Seven - Declaring War

Coloured By You (DISCONTINUED)

Suga's Narrative:

It felt unusual. The fact that taking a few steps and a walk to the nurse's room could change how a girl acted towards you.

A glace at Jang Da Hye in the classroom would tell you she's a loser, a wannabe, a nerd and a girl with her head stuck in some dumb poetry book. But now, only a few rooms away from the classroom, if you met face to face with Heize, she could kill you with a simple glare and send unfavourable shivers down your spine with her smirk. I was slightly intimidated, but curious - what was the story behind this girl?

"What do you mean?" I asked, crossing my legs and now leaning on the door, staring back at her, as she was making herself comfortable in the bed.

"Suga," she started "you know very well that I have had the ability to demolish you in every single rap battle we've ever taken part in," she rose one of her eyebrows confidently, "I might be a high school student, but as soon as we go any where near the underground, I'm your sunbae."

I scoffed at the stubborness of a seventeen year old to me - how dare she, I'm two years older than her! I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and press her against the backboard of the bed firmly - to make her slightly frightened, showing her that she's inferior to me and make her slightly attracted t- I mean just scare her slightly. However, I eyed her and let her sit there talk,

"Give me a microphone and I could school you right here, right now - you're yet to win against me and you know you get nervous every time my name gets called out and I walk up to the stage you stand up on. You think you're bad, but you ain't even seen bad yet, I come and go like a bad storm - take a rain check," she shrugged. "But I'm not really in a position to comment on your 'raps' seeming as you always claim you let me win."

She was right, I always did. She really was a great rapper and I'm sure everyone was aware that I had no chance against her. I always 'let her win' to protect my pride as a rapper.

" this," she abruptly said, "you don't even take it seriously when we rap," she threw the duvet off of her and started walking towards me. She titlted her head to the side, signalling me to make way. "My name is Jang Da Hye and all of this never happened." I shook my head and grabbed both of her shoulders, crouching down a bit because I was a few centimetres taller, I clicked my tongue, trying to look cool.

"Okay, Jang Da Hye," I breathed out and stared right into her eyes, "tomorrow at the underground, eleven pm, let's rap and bring Heize with you. I don't want a puny high school girl to show up and try to rap with me," I inched towards her face "this is war." I declared, moving aside and escorting her out. I don't know if she even agreed to our little rendezvous tonight, but if she likes it or not, it's going to happen.

Ae Rin's Narrative:

The teacher's lecture on the history of Korea was interrupted when the door burst open, when the shy and still Jang Da Hye from the back of the room - the girl who had no friends - walked in, keeping her back straight. Yoon Gi on the other hand, swaggered in the room with his hands in his pockets smiling at Da Hye's back. I didn't really care about what the teacher was saying - it was something ships - and I paid attention to Suga who was leaning against the back wall, smiling and winking at me. I felt another stare from the side of me and I turned to see Tae Hyung's glare for a split second before his expression turned neutral again and his gaze turned back towards the teacher.

"And so, that's how, the Geobukseon, a ship used by the Korean Navy in the Joseon Dynasty, became as significant as it is today... Mr. Min?" The old lady asked, snapping my best friend out of his thoughts, "the class is about to complete a worksheet, please go around and help those who need it," she signaled. I laughed under my breath, knowing that Suga hated history with a passion - specifically the Joseon Dynasty - and he knew nothing about it.

I poked Jung Kook, asking for answers on the topic and we both co-operated for a few minutes before someone uninvitedly came over to fill the space in between mine and Jung Kook's desks. I snapped my direction of gaze upwards, expecting Tae Hyung and opening my mouth to shout, but shortly closed it after seeing the immature smile of my immature friend.

"Kids," Yoon Gi began, squatting down, looking at us both, "I need you guys to do something for me, but it might make you have to sneak out for a while." He winked. I frowned, knowing that I could get in trouble for doing whatever he needed, "all of us at the underground, eleven o'clock sharp and arrive there before if you ca-"

"Move, please, Mr. Min, I don't think you're supposed to be talking about sneaking out while we're in class. Shouldn't you be trying to help the students with their work?," Tae Hyung stood infront of him and Suga looked up in the middle of his sentence. 

"Tae Hyung? Great you can be part of this too!" Suga exclaimed as I frowned again, not wanting to be associated with him for things that didn't need to include him. Nevertheless, Yoon Gi pulled Tae Hyung down by the hem of his shirt so he was in the same position as him. "Okay, I'm rapping and it's going to be fierce kids. Jung Ae Rin," He nodded to me, "I need you to do all that beep bop, wiggle wiggle, scratchy scratch on the DJ turn tables seeming as you know all about engineering."

"Turning tables has nothing to do with engineering, Yoon Gi," I sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, who cares - you're still doing it. Jeon Jung Kook, you can come and do ticket sales at front- 15,000 Won each. That should be enough - loads of people are going to come after just hearing my name, but you gotta make sure you guys are the only the students from this school. Don't let any of your class mates in kids and, Kim Tae Hyung, I'll give you your job via text message later." Suga's corners of his lips turned upwards.

"But, Yoon Gi..." I interrupted, "I don't know where the underground is - I've never come to one of your recitals." I said, whilst Yoon Gi scratched the side of his head before figuring out something,

"Okay, look, Ae Rin. It's not a recital, it's rap. I'm not doing some ballet or singing - I'm doing rap," he corrected me, "anyways, don't worry, I'll get you a mode of transport that'll be at your house at ten forty-five sharp."

"What kind of transport?" I asked, 

"You'll find out," he winked, making me anxious.

What am I getting myself into?