Rainbow (Hyohyuk)

One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You who brought the rainbow into my life...

 

He’d never seen a girl quite as beautiful as her in his life.

 

You caught my eyes with your rainbow hair, your carefree smile and the way you laughed. Like bells pealing through the air, music to my ears and soul.

 

He stared at her hair, shining bright in the sun. All the colours of the rainbow upon it.  It was strange but somehow she pulled it off, bringing a piece of the rainbow with her wherever she went. She stood out amongst the students in the college campus.

 

You who taught me to free myself from my worries...

 

“C’mon Eunhyuk!” She laughed as she pulled towards the fairground.

“Yah Kim Hyoyeon! You’re an adult but you act like a child!” Eunhyuk scolded. Hyoyeon just laughed in his face.

“If I don’t get to be a child at the fair then where else can I be a child?” She asked.

“How about never? We’ve grown up, we can’t act like children all the time.”

“Everyone needs to let go at some point Eunhyuk. Just let go.” She entwined her hand with his and led him inside the fair.

 

You who taught me how to smile, to laugh...

 

“Eunhyuk you’re smiling!” Hyoyeon gasped and clapped in delight.

“So? What’s the big deal?” Eunhyuk asked back.

“It must be the fair. It always has that effect on people! Come on!” She grabbed his arm and tried to drag him away to other rides.

“Or maybe it’s just you.”

 

You, Kim Hyoyeon, my best friend...

 

“An infinity necklace?”  She asked as Eunhyuk put it around her neck.

“Because I want us to be together forever.” Eunhyuk smiled.

“Aish so cheesy!” Hyoyeon elbowed him.

“Only cheesy for Hyoyeon.” He shook his head and laughed. Hyoyeon laughed too.

“This is why you’re my best friend. Now and forever!” She smiled happily and leaned on his shoulder. Eunhyuk’s smile grew a little strained as he whispered:

“But what if I want to be more?”

 

You, Kim Hyoyeon, my dancing queen...

 

“And first place is.... Kim Hyoyeon!”

Cheers erupted throughout the stadium as she went up to collect her prize. Her hand was covering her wide open mouth and she was beaming. The host gave her a large bouquet of roses and handed her the trophy.

Eunhyuk watched from afar whooping and cheering like everyone else for this dancing queen. But in his eyes, no matter how bright the trophy shined in the spotlight, there was one thing that shined brighter than all the stars in the galaxy put together.

Hyoyeon’s eyes. Twinkling and shining as she beamed at the crowd enjoying her moment of fame. His heart thudded loudly as he cheered for her. Almost as if she heard him cheering she looked at him and blew him a kiss.

In that moment Eunhyuk’s heart flew out of his chest.

 

And I wanted to be your king...

 

“We’re a good match aren’t we?” Hyoyeon asked as he spun her around to the music.

“Who could look at us and say we weren’t?” Eunhyuk said cockily.

“Arrogant as always,” She shook her head in amusement, “You haven’t changed since college.”

“Why would I? I’m perfect as I am.” Eunhyuk threw his head back and ran his hand through his hair.

“Of course you are monkey.” She muttered under her breath. Eunhyuk’s head snapped towards Hyoyeon.

“What did you say?” He asked.

“Nothing.” Hyoyeon replied quickly. Eunhyuk started to tickle her; his long finger brushing over her skin quickly.

“Eunhyuk stop it!” Hyoyeon squealed.

“Tell me what you said!” Eunhyuk grinned madly.

“No!” Hyoyeon tried to push him away but she was much bigger.

“C’mon tell me!” The afternoon was filled with laughter and happiness.

 

But you broke my heart...

 

“So you like him?” Eunhyuk asked. Hyoyeon nodded and smiled at the ground shyly.

“I like him. I really like him.”

“Doo-joon?” Eunhyuk repeated slowly.

“Yes. He’s so kind and handsome and funny,” She practically glowed with happiness, “You’ll help me right?” Eunhyuk couldn’t refuse looking into those eyes, as much as his heart pleaded him to say no.

“Of course.” He nodded. Hyoyeon’s eyes grew brighter as she beamed at him. Eunhyuk smiled back but it didn’t extend up to his eyes which, if she looked carefully, reflected his broken soul.

 

You never noticed me and it hurt...

 

“He said he loves me!” Hyoyeon squealed over the phone. Eunhyuk’s legs failed him and he slumped onto the couch.

“He said what?”

“Eunhyuk he said he loves me! Isn’t that wonderful?” She breathed happily.

“Y-yeah. It’s great.” He said half-heartedly.

“Are you okay? You sound weird.” She asked curiously.

“Yeah yeah I’m fine.  Just tired from choreographing.” He shook it off.

“Oh okay. Make sure you get plenty of rest. Bye!” She said brightly.

“Bye Hyoyeon.” She cut off the phone call leaving him staring at the phone.

“When will I get a chance to tell you I love you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter