face getting hot. 

"S-so, do you have a-"

"We're here."