Dance Proposal

My Best Friend's Spirit - EDITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two months since Jeon Wonwoo moved into the city of Seoul and he was already fitting in at Pledis Middle School. Girls were even admiring his "hotness" (Well, that's what the girls say). Being an athlete he was, he joined the football team, basketball team, soccer team and even the baseball team. Wonwoo even joined a group called Seventeen, a popular school choir group that also had rappers and a dance group. The first day he joined, Wonwoo's position in the group was being a rapper and if the group didn't mind, he didn't mind. The group had three different units: Hip-Hop (Rapper) Unit, Vocal Unit and the Performance Unit. Seventeen was also Wonwoo's new friends. They weren't his best friends yet since his girl crush (Jooyeon) was already taking that "best friend" spot and he wouldn't want anyone else taking Jooyeon's spot. Seventeen consisted the members of Choi Seungcheol (S.Coups), Yoon Jeonghan, Hong Jisoo (Joshua Hong), Wen Junhui (Jun), Kwon Soonyoung (Hoshi), Jeon Wonwoo, Lee Jihoon (Woozi), Lee Seokmin (Dokyeom), Kim Mingyu, Xu Minghao (The8), Boo Seungkwan, Chwe Hansol (Vernon) and Lee Chan (Dino). 

The group was at lunch and of course, Wonwoo had to sit with them since he was part of their group now but once Wonwoo sat at his new table, he noticed something that wasn't right. Jooyeon wasn't in the lunch room. *She was here today.* Wonwoo thought, searching the whole lunch room for his best friend. *Where is she?* Wonwoo continued to search again but it was no luck, Jooyeon wasn't in there. 

"What are you looking at?" Kim Mingyu, the guy that Jooyeon had a crush on popped infront of Wonwoo's face.

"Nothing," Wonwoo replied, taking a bite out of his ham and cheese sandwich. 

"Sure," Mingyu replied sarcastically and that's when the rest of the members arrived. 

"Hey, you don't want me to beat you up." Wonwoo stuck his face infront of Mingyu. "I could even land you in the hospital even if I wanted to." 

"Haha, try me" Mingyu smirked.

"Why I oughta---" Wonwoo lifts his fist up until Joshua pulls him away.

"Hey now, we don't want to land anyone in the hospital." Joshua pulled Wonwoo away from Mingyu and sat Wonwoo down in his seat.

"Ooh," Seungkwan covered his mouth, jittering in his seat. "They were going to fight." He whispered in Hoshi's ear. 

"So guys!" S.Coups yelled to get the group's attention since he was the leader of Seventeen. "You guys have a date for the dance Friday?"

"Dance?" The8's face lit up. "You mean this kind of dance?" He immediately got up from his chair and started to do b-boying moves right infront of his friends and even the whole student body in the lunch room.

"Uh, sure." Dino nodded before he took a bite of his pasta.

"Anyways," S.Coups took a sip of his coke. "You guys have a date yet?" S.Coups asked, pointing to every member that was across.

"I don't have one but I have one in mind!" Mingyu exclaimed. 

"Who is it?" Jun asked who was sitting right next to him and Wonwoo was staring at him deeply, waitng for Mingyu to answer.

"I'm gonna ask Park Jooyeon." 

"Ooh~" And Seungkwan was even squealing.

*No... No!* Wonwoo screamed in her mind. 

"I might even ask her to be my girlfriend." Mingyu mentioned, trying to hide his smile. 

"Dang! You're only 13 years old and you're going to have a girlfriend? Man, you're lucky." Vernon rested his right cheek on his right hand, taking a bite of his fries.

"When are you going to ask?" Jeonghan asked.

"Hopefully tomorrow." 

"Wow! This is so exciting!" Dokyeom, the happy virus of Seventeen couldn't stop moving in his seat.

*No! I can't let him get to Jooyeon first!* Wonwoo thought, gripping onto the bottom of his school blazer, looking like he was going to rip the bottom corner right off. 

🎶🎶🎶

School finally ended but Wonwoo walked home by himself since he couldn't find Jooyeon anywhere. As Wonwoo ran down the block of his and Jooyeon's neighborhood, no cars were at her house. *Is she gone?* "Ah! Whatever!" Wonwoo ran to his house, quickly unlocking his front door and stormed right in and right when he gets home, his baby brother is standing by the door waiting for his big brother. "Hi little buddy," Wonwoo greeted before running right up the steps, making the little one cry because Wonwoo left him all alo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter