The Icing on the Cake (Sookey)

One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung always wondered who the man was that came to the cafe every day. He never talked much; he just ordered his cakes and sat at the table surveying the cafe. She loved watching him when he did that; the way his eyes drifted over everything and everyone captivated her.

“Yah are you going to help or make goo-goo eyes again?” One of the other servers, Nicole, snapped at her. Sooyoung blushed heavily as his eyes snapped towards the sound and eventually they found Sooyoung. She didn’t know whether she was imagining it or not but she felt a crackle of electricity go through her as she locked eyes with him. Unwillingly she dragged her eyes away from him.

“I’m coming!” She headed towards the voice.

Nicole was at the back covered in flour making cakes.

“Can you go deliver this plate to Table 6? I’m drowning in all this baking and I can’t keep track of the orders.” She sighed while pouring cake batter into the tins.

“You should’ve let me do the cakes you know.” Sooyoung sighed whilst picking up the tray.

“I wish I did. You’re so good at this baking stuff!” Sooyoung laughed and took the tray out of the kitchen.

 

Key was waiting for his regular order of cakes and coffee when he heard the loud voice.

“Yah are you going to help or make goo-goo eyes again?” His eyes went to find the voice but instead he found the girl at the counter looking at him. Her fringe covered her forehead but it didn’t detract from her bright eyes. He found himself staring into them until she turned away with a faint pink flush on her cheeks. Key smirked to himself and went back to watching the customers.

That was the best part of coming to this cafe. It was a little far from his workplace but he loved it. Key could see so many unique characters and they entertained him for hours on end.

“Umm sir?” A small voice snapped him out of his daydream. He looked up to see the girl from the counter with his order on the tray. He was a little surprised, normally she would stay at the counter or in the kitchen.

“Thank you.” Key thanked her and watched as she put the plate and cup down. He smiled a little as he saw the cup shaking.

“You don’t have to be nervous. I’m not that scary.” Key assured her, amused. He saw a little smile appear on her face as she bowed to him.

“Wait before you go,” She turned around nervously “How much are the baking classes advertised?” She looked shocked for a moment before answering.

“We offer a taster session for 20,000 won. It’s an hour and thirty minutes.” Key smiled.

“I’d like to apply for the earliest class possible. Could you arrange that?” He asked nicely.

“Y-y-yes let me go ask the manager.” Key smiled at her retreating back.

 

“Mr Oh there is a customer who wants to come for the baking classes.” Sooyoung said as she headed into the office in the back.

“Really? I think he’s the first one. No-one else seems interested.” He said in surprise.

“He wants the earliest class possible. When is that?” Sooyoung asked. Mr Oh consulted his books before replying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter