Like That Sun

You (태양처럼)
Please log in to read the full chapter

IT'S the Friday of Day6’s Live Club Day performance and Isabelle is finally in attendance. She had originally wanted to come with her cousins and Nicole, but they all ended up being busy- so here she is, alone, and feeling mighty uncomfortable as more and more people pile into the club. Isabelle stands off to the side near the front of the stage with her arms tight across her chest. She looks around to gauge the size of the crowd when she spots a familiar face. Just like last time. It wasn't her imagination. Isabelle narrows her eyes and stares at her subject until he notices her and stops in his tracks. It's like they're having a staring showdown, all the while his expression is like that of a deer caught in headlights. Isabelle finally sighs, releasing her hard glare, and waves Minhyuk a little closer.

"You're here for the band?" Isabelle asks, as he stops a distance away.
"Yeah, Day6." Minhyuk nods slowly. “...You like them too?"

Isabelle nods. "Just...find another spot on that side, would you?"

Minhyuk follows Isabelle's pointed finger to the opposite side of the club. He nods and slowly backs up.

“Enjoy the show. And, uh, sorry again," Minhyuk says before turning and disappearing again into the crowd.

Isabelle blows out a breath of relief. Wow, how did I do that? But wait, this is too much of a coincidence. Minhyuk... Could he be Brian's Minhyuk hyung? No way... Just then, the Day6 members walk out onto the stage and she spots Brian. Brian quickly scans the crowd and his eyes fall on Isabelle. They lock eyes and he flashes that bright grin, and it’s enough to reassure her and set her at ease. She smiles back and mouths a “Good luck” to him. He nods and winks at her.

“How’s everyone doing tonight?!” Sungjin greets the crowd with his Busan warmth.

The crowd yells and claps in response.

“Nice to see you all!” Sungjin continues. "We’re a band called Day6, just a group of friends who love music and telling relatable stories, but ultimately just like to have fun. So let’s have fun tonight!”

The audience screams as Dowoon hits his drumsticks in rhythm, counting off before Wonpil comes in on vocals and synthesizer as well as Jaehyeok on the keyboard. Day6 goes through a few original songs as well as covers with their own twists. Isabelle is thoroughly impressed and enjoying her time, especially admiring Brian on stage. At times, he’s flowing with coolness and oozing charisma, but others he just looks like a cute little kid jumping around and having fun. Another song ends and instead of going in to the next song, Brian grabs his microphone as he looks out into the crowd.

“Is everyone having a good time tonight?!” He asks.

Everyone yells and claps. Brian’s deep chuckle fills the club as he laughs into the mic, causing the fuzzies to fill Isabelle’s stomach.

“Awesome. Well, this next song is about and dedicated to a certain special someone...” Brian says as his eyes narrow in on Isabelle. “She didn’t always smile around me, but whenever I got a glimpse of it it hit me like the sun. I’m glad I get to see it more often nowadays. This song is called ‘Like That Sun.’ Hope y’all like it.”

The people in the crowd all hoot and holler while Isabelle is a warm, blushing mess. So he did make a song out of it… Isabelle makes sure to pay attention to the lyrics.

Every morning when I open my eyes
The first thing that I think of
The only thing in my mind
Is you
When I’m looking at you
When our eyes meet
My face grows hot but
Feels so nice

Dodododododo
There isn’t a single day
Dodododododo
That I can live without you baby
Dodododododo
I’m waiting all night
For the morning sun to rise
My heart races at the thought of seeing you

Wa, so ecstatic
When you quietly look at me
I fall for you again
Wa, just looking at you
Makes me feel good
I wanna be with you forever

Like that sun baby

Brian strays his eyes from the rest of the audience to look solely at Isabelle as he sings.

Melt my heart with a bright smile

Isabelle can feel her cheeks flaming up, but she can't deny the smile on her lips.

Like that sun baby

Brian flashes her finger hearts and Isabelle savagely "flicks" them back.

Shine brightly into my day

Brian's grin widens and he winks before going back to minding his bass.

I love every moment I’m with you
When I said that, you said it was corny
You pretend to hate it but you secretly like it
I see it in your smile, too great
Too Lifted
I’ll end up like Icarus
I wanna be by your side
Even if I burn black
I can’t help but to hold on, reason is
Cause I’ll miss you
Too damn much

Dodododododo
There isn’t a single day
Dodododododo
That I can live without you baby
Dodododododo
I’m waiting all night
For the morning sun to rise
My heart races
at the thought of seeing you

Wa, so ecstatic
When you quietly look at me
I fall for you again
Wa, just looking at you
Makes me feel good
I wanna be with you forever

Like that sun baby

Please log in to read the full chapter