Four - Stepbrothers

Coloured By You (DISCONTINUED)

Its Sunday. Also known as the 3rd day since Jung Kook had confessed to Ji Hae. Even though I haven't spoken to Jung Kook since he walked me home on Friday, I still feel as if their relationship is constantly occupying my thoughts. I have to admit, I didn't think of myself as the jealous type, but clearly I was wrong.

I hardly got any sleep last night. Although Jung Kook's relationship with Ji Hae was spread all over in my brain, I couldn't help but remember the kiss Jung Kook planted onto my cheek.

That kiss.

I have to admit, at one point I was thinking about Tae Hyung kissing me also. But, it wasn't a big deal. I guess it was a reassuring thing to do after he was probably shocked on saving me from getting hit. Although, I did kind of feel a little bit guilty about kicking him in that certain area, but he was the one following me, so.

Realising that I'd been staring at the ceiling for 20 minutes contemplating my thoughts about life - one being Jung Kook and Ji Hae's relationship, two being the kiss and the other being me reflecting upon myself on why I kicked Tae Hyung after he saved me - I decided to do something productive today, seeing as I did absolutely nothing yesterday. I got out of bed and went downstairs, seeing that no one was home, but thankfully, Mum had left me some pancakes which, much to my delight, tasted delicious.

I thought hard about what I should do today and came up with a great plan: visit Yoon Gi.

I ran upstairs with half a pancake still in my mouth; rushing so I could look somewhat presentable, even though he has seen me in my lowest moments, but since I haven't gone round to his house in a while, I thought why not. Lets actually try and make an effort today, Ae Rin.

I had already reached the door as grabbed the spare key they hid under the mat that they always had reserved for me since we had known each other for so long (and because his mother were getting mad at the number of times a week they had to get up and open to door).

"Ahjumma! I'm home!" I yelled loud enough for them to hear from anywhere in the house,

"My Ae Rin is here!" Yoon Gi's mother rushed downstairs, showering me with hugs and kisses, has it really been that long since I paid them a visit?

I love my parents, but Yoon Gi's mother had always been there for me. When my father went on business trips and my mother had to go to work late at night, I'd always go to Yoon Gi's house where she'd always welcome me and sing me lullabies until I'd fall asleep (I was around seven at the time).

This was honestly my second home. I come here more often than Jung Kook's home which, quite frankly, surprises me.

"So why are you here? How could you leave us alone for so long with only that kid to look after, he doesn't clean, cook or study!" Miss. Min complained and I shrugged with a chuckle. Even though Yoon Gi was like a brother to me I still couldn't understand as to why his mother still let him live with her, he had given up on studying and decided to take the underground rapping business along with his long list of part-time jobs.

I remember how depressed and distant Yoon Gi had been with me during his era of studying, in a way it was good for him to quit his studies. But it was easy to underestimate him, and during my exam periods I usually forgot how clever Yoongi actually was.

"Eomma! I don't need to study, did you forget? I'm an entrepreneur in the subject of rap," Although I was in the kitchen and he was all the way in his room, I could easily picture his grin. You could hear the gunshots and the sound of crisps being munched which made it obvious that he was on his games console which his mother often referred to 'the downfall'. 

"Yah! Am I a nobody to you, Yoon Gi? Why didn't you come downstairs to greet your one and only Ae Rin!" I started running up the stairs, shooting a quick goodbye to his mother, 

"Ae Rin! Why didn't you tell me it was you!" He immediately stood up from his gaming chair and hugged me, spinning me around in the air. He looked skinny for his age, but if he could pick me up, Yoon Gi had to be strong.

"Frankly, I feel offended that you didn't recognise me, Min Yoon Gi." I snorted, but laughed afterwards.

"Don't call me that!" He sighed, "My street name is Suga - call me that." He raised his chin, trying to act cool. I lightly slapped him and replied,

"Shut up, your rapping career isn't ever going to take off - no one wants to hear your low budget mix-tape." I scoffed as a joke. But it really was absurd, he should just stick to university like his mother had told him to. He was going down the route of becoming a dermatologist until, of course, he quit.

"So how's life with Jung Kook, huh?" He began, inviting me to sit on his bed. Fifteen minutes had passed and he had already caught up with everything, including Kim Tae Hyung, but I substituted his name for "that guy" incase my idiot of a friend would storm into my school and do something stupid.

"He seems like such a dickhead!" Suga gasped, slapping his cheek with his hand, "he seriously pulled you close and said that!?"

"I know right!" I threw my hands up in frustration, it was times like this when I felt as if Yoon Gi was the only person who understood me in the world "he kissed me yesterday too!"

"Really? That guy really has some balls..." We both paused to take a breath but Suga soon continued the conversation, "so, Jung Kook still has literally no idea you like him?" The child-like adult face palmed, "Why can't this idiot kid ever realise whats in front of him!" I had often forgotten that even though they were both my best friends, they disliked each other greatly.

"You took the words out of my damn mouth!" I shoved his shoulder, laughing.

"But still, Jung Ae Rin, I told you he was bad news from the beginning. When you first told me told me at cram school how a 'beautiful, friendly guy had came into your class and gave all the girls in your class juice boxes' I told you you'll never end up with him. You should've gone with the guy who confessed to you - I rooted for him this whole time!" He shoved me back. Yoon Gi was on about the first boy who had confessed to me; it was during middle school, fifth period and that's when I got the note. During that stage I was dumbstruck and supposedly in love with Jung Kook, so I obviously presumed it was him. It wasn't. Instead it was this nerd who I had no idea existed. Hmmm, I wonder what he's up to now.

"Yeah, yeah - shut up." I rolled my eyes, that kid in middle school wasn't even that significant.

The conversation died down and we were both sitting in a comfortablesilence for about two minutes. I turned to my left and saw a little pout on Yoon Gi's face.

"Yah," I said with curiosity "what's wrong?"

"Did you hear?" Suga whispered to me as I shook my head, "my mother's getting married soon," my jaw dropped and a small gasp escaped my mouth, "and guess what,"

"What?" 

"It's to that middle school kid's father, we're going to be stepbrothers!" he paused before lowering his voice even more quietly, "I could introduce you guys if you like, we're still good friends I guess," he laughed, but I could easily tell it was fake. Yoon Gi was a specialist in acting. As if he didn't get hurt, at rare times like this I realised the advantages of knowing him for so long.

"Min Yoon Gi, stop pretending that you don't care. It's time you showed people how you really feel or you'll be misunderstood." I found that the best way to get what I wanted from Yoon Gi was to tickle him. This led to his room getting even messier and a whole load of weird- but hilarious- noises coming out of both of us.

We were shortly interrupted by the doorbell. I looked strangely towards Yoon Gi, he would've told me if we were expecting anybody. 

Yoon Gi rolled his eyes and huffed before mouthing, 'Step-father'. I nodded slowly, realising this meant it was time for me to go.

Miss Min had transformed from her ahjumma clothes to a cool mum outfit, I motioned to open the door and she stood back awaiting the family on the other side.

The door was pulled open and there awaited the other family. I bowed lowly and sincerely before attempting to get out, keeping my body low and I glanced one more time at the family.

I thought my eyes had pulled a trick on me, I looked up one more time.

Kim Tae Hyung was staring back at me.

"Oppa, that eonnie is pretty. Can we please keep her?" I finally realised the small girl Tae Hyung was holding by the hand, and I had also realised the really firm grip she had on my hair. We made eye contact one more time before the girl pulled my hair inside, forcing me to come back in. I tried to get out again, but instead of the little girl who was  beside Tae Hyung restricting me this time, Yoon Gi pulled my shoulder back with one of his hands. I quietly sighed, knowing I couldn't get out of the house now,

Aren't family issues meant to stay inside the family?

---------------------------------------

A/N: YOONGI IS ONLY 19 IN THIS XD
BUT GUYS OMFG RAPPER LINE IN NEVER MINDTRAILER I DIED