Chapter 06

The Black Pearl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Three days into the Annual Divers’ Training and it was obvious that Minseok had taken enough insults for him to want to throw a boiling hot soup at their faces. On the other hand, Jongdae was pretty happy with the students other than the fact that Youngmin and Donghoon are more or less slacking off during fitness sessions, that’s if they even came. Their slacking was starting to irritate him.

 

An alarm rang at five in the morning and Minseok rolled over, covering his ears from the blaring sound. Jongdae rolled over on the upper bunk and tried hitting Minseok with his pillow, but accidentally throwing it to the other side of the room on the desk.

 

“Wake up Minseok.” Jongdae grumbled, sitting up on his bunk.

 

There was a muffled sound under Jongdae and he crawled down the ladder. He picked up his pillow and threw it at Minseok who only groaned.

 

“Wake up, goodness gracious.” Jongdae grumbled once more and turned off the alarm clock. The older mumbled something incomprehensible right before Jongdae entered the bathroom to wash his face.

 

When the younger came back, a lot more awake, he found Minseok snoring away, hugging both pillows like a baby.

 

“Wake up before I leave you alone to deal with Youngmin and Donghoon.” Jongdae threatened.

 

“I'm up.” Minseok slurred as he quickly sat up and stumbled clumsily out of his bed.

 

“Don't dare you leave the YoungDong Duo with alone me.” Minseok said, messing up the words in his half awoken state. Jongdae only chuckled as he changed into shorts and got his jacket.

 

***

 

At five thirty in the morning, the two divers waited outside the students’ cabins for the four of them, the morning chill leaving Jongdae shivering. Sehun arrived first with a poker face, as usual, and Yoonmi came out right after, her hands tucked into her jacket pockets.

 

“Good morning.” Minseok chimed brightly and the two students only responded with a nod.

 

“It's too early and cold for this morning to be good.” Jongdae muttered, jumping on the same spot for quite a while already.

 

“Party pooper.”

 

It was past a quarter to six and the YoungDong Duo still haven't come out yet. Even the two young blooded students  started jumping around shivering.

 

“Can't we just ditch those two? They've been neglecting our fitness training ever since we started three days ago.” Minseok asked, “Life would be a lot easier without them.”

 

“We can't.” Jongdae said monotonously.

 

“We can't just have Yoonmi and Sehun shiver and suffer because of those two.” his partner retorted. Jongdae couldn't even understand why his partner wasn't shivering himself.

 

Jongdae glanced at him and thought for a while. The two students turned to the two teachers, waiting for the outcome of Jongdae’s decision.

 

“You go with Yoonmi and Sehun first. I'll wait for the two.” he finally said.

 

Minseok was pretty surprised at his decision. He could have been the one that stayed behind because he was never cold, but it was probably because Jongdae knew how much he didn't wanted to stay behind to wait for Youngmin and Donghoon.

 

“Thank you.” the older said to Jongdae before motioning the two students to follow him. Sehun lingered a little behind, looking between the two divers before following Minseok. When they left, Jongdae started warming up by doing some little exercises.

 

***

 

Some time had passed and Jongdae was so worked up he wasn't even cold anymore. Another factor that made him warm up was the rising sun, but the push ups he did in anger to warm himself was more effective.

 

He checked his wristband for the time, but it was blank for some reason. Forgetting the wristband, he looked at the sun and reckoned it was nearly seven in the morning. Youngmin and Donghoon were really testing his patience.

 

Jongdae couldn't understand them. He clearly told the four students that he and Minseok would be waiting outside at 5:30 for a run. What was so hard about that?

 

When Minseok and the two come back, that was when Jongdae cracked and furiously went towards them.

 

“Do one of you know which room Youngmin and Donghoon are in?” Jongdae asked, clenching his teeth, trying to stay professional.

 

“They haven't come out yet?” Minseok asked in great shock.

 

“Hey!” A voice called.

 

Jongdae turned to the voice owner and saw Youngmin and Donghoon. He furiously walked to them, ignoring the Good Morning Sunggyu said to him.

 

“Jongdae!” Minseok called, but the younger didn't stop.

 

“You bast*rds!” He yelled and grabbed Youngmin’s collar.

 

“What did we do?” Youngmin innocently asked.

 

“This bast*rd doesn't even know what he did wrong.” Jongdae muttered and tightened his grip on the collar.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter