Comfortable

You (태양처럼)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"SO you'll come help me, right? Right?! Oyy, dongsaeng!"

Isabelle face palms herself as she walks toward the school gates after ending class. She had missed a couple calls from Doojoon during lecture and just as she was about to call him back, he coincidentally ended up calling again as soon as she stepped out of class. Apparently Kyunsang and Yoobi are having their twice a month night out and had left Dabin with their parents, but their parents decided to have a little escapade of their own, so Doojoon, the stay-at-home bachelor was blessed with uncle duties tonight...and somehow he ended up calling Isabelle to co-babysit. Why he called her- a long lost cousin whom he just met for the first time- of all people was beyond her. But nonetheless, she didn't have any homework tonight and Dabin was really adorable... What else am I going to do tonight? I’ve finished my exams, so I don’t have to study. And it’s not like I had any plans. Also, if I don't go, who knows if Dabin will be okay under Doojoon oppa's care...too risky.

"I'm on my way to the subway station," she answers finally.
"Assa~ (awesome)!" Doojoon exclaims. "See ya soon, dongsaeng! We live in Seocho too. I'll text you our address. Also, bring some snacks on the way, would ya? Thanks!"

Before Isabelle can say anything, Doojoon hangs up and she's left with silence. Wow, real slick. Isabelle sighs before slipping her phone back into her pocket as she descends the stairs into the station. Her phone vibrates and she digs it out to see Doojoon's text with his address. Her phone vibrates again in her hand. Don't judge, but...her heart kinda skipped a beat when she saw who the second text was from...

(Not so) Annoying kid now Izzy~ you finished your exams, right? Tutoring Jinhyeongie tonight or nah?

Isabelle swipes the screen to respond.


Today 5:37 PM

Izzy~ you finished your exams, right? Tutoring Jinhyeongie tonight or nah?

Nah.

The not so annoying kid responds back almost immediately.

Then what are you doing tonight? ;)

Isabelle unconsciously smirks as she types furiously... Ew, please put that grease away ...before rereading her message and deleting it to start over, wiping that smirk off in the process when she catches herself slipping.

Today 5:37 PM

Then what are you doing tonight? ;)

Babysitting.

Whose baby??

My cousin's.

Ah, okay. Have lots of fun! Take pics and send them my way :DD

Isabelle snorts and is about to slip her phone back in her pocket and finally continue walking (she had unknowingly stopped against a wall once she got into the station) when she decides to type another message. What are your plans for the night? Isabelle clicks send and quickly shoves her phone in her pocket, scanning her metro card then scurrying down the stairs as if running away in embarrassment. She doesn't check her phone until she has reached her stop, bought snacks, and needs the address of her uncle's place.
 

Today 5:41 PM

What are your plans for the night?

:O I can't believe you asked me! I told you you liked me :') 

Band practice! 

Today 5:58 PM

 

Mah frans say hii

Isabelle actually chuckles out loud. Wow, you're so~~ attractive. Isabelle types before thinking twice and deleting her message. Am I actually trying to joke around with Brian right now?? Isabelle exits her chat with Brian to find the address Doojoon had texted her when someone calls out her Korean name. She looks up to see Jinwoon with a girl walking toward her.

"Oh, Jinwoon oppa!" Isabelle greets in surprise.
"Yijin-ie, I thought that was you!" Jinwoon eye smiles.

The girl beside him is eye-smiling as well with a matching huge grin on her lips. Isabelle bows when they stop in front of her.

"This is my girlfriend Nicole," Jinwoon introduces the bright girl. "Cole-ah, this is my cousin, Yijin-ie."
"Nice to meet you!" Nicole greets in English. "I heard you're from Canada."
"Yeah," Isabelle answers. "And you're from the States?"
"Mmhmm!" Nicole nods.
"What are you doing out here in Seocho?" Jinwoon asks, eyeing the bag of snacks in Isabelle's hand.
"Oh, Doojoon oppa wanted help watching Dabin. He also asked for me to bring snacks." Isabelle raises the bag in her hand.
"Eo?" Nicole her head. "We're going to help him too."
"Hm, this is interesting." Jinwoon rubs his chin before shrugging. "We can go together then."

Isabelle nods. As Jinwoon leads the way to the apartment complex, Nicole chats with Isabelle. And because Nicole is so bubbly and seems to be genuinely interested in getting to know her, Isabelle feels herself loosening up a bit- kind of like she did with Brian- taking steps by answering questions and even asking a few about Nicole herself. Jinwoon also joined in the conversation here and there so by the time they got to Doojoon's apartment, Isabelle actually got quite friendly with her cousin and his girlfriend.

"Come in, come in~" Doojoon says when he opens the door, waving them in.

The three of them enter the living room to see Jinhyeong sitting on the floor with Dabin in his lap.

"Eo?" Jinwoon's eyebrows raised in surprise.
"Jinhyeong's here to help too?" Nicole inquires, amused.

Jinhyeong eye smiles. "Hyung, Cole-ie noona, Yijin-ie noona- you guys came?"

"The more the merrier, you know?" Doojoon shrugs before lightly slapping Isabelle's shoulder. "Good to see you, dongsaeng, you got the goods?"

Isabelle gives her close-lipped smile and lifts the full plastic bag in her hand.

"Dae~bak," Doojoon exclaims, grabbing the bag and looking in. "You're the best!"

Isabelle sits down beside Jinhyeong and Dabin, who both smile at her. Isabelle smiles back and her head at Dabin, reaching out for his little hand. He babbles happily and begins crawling off Jinhyeong's lap toward Isabelle.

"Aw, it looks like he really likes you, Yijin," Nicole squeals while sitting on the couch.

Isabelle smiles as she pulls Dabin into her arms.

"Thanks, noona," Jinhyeong says, jokingly sarcastic. "We were having a moment there."
"Sorry," Isabelle states. "The kid chose who he wanted!"
"Oo, got em!" Jinwoon chuckles beside Nicole.

Jinhyeong laughs and leans back on his hands. "So Doojoon hyung...why did you need so many people to help you babysit?"

"Well, for one-" Doojo

Please log in to read the full chapter