CHAPTER 03

Off Limits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter Three[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

I sat at the cafeteria and Chaewon sat in front of me.

 

 

“How long do you think that brat will last in this industry?” I asked.

 

“As much as I don’t like him, I have to admit his acting is flawless. He also looks good in anything he wears so he can be used as a model too. Although we know his true personality, the public still has a very good image of him because of all the variety shows he guested on. They even think his airheaded-ness is cute” she snorted “His fake airheadedness” she corrected “But with all of that in mind, I think his career is pretty stable” she analyzed.

 

I bit my lip, “I know we had this conversation earlier today, but I really don’t think I can continue being his manager”

 

“You are getting paid triple of what my mother pays you to look after that guy so it might be worth it” she shrugged

 

My eyes widened, “Triple?!”

 

She nodded, “My mother already pays you a pretty high amount because you are both my manager and ‘babysitter’- although I don’t like to use that term” she rolled her eyes, “But since our new boss figured, it was much more work to work with him than with me, he decided he needs to at least pay you triple”

 

“Wow…” I calculated in my head

 

Oh my god, I’m going to be rich! If it’s for money, then I can control myself until the movie ends.

 

“Also, after this paycheck, our boss will be paying you instead of mother” she said “And after the filming for this movie ends, you might get a raise”

 

All that was in my head was money now, “Chaewon, you really know how to get me motivated”

 

She smirked “We haven’t been together six years for nothing” she chuckled and for a second I thought I was talking to someone my age.

 

“Are you really nine?” I asked “No, you’re almost ten!”

 

She quietly nodded.

 

“Are you parents coming back?”

 

She stopped eating and shook her head, “They have work” even if she tried to act like she didn’t care, I still saw the pain in her eyes.

 

“Oh…”

 

She shrugged, “But so do I, so it’s not a problem”

 

“Then I guess you get to celebrate with me” I said.

 

She groaned, “Do we need to celebrate it?”

 

I gave her a look “Of course we do! I promise I will buy the cake this time instead of baking it”

 

She pursed her lips.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter