Misconception

Sunggyu drabbles

Link 1     Link 2     Link 3     Link 4

 

It’s not the truth, at least he thinks it isn’t the truth but everyone seems to believe it. Everyone thinks he hates his leader. Maybe not hate, that’s too strong a word to use, dislike might be a more appropriate word. Some even describe their relationship to be awkward, proven by the limited interactions between the leader and himself. He definitely doesn’t dislike his leader, in fact, he looks up to his hyung very much. Sunggyu has always been his role model.

 

Then what had happened that resulted in this predicament? Thinking hard as he stirs the contents in the pot, he guesses maybe it started with the constant “Yah! Lee Sungjong!” during the filming of ‘Birth of a family’. Or was it because of the leader’s slave like attitude towards him in ‘Sesame Player’? Most of these are scripted for program effects, he doesn’t think anyone will take it seriously but apparently he is so wrong.

 

Of course he can’t denied he played his bullied maknae character too well in all shows, especially ‘Weekly Idols’. The famous beating of the ’Sunggyu’ bear is one of such cases, shocking the poor leader who was holding the bear. Though truthfully, all of his hyungs love to in their own ways but the leader has always been the favourite to be singled out as the bully. The reason is simple, their leader is the only one who is able to take the bashing from everyone without ever making the situation awkward. Sometimes he really feels sorry for his hyung but that’s how all shows are.

 

And there’s also himself trying to project a cool and mature image which means he can’t constantly seek attention from his leader, like the rest of the members. There are times though when he forgets about his image and runs to his hyung. Like the time when he jumped into icy water during a game while filming ‘High Society’. He had immediately seek the warm of the leader who gladly indulged him. Or the time when he had beaten Woohyun at a game of Kai Bai Bo during ‘Infinite Showtime’. In the moment of ecstasy, he had head straight to the leader for celebration.

 

Come to think of it, there were actually many of these Gyujong moments since he has subconsciously looks for his leader when experiencing extreme emotions, may it be happiness or embarrassment. It’s just that they were often overshadowed by interactions of the Bunny and Hamster, aka the Woogyu pair which no doubt is the favourite ship of their fans. Sungjong has to admit not many can resist the charm of two cute fluffy furballs.

 

“Jongie! Stop taking your own sweet time. I’m hungry! Where is my ramen?”

 

Sungjong restrains the fleeting thought of dumping the pot’s contents on his hyung’s head as he exits the kitchen. No, he really does like his hyung but tonight, ‘Sunggyu bear’ will have to take brute on behalf of the real person, again.

 


 

I'm late again. Happy 6th Anniversary to Infinite! Looking forward to more years with the guys!

Saw a post about the two being awkward with each other. They may not be the best of friends but I think they do have a good relationship. I mean Sunggyu does tease the maknae a lot, to the extent of mimicking the younger’s posts with funny replicas. Typical actions of a playful older brother but it also means he is paying attention to the younger. Sungjong had also mentioned he actually talks to Sunggyu the most on serious matters. So I do believe they are much closer than what we see on the screen.

Thanks for reading. Comments please.