One - Caught

Coloured By You (DISCONTINUED)

It was the next day and I had, yet, another bottle of juice in my hand being strangled around the bottle neck. It really, really . I don't know how to put it in words, really. Heart crushing? Like your throat just got slit? A kick in the stomach? The feeling was horrible and his words were still ringing in my ears,

"Ae Rin-ah! I did it! I did it! I told her I liked her since day one and she accepted me! My first love loves me back!"

Even his wide smile was flashing in my mind. I swear I just want to yank that girl's hair out and kick her teeth so hard she can't speak to Jung Kook ever again. I could feel myself hating more and more people in the world around me.

This wouldn't do. I couldn't stay in an environment where I could see that awful pairing wherever I turned around. I had to get out of this stupid place and escape all these thoughts in my mind; I could hear the wedding bells ringing into my ears.

I started running quickly to the large wall, which shuts the school off from the main city. If I climb over this, I would be out of the security camera ranges and out of the school also. Heaving my body upwards, I found myself sitting on top of the wall looking at all of the residents of the city passing by. The air was different on this side of the wall. I could see the cars go by, causing the wind to brush onto my face and clothes and the petrol fumes laceing into the air, which was somehow refreshing to me. On the schools side, however, it felt suffocating.                           

I stood up onto the wall as I heard the bell rang, ready to say my farewell to the grim building for the day. Until, I heard an obnoxious voice once again,

"Oh? Ae Rin-ssi?"

And with those words, the wind decided to pick up, causing me to stumble and I found myself losing my balance and falling back onto the schools side of the wall. Tightly shutting my eyes, I expected a hard and painful fall to come. It didn't. Instead I was greeted by the same old-

"Annyeong." Kim Tae Hyung coughed, making it clear he was finding it hard to breathe with my body on top of his. I found this somehow amusing because of how different his 'annyeong' today was from yesterdays.

Realising the awkward situation, I quickly shuffled off him and brushed the dry soil off my skirt with my hands, keeping my eyes directed only towards my skirt. I decided not say anything back to him, as the situation was already awkward enough.

Suddenly, I heard a shuffling inside the bushes that secluded this area from the rest of the school,

"Yah! Is anyone here? You should be in your lessons..." A teacher's voice sang as they were obviously trying to get through and see what was going on.

"Tae Hyung! Lift me up, quick!" I urged him. Skipping school had never really occurred to me as a pastime of interest, but I would rather disappear without a word quickly than get a long- lecture from my teachers and one when I get back home.

Unexpectedly, Tae Hyung gently placed both hands either side of my waist and lifted me up and onto the wall, without saying a word. Just as he was about to let go, I quickly held onto his left hand, stopping him from walking away. I'd be more or less of a if I got him into trouble when he just helped me up. Plus, him being one of the "Star Athletes" of the school, I can't let one slip-up stop him from playing one of his games.

Letting out a quick sigh, I spoke up,

"Come on, you don't want to get caught either, do you?" I said looking at him into his eyes. He looked straight back and just shrugged.

I could honestly slap him for being so stupid right now.

"Hurry up, you idiot!" I held tighter onto his hand with both of mine and as quickly as I could, I tried to heave him up next to me. Tried.

Unfortunately, it was at that point I realised that I was the most unfit- in the whole freaking universe and being the weakling I am, I didn't have the strength to pull the seventeen year old boy up onto the wall. 

We both found ourselves tumbling off the wall and back onto the the dry, dusty soil; and of course, like any other cliché drama, I was on top of him staring into his eyes - whilst he was staring back into mine - not sure what to do. But just to my luck-

"Well, well, what do we have here? A casanova trying to do his business at the back of the school, along with one of his lady-lovers?" The teacher sneered, waving two after school detention slips in the air.