A Christmas Wish

My Best Friend's Spirit - EDITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two whole years since Wonwoo confessed, which made his fear go right away. He wakes up thinking about Jooyeon, he goes to sleep thinking about Jooyeon so Wonwoo pratically thinks about Jooyeon 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. He's thankful that his parents chose a house that was right across Jooyeon which makes him even more thankful.

He gets up every morning and goes to the window that is sitting right across Jooyeon's bedroom. At the same time, Wonwoo and Jooyeon opens their curtains to greet Seoul's morning. Wonwoo smiles brightly when he sees his girlfriend right across the street, with her messy hair topped on her head, also adjusting her vision due to the bright sunshine when Jooyeon noticed that Wonwoo was right across the street, causing her to widen her eyes because Wonwoo is looking at her ugly appearance. Jooyeon let out a shriek before she quickly closed her bedroom curtains. 

The two years that went by, Wonwoo and Jooyeon were freshmens at Pledis High School. Their relationship wasn't a secret anymore until Mingyu, one of Wonwoo's good friends from the choir group that Wonwoo joined in the 7th grade, found out when he saw that Wonwoo and Jooyeon held hands as they walked down the empty hallways of high school. Mingyu knew that Wonwoo liked Jooyeon but Mingyu never knew that Wonwoo would have the guts to confess. 

Mingyu never left them alone. He would thrid wheel on their dates and pretend that Wonwoo wasn't even there, even though the dates was always about Wonwoo and Jooyeon. They couldn't even had their first kiss because of Mingyu being so attached to Wonwoo. There was even a time when Wonwoo got so annoyed with Mingyu when he told Wonwoo's parents about their relationship and of course Wonwoo's mom couldn't keep it to herself so she told Jooyeon's parents about the whole relationship. 

*Thanks a lot, Kim Mingyu.* Wonwoo and Jooyeon thought as they sat infront of their parents at Wonwoo's house, getting a lecture by their own parents.

🎶🎶🎶

Today was the last day of school before Christmas break came. Wonwoo just found out that Jooyeon was going to Japan for break and she wouldn't be back until New Years Eve. Wonwoo wished he could go on the trip since Jooyeon's parents was allowing it but his mom and dad would not let him which made him upset. Of course Wonwoo couldn't have a tantrum since he is 16 years old. He couldn't act like a child since his personality isn't like that. Wonwoo started to stare at Jooyeon's almost packed suitcase and frowned, wishing he could go on the trip.

It was Wonwoo and Jooyeon's first Christmas without being together which made Wonwoo even more depressed. 

As Wonwoo sat on Jooyeon's bed, the door opened revealing Jooyeon carrying in a tray full of snacks that consisted Oreos, crackers with peanut butter and even tiny pieces of chocolate cake, Wonwoo's favorite. And to top it all off, two tall glasses with refreshing cold milk, to wash down the snacks.

"It's okay if we don't eat all the snacks." Jooyeon commented as she placed the tray on Wonwoo's lap.

"Okay, thank you." Wonwoo nodded before he took a sip of one of the tall glass of milk. 

"Do you have to go?" Wonwoo asked while Jooyeon sat down right next to him, leaning her head on his right shoulder as she ate her Oreo, little bits at a time.

Jooyeon nodded on his shoulder, continuing to eat her Oreo when Wonwoo sighed, sticking his favorite chocolate cake into his mouth. "So unfair," Wonwoo spoke with a full mouth.

"I don't want to go but Joowon oppa is making me go even though my parents said I didn't have to go." Jooyeon frowned. "You could of came with us." 

"I know." Wonwoo frowned as he scrunched his nose, one of the things Jooyeon loved seeing every time Wonwoo scrunched his nose, whether he was smiling, laughing or even when he's angry. "My mom is mean." 

"Why won't she let you go with us?" Jooyeon asked before she placed her arm around Wonwoo's waist, rubbing the side to make him feel a little better.

"Because," Wonwoo sighed after drinking more milk. "She doesn't want me missing Christmas."

"This ," Jooyeon whispered.

"It does," Wonwoo replied, resting his cheek on top of her head. "Do you know how much I'll miss you?"

Jooyeon grinned as she stared at her boyfriend. "How much?" 

Wonwoo grinned as he started to expand his arms the farthest that he could. "If I could extend my arms farther, I'd keep going." 

"Aw," Jooyeon cooed. "You're so cute."

"Not as cute as you." Wonwoo smiled, giving Jooyeon a peck on her cheek, making her blush. 

They locked eyes. They stared at each other for a whole 30 seconds. *Her eyes are so pretty.* Wonwoo thought before he reached down to kiss Jooyeon on the lips. Jooyeon closed her eyes and let him do all the work until someone interrupted by coming up the stairs. 

"Jooyeon!" Mingyu yelled.

Wonwoo quickly pulled away and Jooyeon stayed in the same place, opening her eyes before she pulled away with anger. 

"Freaking Mingyu." Jooyeon cursed.

"I swear I'm going to beat this kid." Wonwoo muttered, brushing off all the cookie crumbs that fell onto his lap.

🎶🎶🎶

Wonwoo sat in his room with a frown planted on his face. Jooyeon left for Japan this morning leaving Wonwoo all by himself when he kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter