Angels (Yongseo)

One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The park is their special place.

It was where he first met her. She looked like an angel that had fallen from the sky. Her long dark hair fluttering in the slight breeze that passed by. He only saw her side profile but he swore he’d never seen anything so beautiful in his life.

It would have been perfect had she not been crying. He was confused. Why would she be crying? He could hear her soft sobs even from his distance. With every sound he felt his heart shatter. Taking slow, careful steps he crossed over to the bench she was sat on. Reaching into his pocket he took out a handkerchief and held it out to her.

“An angel doesn’t need to cry.” He whispered. She looked up in surprise and lightly laughed whilst brushing her hair away from her face.

“An angel? I couldn’t be far from it.” She took the handkerchief and wiped her tears as he sat down next to her.

“Well an angel is what I see.”  She smiled slightly and asked:

“What’s your name stranger?”

“Jung Yonghwa. And yours angel?” Yonghwa asked smiling slightly.

“Seo Joo-hyun. But call me Seohyun.” She replied with a slight smile.

“Why were you crying?” Seohyun’s smile slid off her face.

“I just got dumped by my boyfriend.” She said sadly.

“Oh I’m sorry. Was it a serious relationship?” He asked. Seohyun trembled a little.

“I thought it was but what he said to me when we broke up...” Yonghwa put a hand on her shoulder.

“Go on, I’m here.” He said gently. Even though they barely knew each other Seohyun felt comforted.

“H-he was angry with me. H-he said I’m boring and useless. He was annoyed that we don’t have... umm, .” At this a few tears dripped from her eyes.

“Are you serious?”  Yonghwa asked in shock. Seohyun nodded.

“I don’t get it. Why?” Seohyun cried. Yonghwa put an arm around her as she cried.

“There is no excuse for that. If you don’t feel comfortable doing it then he shouldn’t be annoyed with you.” Yonghwa said angrily. Seohyun looked shocked at the outburst.

“How are you so angry?” She asked.

“My little sister was... forced into that by her foul bastard of an ex-boyfriend. She was so traumatised she wouldn’t go anywhere near a guy even our own father. She would only let me comfort her.” Yonghwa said sadly.

 “Oh I’m really sorry. Is she okay now?” Seohyun asked as she put a hand on his arm comfortingly. Yonghwa nodded with a little smile on his face.

“She found someone that made her happy. She’s married and has a child and I’ve never seen her happier.” Seohyun smiled at his happiness for his sister.

“That’s good!” Yonghwa sighed.

“I’m jealous though. I wish I could find someone that made me happy.”

“Maybe you’re not looking in the right places.” Seohyun said gently. Yonghwa looked up to face her. They both just stared at each other in silence; not wanting to ruin the atmosphere. Seohyun’s heart was racing in her chest; she felt every thud and wanted to tear her gaze away from his eyes. But she couldn’t. It was like she was drawn in.

Suddenly the sky above rumbled and rain poured down onto the earth. Seohyun gasped as the cold drops hit her skin.

“Omo!” She gasped. The rain was coming down heavily. Yonghwa searched the park for somewhere to shelter from the rain.  He spotted a white pavilion not far from them and grabbed Seohyun’s hand. He dragged her off the bench and ran with her to the pavilion. Even when they got inside the pavilion they were soaked to the skin. Gasping for air he looked outside the pavilion.

“The rain looks too heavy to be stopping anytime soon.” He sighed. He turned around to see Seohyun squeezing the rain out of her hair.

“Well it’s accurately displaying my emotions.” She said jokingly. Yonghwa thought for a moment before taking out his phone.

“Do you know what I always do when I feel down?” He asked. Seohyun stood up and tried to squeeze some water from her clothes.

“What do you do?” She asked. Yonghwa put on some music and held out his hand to her.

“Dance with me.” Seohyun rolled her eyes.

“Seriously?” She asked. Yonghwa nodded. Seohyun took his hand and he spun her into him. Seohyun giggled as she spun into his chest and took his hand. Yonghwa took the lead and they danced in circles, spinning in their own world. Seohyun just giggled lightly every time Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter