You Were There (Haesica) Part 2

One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was there to help save her and bring her happiness...

Knock knock!

“Who is it?” Jessica called dully from the couch.

“A friend.” Came the reply. Jessica scoffed and said:

“What are you talking about? I don’t have friends.”

“But I am your friend Jessica. Let me in?” The voice asked hopefully. Jessica huffed and called:

“It’s already open. I don’t know why you want to come in; it’s not like anyone actually cares.” The door swung open to reveal Donghae holding a basket of food. He had some fruits, soup, rice and small cakes. He almost dropped the basket in shock of Jessica’s appearance. Her skin was pale and her cheeks sunken in. Her eyes were hollow and empty.

“Oh my God Jessica what happened to you? Have you been eating?” He put down the basket and came quickly to her side.

“What is it to you?” Jessica asked scornfully.

“I-“ Donghae started to say something but he couldn’t finish. He couldn’t tell her how he felt about her, not now. Now was not the right time.

“What? Go on what were you going to say?” Jessica scoffed at him “You have nothing to say that’s why. Nobody cares about me so why should they bother acting li-“

“Jessica shut up. You’re wrong.” Donghae said stonily. Jessica glared at him angrily.

“What did you say? How can you know what my situation is like?” She asked angrily.

“I don’t care that I don’t know. I just want to help you!” Donghae retorted.

“Don’t help me! Nobody wanted to before why now? I’m just alone!” Jessica shouted at him.

“How can you say that when you have me!” Donghae’s temper was being tested to the limit.

“What have you done for me?” Jessica screeched at him.

“Everything!” Donghae shouted “I’ve protected you since you were little and got lost in the park. When Jonghyun used to bully you and take your things. Even comforted you when you found out your mother died.” He finished in a whisper. Jessica was stunned into silence. Memories replayed in her head, familiar voices echoed in her mind.

“I-it was y-you?” She stuttered “All that time it was you?” Donghae nodded.

“It was me Jessica. Protecting you all these years.”

“W-w-why?” She asked.

“First it was because you needed help. Then I grew to like you, to have feelings for you.” He said quietly.

“F-feelings?” Jessica asked in shock.

“I admired you from a distance, never daring to come any closer. I know you may not want a relationship right now but please just let me help you Jessica.” Donghae pleaded. In silence Jessica just nodded. Donghae smiled and ran to the stove to warm up the soup he brought. He brought it in a bowl and offered it to her. When she didn’t respond he took a spoonful and blew on it to cool it down a little. She sipped a little but didn’t take the whole spoonful which concerned Donghae. She was already too thin so he coaxed her to eat more.

Little by little he managed to coax her into finishing the bowl. Once she did he set about warming up the place; putting the heaters on and bringing a thick blanket to wrap around her. Jessica watched him as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter