Good Ole Feelz

You (태양처럼)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"WHERE are you headed in such a rush?" Brian asks. “From your stomach growls- dinner, I presume?"

Isabelle frowns. "You never heard that."

"Oh, but I did. Loud and clear.” Brian snickers. "Come on, let's go eat."
"Didn't you eat at Urban(e)?" Isabelle asks, heading toward the stairs without Brian.
"That was just an afternoon snack," Brian says, scrambling for his stuff to catch up with Isabelle. "So where do you want to go?"
"Who said I would eat with you?" Isabelle scoffs.
"Come on, don't be so hostile," Brian pleads before smirking. "I'll buy you ice cream afterward."

Isabelle gives Brian a weird look as they head down the stairs. "Are you bribing me to be your friend?"

"Nope! Because we're already friends. Come on, Izzy~" Brian wraps an arm around Isabelle, to her dismay. "I'll buy you as many ice creams as you want."
"Why are you so adamant on buying me ice cream?" Isabelle asks as she tries to shrug Brian's hand off her shoulder.
"Because for some reason it seems like you like ice cream a lot," Brian says offhandedly before waving to Joe with his free hand. "See you later, Joe!"

Joe smiles and waves from behind the counter. "Aiite, bro, take it easy. Hope to see you again, Izzy!"

Joe winks, eyeing Brian's arm around her shoulder. Isabelle smiles stiffly at him and does a small wave. When they step out onto the street, Isabelle tries to shrug Brian's arm off again but he doesn't budge. Isabelle blows out a breath of frustration before letting shoulders fall limply, having given up.

"Sorry, I feel a little bad." Brian grins before releasing Isabelle and stuffing his hands in his pockets. "So what does our little Izzy want to eat?"

Isabelle turns to look at Brian with a tired expression before facing forward again, shaking her head. Tutoring Jinhyeong for four hours straight is about the longest she's had to talk and interact with someone recently. She was drained and needed to recharge by having some time to herself. Brian's face falls and he runs his hand through his hair. The two of them mindlessly walk up the street in silence. Brian scratches the back of his neck, feeling awkward, before slowing his steps. Isabelle slightly glances back when she doesn't notice him beside her anymore.

"Hey Izzy- er, Isabelle," Brian says softly, the most unconfident Isabelle has ever heard him sound, making her stop in her tracks and turn to him. "I'm sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable. I just really like you...I don't usually act like this, but it just happens without me knowing. Um, if you want me to leave, I'll leave- no hard feelings..."

Isabelle merely blinks up at Brian, soaking up his words and feeling like she was just doused in cold water. When Isabelle doesn't respond, Brian takes a step back.

"Well...I guess I'll see you around," Brian states with an awkward smile.

Brian waves before swiftly turning and walking away. Isabelle bites on her bottom lip as she watches his back. Wow, I feel terrible. Did you see the look on his face? The happy-go-lucky, confident Brian turned into a sad, timid puppy. You've finally done it, Isabelle Yoon. He may have been a little annoying, but you have to admit, Brian is one the friendliest and brightest people you've met thus far. Yet you done the soul out of the poor boy and now he's walking away from you. Isabelle feels a tug in her heart and notices as the distance between them increases by the second. Isabelle sighs and begins walking after him, first slowly, then her steps quicken and her strides widen. Without her knowing, she's suddenly jogging until she's a few steps behind Brian then she slows to a walk. He hasn't noticed her presence yet. Isabelle takes a deep breath before striding up beside Brian, falling into step with him. He looks over in surprise.

"Izzy..." He breathes out.
"Sorry," Isabelle mutters.
"What?" Brian raises an eyebrow, having not heard clearly.
"I'm...sorry," Isabelle says louder.

Brian's eyes widen. "No...don't be..."

Isabelle sighs and tucks her hair behind her ear, unsure of her own feelings and emotions and actions and just everything. Why does she care so much about Brian's feelings? Why does she want to talk and give excuses all of a sudden? However, all of that...won't come out. The words are swirling through her head- how she's an introvert, how she was hurt by people she cared about, how she was just plain tired of being around people, not knowing if they really care or not- but she doesn't have the willpower to let them out. At least not yet.

"Halmoni's restaurant," Isabelle suggests. "Let's eat at halmoni's restaurant."

Brian slowly breaks out into a grin. "I knew you'd come around."

Isabelle rolls her eyes. "Let's just go."

"Ne!" Brian salutes, all smiles again.

Good, there's that smile. Brian's back to normal. Why do I feel so relieved? Isabelle purses her lips, trying to fight a smile as her stomach feels strangely warm- and no, it's not some kind of digestive problem...pretty sure it's the feels, y'all. Good ole feelz.

—x—


"Oh!" Ayeon exclaims upon seeing Brian and Isabelle walk through the door. "You guys came back!"

Isabelle smiles with closed lips, her cordial smile, at Ayeon and gives a small wave.

"Yeah, of course!" Brian replies with a grin. "Hey, how are you doing?"
"Fine, thank you~" Ayeon blushes slightly before ushering them to a table. "Sit, sit."
"Thank you," Isabelle says politely.
"Thanks, Ayeon-ie." Brian winks.

Ayeon smiles, but her face turns flush again. Isabelle blinks rapidly for a few seconds as she feels a weird twisting in her stomach. Seriously..again? No, no, no, Izzy! You cannot actually be jealous, right now, right? Over Brian? Pfffttt, pshhh. Just look at him! Isabelle eyes Brian with his grin and purses her lips. Crap, he's cute. Okay, but physical attractiveness is nothing; what's important is his character-

“Halmoni, annyounghaseyo!" Brian calls out happily when he sees her coming over with a tray of side dishes. "Let me help you with that."

Isabelle observes as Brian quickly gets up and rushes over to take the tray out of Halmoni's hands.

"Aigoo, cham." Halmoni lightly smacks Brian on the shoulder. "Yah, young man, this is my job; what are you doing?"

Isabelle mentally face palms herself. Double crap...he's got the character and personality too, remember? BUT. The dude is annoying! ...Yeah, that's it! Brian annoys you to no end. He's greasy and nosy and- Nah, nah, nahhh; girl,

Please log in to read the full chapter