Acknowledgement

Sunggyu drabbles

 

Pride swells in his heart as he watches his dongsaeng’s performance. Finally! Myungsoo gets the long overdue recognition. Sunggyu is extremely grateful their boss sent Myungsoo for the for King of Mask Singer program. Nobody now can deny Infinite’s visual credibility as a singer and not just tag him as a pretty face only. Sunggyu feels he can finally let go of the guilt that has been following him all this time since debut for being partly responsible for the criticism the younger received for his singing. He remembers the fateful day he had concurred to their management’s decision.

 

“I want to talk to you first before telling the boys. We have decided on the group’s debut date.”

 

He can barely contains the excitement that is trying to burst out of his body, this is what he has been working so hard for. This is the goal every member has worked towards, shedding sweat and tears, sacrificing much to achieve this dream.

 

“We have discussed and there are some changes to be make before your debut.”

 

Sunggyu flinches at the words. Are they going to leave him out of the group? Is that why he is here now? Are the next words going to be his death sentence?

 

“The group has trained hard and now possess the potential to make it in this cut-throat business. However, with so many idol groups debuting every now and then, the question is how to stand out from the crowd? We have seen many good artists that couldn’t survive and it is not because they are not talented. Rather, they lacked uniqueness that make them memorable to the audience. We do not want to make the same mistake. We need to work on this for your group.”

 

Relief that he is still going to debut, Sunggyu listens intently on what is the company’s plan for them. The boss wants them to perfect their dancing, synchronising their every move. Sunggyu nods his head, no matter how many more hours they need to pour into their practise, he believe the members will be willing. The next point has him in doubt though, they want Myungsoo and him to change the way they sing. Sunggyu isn’t really sure about the change, he knows it probably make them more identifiable but it is not entirely a pleasant change. He is sure both of them are going to get Antis just for this.     

 

“You are the leader and you have to do what is best for the group. I believe you are strong enough to deal with it. As for Myungsoo, haven’t you always praised him for his resiliency? I’m sure he will handle it equally well with you being a good example.”

 

The sudden hugging bought him back from his thoughts. Myungsoo is wrapping himself around him, demanding his attention.

 

“I did good right, hyung?”

 

Sunggyu hugs his dongsaeng back. Just as expected, when Infinite debuted, he was blasted for his nasal singing and Myungsoo for his anime-like singing. He has been feeling sorry all this while, knowing he could have spare the younger from all the criticisms if he had not agreed to the company’s idea.

 

“Yeah, you did really well. I’m so proud of you.”

 


  

Frankly speaking, I didn't really appreciate both their voices when I first started listening to Infinite. But as I listen to more of their songs, I found they don't really always sing like that. It's just always very prominent in their album title track. I then realise I can probably identify a song to be Infinite if I hear their voices. Sunggyu has shined with his 2 solo albums and I'm so glad Myungsoo had his chance also.

Thanks for reading and comments are always welcome!

@ TeenTop_Angel678, hellofanfics & Deavea : You are not alone. I'm the lunatic writer who is smiling super widely because of your comments!