Sub-unit

Sunggyu drabbles

 

“Sunggyu, you do know the fans are getting impatient waiting for us to announce contract renewal and the group’s comeback, right?”

 

The leader nods his head.

 

“I suspect the company, especially me, will be receiving dead threats soon if this drags on.”

 

Sunggyu also wonders why the whole thing is taking so damn long. He and Woollim have long agreed on the terms of his contract. The other members though, he seriously has no idea who is having problem with the negotiation since everyone have make a pact not to influence each other’s decision. But he guesses the boss is going to reveal the answer to him.

 

“Boss, you do know that we have agreed to negotiate individually and I am sticking by their decision no matter what. I trust they are old enough to make wise decisions and not make outrageous demands.”

 

“Well, I won’t say they are outrageous but how to I put it? Conflicting interest is the word I guess. It is better you read their request yourself.”

 

The boss opens the side drawer and pulls out a stack of files, handing them over to Sunggyu. He stares at the files and wonder should he be doing this. Curiosity and his boss prompting gestures makes his decision a quick one. He flips open the first file. It starts with the usual things stated in contract and he finds nothing peculiar that would had hindered the contract signing. The leader looks up at the boss questioningly.

 

“Look at the last page.”

 

Flipping over the pages and Sunggyu finds a handwritten note.

 

“Hmm… allow for no make up on stage. Well, that isn’t so bad, right? Anyway, he had been doing it for some time so I don’t think this is a problem.”

 

The boss nods his agreement and Sunggyu continues reading.

 

“The next sub unit must be Infinite Hyung and the hyung line stops at me. Is there a problem with this request? I think our music will be interesting.”

The boss only sighs and gestures for the leader to read the next file. Sunggyu once again finds a hand-written note after flipping through the pages.

 

“Another solo. Well, that’s was in the plan, isn’t it? Must debut Infinite V for the next sub unit … Oh, I am sure you can work out something with both of them.”

 

Sunggyu remarks optimistically only to find his boss frowning at his words. He opens the third file and immediately flips to the last page. This time, it is a neatly typed page.

 

“I’m sure we will be promoting Infinite H so no problem with that. Ahem … he also wants to debut Infinite G … That could be a problem.”

 

His boss gestures to the rest of the files. Sunggyu simply opens all and flips to the last page. He finds Sungyeol requesting for Infinite SS (Sunggyu & Sungyeol), Myungsoo’s request for Infinite A (Acoustic) and Sungjong’s request for Infinite LM (Leader & Maknae) and all of them have stated they want the next sub unit debut to be their group. Sunggyu doesn’t know whether to laugh for being so loved by s or cry because his sleeping time is going to be non-existing.

 

“How do you suggest we settle this problem since you are involved in all the cases? I have tried to negotiate a sequence for the sub unit debuts but the boys are refusing to buck. Everyone insisted they need to be the first.”

 

Sunggyu ponders for a short moment before smiling confidently. He starts typing in his handphone and soon sends out a message to the members. He stands up after returning all the files to his boss.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure this can be resolved very quickly. We can’t keep Inspirits waiting.”

 

A week later, Woollim announces that Infinite has renewed their contract and is in preparation for their comeback!

.

.

.

“I am really curious. What did you actually tell the boys?”

 

Sunggyu smiles and displays the message.

 

“Someone just approached me to be the lead singer for a new band in his company. Sounds interesting!”

 


I want the boys to have ample time to think through their decision but I am getting impatient at the same time. So this is a silly little something that my mind conjure up to tide over this period. But seriously, I really wish to see Sunggyu having sub units with all the members. The dimension of things will be so different in each group :p

Inspirits, let us all hope for the best ^^

@ anjellie_ka : Glad that you find these drabbles worth to be re-read. Hope you will like this update too!

@ Deavea : Of couse I did not forget my other stories. Having a few days study break so writing as much as I can. I have already updated Hogyu! 

As usual, leave me some comments. Thanks!