Confession: Success

My Best Friend's Spirit - EDITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day before school, Wonwoo stood outside of his house with his homemade lunch in his small black lunch bag in his hand while he waited for his best friend Jooyeon. Wonwoo started to tap his foot after the five minutes for waiting until he hears a door open and close. He looked up seeing his best friend, which immediately gave him a grin on his face when he saw Jooyeon with her lavender lunch box in her hand matching with a lavender backpack, her school uniform on and a braided hairstyle topped on her head. 

"Sorry!" Jooyeon jogged towards her best friend, Wonwoo, also giving him his morning hug that he asked for everyday. "I'm late, aren't I?"

"No," Wonwoo shook his head before he smiled. "I'm early, that's all." 

"Liar," Jooyeon joked. "Let's go to school, shall we?"

---

Wonwoo and Jooyeon walked down the streets of their neighborhood and Wonwoo kept staring down at her empty hand since he wanted to hold her hand but he knew he would scare his own best friend away.

"You're awfully quiet, Wonwoo." Jooyeon spoke which interrupted Wonwoo's train of thought. 

"It's morning," Wonwoo replied. "Why wouldn't I be quiet?" 

"But it's Friday. You should be excited." Jooyeon casually said, causing Wonwoo to stop in his tracks. 

"Yeah, about that.." Wonwoo looked down at his feet before he started to play with the straps of his lunch bag. "Jooyeon-ah,"

"What's wrong, Wonwoo?" Jooyeon asked, resting her hand on her best friend's shoulder.

"Can I ask you something, Jooyeon?" 

"Of course, Wonwoo." Jooyeon replied. "Anything."

"Okay," Wonwoo nodded. "About the dance tonight and---"

"You want me to go with you, right?" Jooyeon smiled, causing Wonwoo to nod his head. "Sorry, I usually don't go to things like that." She replied.

"Oh," Wonwoo's head dropped again, making him all embarrassed. 

"I would rather just sit at home, you and me and watch a movie together instead of standing and dancing in a sweaty gym." Jooyeon explained, making Wonwoo's head raise because of the things that Jooyeon was telling him. 

"Real-- Really?"

"Yeah," Jooyeon noded again. "So, you up for the movie tonight?" 

Wonwoo didn't say anything but just nodding his head with a smile. *I'm going to have a date with my best friend tonight!*

"Come on," Jooyeon grabbed his hand. "We're going to be late for school." 

Wonwoo nodded, but he didn't resist from holding his best friend's hand. They continued to walk to school as they swung arms and chatted. "Want to come to Seventeen's rehearsal today?" Wonwoo asked as they continued to walk to school.

🎶🎶🎶

It was finally the last period of the day and it was music class. Jooyeon had a study hall since she was way ahead on all her classes but she decided to sit in the music room with Seventeen. Jooyeon sat with the vocal unit as they warmed up their vocals and helped them by holding a little device called a tuner that told them if their vocals was either sharped or pitched. 

"How was that, Jooyeon-ah?" Dokyeom asked after singing a note. 

Jooyeon checked the tuner device and showed Dokyeom who was just waiting for an answer. "Just a little sharp, Oppa."

"Really?" Dokyeom raised his eyebrows. "Maybe I should work on that." Dokyeom laughed. "Thanks, Jooyeon."

"Anytime, Oppa." Jooyeon replied. "Who's next in the vocal group?" She called out while resetting the tuner for the next person, not paying any attention to whoever was next.

"Me!" Someone called out and once Jooyeon looked up, it was her best friend running across the music room towards her. 

"Wonwoo," Jooyeon laughed. "You're not in the vocal group." 

"And your point?" Wonwoo raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms. 

"My point is that you're not singing. Yeah, you may be a 'singer' but you rap and only rap." Jooyeon explained, also pinching her best friend's cheek.

"Touche." Wonwoo gave her a thumbs up before he went back to the group.

"What a funny guy," Jooyeon mumbled. "Jihoon Oppa, you're next!" 

"Okay Jooyeon!" Woozi replied from the distance.

Wonwoo was working on his rapping skills when Mingyu ran up to his hyung and sat right next to him with a face very close to Wonwoo's cheek.

"What are you doing? Go work on your rap." Wonwoo spat, not paying any attention to Mingyu once again.

"Did you ask?" Mingyu asked and Wonwoo k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter