Transparent

You (태양처럼)
Please log in to read the full chapter

THE next day, Isabelle wakes up entangled with Brian under his sheets. She tilts her head up to see his sleeping face in slight surprise before rolling onto her stomach and seeing his laptop still open in front of them. They had watched a few movies last night and apparently ended up falling asleep together. She shuts the laptop before laying back down on her side with a warmth growing in her cheeks. Just then, Brian shifts around in bed, stirring awake. He opens his eyes to see Isabelle laying beside him and he blinks at her with a sleepy grin.

"Izzy," he says with a deep, husky morning voice.

Isabelle eye smiles and inches her body closer and snuggles into his chest. Brian smiles lazily as he wraps his arms around Isabelle and rolls onto his back while pulling her on top of him. She buries her face into his neck, feeling the warm fuzzies in her stomach yet a little embarrassed at the same time. They kissed yesterday. Well, she pushed him away after that, but...they kissed nonetheless. They also spent the night together...innocently. And it felt good. It feels really good. Damn, when did this all happen?

"Aw, is Isabelle Yoon feeling shy?" Brian chuckles.
"Shut up, Brian." Isabelle's voice is muffled in his neck.
"You like me, don't you?" Brian teases, ruffling her hair. "I'm so sure you do."

Brian pokes Isabelle in the sides, causing her to pop up with a start. He grins up at her and she scoffs, straddling him and sitting up.

"Come on, just admit it~" Brian prods, poking her some more.
"Stop poking me~" Isabelle whines.

Brian raises an eyebrow, challenging her. "Or what?"

Isabelle rolls her eyes and moves to get off, but Brian pulls her back down by her hips, keeping her there on top of him. She scoffs before looking down at his handsome face. Brian catches her staring and his grin grows wide as he wags his eyebrows at her. A smile perks up on Isabelle’s lips as she unconsciously reaches out to run her hand through his long, silver-gray hair, pushing it back from his eyes.

“Like what you see, Izzy?” Brian smirks.
“Oh, shut up,” Isabelle says halfheartedly, enjoying running her hand through his hair.
“Why don’t you make me?” Brian grabs her wrist and gently tugs on her arm with a twinkle in his eye.

Isabelle lets Brian pull her down to him with a smile before pressing her lips to his waiting- not to mention inviting- ones. The kiss is short and sweet as Isabelle gently gives Brian’s bottom lip a little nibble before pulling back to look down into his eyes.

"Like I said..." Brian states triumphantly, his eyes bright. "You like me, Izzy."

Isabelle sighs and shakes her head. "Back at it again?"

"Just say it," Brian prods, going back to poking her sides. "If you admit it, I'll stop bothering you..maybe."
"Okay, fine!" Isabelle groans, sitting up and grabbing his hands. "I do...isn't it obvious?"

A smile slowly forms on Brian's face. “So when’d you stop hating me?”

“I never hated you…” Isabelle denies slowly. “Hate’s a strong word."

Brian chuckles and looks up at her shy face in sort of giddy amusement. Isabelle plays with Brian's fingers as she looks down at their hands. As she gathers her thoughts, she presses her lips together into a thin line before a soft smile curves them up slightly.

"You were annoying at first, but that's just because I spent a lot of time alone the past two years and didn't know how to deal with you," Isabelle explains, peeking at Brian's face. "You were so intentional with me and so fervent that I didn't know how to reciprocate that- or rather, I didn't want to reciprocate it. I was scared of taking risks, of getting hurt, so I resorted to hostility. I didn't think I needed friends, or anyone for that matter. Truthfully, I didn't even want any...but you...oh gosh, you..."

Isabelle purses her lips and links her fingers with his. Brian side-smiles back, enjoying seeing Isabelle in this state, opening up to him about her feelings and even touching him- holding his hands.

"What about me? Whatchu tryna say?" Brian questions jokingly.

Isabelle rolls her eyes playfully. "Brian Kang, you- You're like the sun, for a lack of a better analogy- you're so bright and so warm. Drawing closer and melting in your presence was inevitable. I think you have that kind of effect on people. My parents, Jinhyeong, and me...you got to me...and I fell for you."

"Man, you're a poet, huh? Like the sun, eh? Nice." Brian nods smugly. "Expect your words becoming the lyrics to our next upcoming song."

Isabelle raises an eyebrow and releases Brian’s hands to give his cheeks a brief squeeze. "I just said I like you and that's all you have to say?"

"Hey, I had to force that out of you," Brian retorts with a chuckle and reaches up to rest his hands on her hips. "But in all seriousness... I first saw you at the convenience store with your hair tied up all messy and sweaty. You were at the ice cream section talking to yourself, asking whether to buy two or just one. You were so cute, and you actually took my suggestion and bought two-"

Isabelle shakes her head disapprovingly. "You like your girls chubby, huh?"

Brian chuckles and slides his hands down to Isabelle's . "A little bit."

Isabelle gasps and slaps Brian on the chest. "Byuntae (/ert)!"

Brian grins and moves his hands back to her hips. "I just left that night without talking to you and I regretted it. But later, I saw you again by chance and I thought it was fate. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get to know you. You ended up being the meanest and sassiest girl alive. I don't know why I continued to pursue you or even liked you, but I did. You were headstrong, independent, confident in yourself, and so brave. Despite being a little rough on the edges, I knew that deep down, your heart was pure and kind, but I just had to get past the walls you built. Needless

Please log in to read the full chapter