Netflix & Chill

You (태양처럼)
Please log in to read the full chapter

WHEN they get to Brian's apartment, the effects of the alcohol have slowly begun to wear off on Isabelle. Now that she's standing in front of Brian's door, she's wondering what she's doing going to his place, where they're bound to be alone and awkward- what with the connotations of being alone in a private space with the opposite . Isabelle blinks rapidly and shakes her head as she hugs her pint of ice cream to her chest. Oh no, I should have just gone home. Darn you, alcohol.

"My roommate's home," Brian informs as he turns the key, as if reading Isabelle's mind.

Isabelle internally sighs in relief. At least we won't be alone. Brian pushes open the door and there's a 'thump' as the door had hit something.

"Ack!" A voice cries.
"Jae?" Brian calls out when he sees his roommate standing on the other side of the door, rubbing the top of his head. "What were you doing behind the door?"
"Tying my shoe, getting ready to go out, you big meanie!" Jae whines in pain before his eyebrows shoot up upon seeing Isabelle. "Oh! Iz- I mean, Isabelle! Hi!"

Isabelle does a small wave. "Hey, Jae."

"Nice, you remembered my name!" Jae smiles.
"Where are you going?" Brian questions, taking notice of the duffel bag on his shoulder.
"Suwon, to visit my relatives," Jae answers with a sigh. "Man, I told you, remember? That's why we're not performing this weekend- duh, Brian."
"Oh, right... This late at night though?" Brian asks.
"Yeah, I was supposed to leave earlier, but my cousin's driving us and he got caught up with some stuff." Jae checks his phone that lit-up with a message. "Gotta run, he's waiting downstairs. See you Monday, roomie. Nice seeing you, Isabelle! Have fun, you two! Use protection!"

Brian punches a laughing Jae as he runs out the door. This hyung has got no chill! Isabelle purses her lips. Okay, yeah...maybe this was a bad idea. I'm also sticky from the club and getting a little tired... This situation just isn't ideal. What do I do??

"Sorry about that, uh... Come in!" Brian's voice breaks Isabelle's thoughts. "Welcome to my humble apartment!"

Isabelle wordlessly enters in and sets down her ice cream as she unstraps the gladiator flats she borrowed from Nicole. Oh..I forgot that my shoes, my clothes, and my bra are at Nicole's place! I guess the next time I see her..? Brian shuts the door, which shifts Isabelle's thoughts again. It's all very innocent, Izzy. I'm sure Brian's not that kind of guy. We're...friends! He said it, not me. Unless my worries are actually speaking of some hidden desire... Crap, I think they are. Oh no, the alcohol really got to me... Oh crap...I might just be dangerous in this state...

"Can I, uh, take a shower?" Isabelle asks when she gets her shoes off. "I feel really sticky and I need to wake up a little."

Brian stares at Isabelle with raised eyebrows. "Uhh...yeah, sure...do you need a change of clothes?"

"Um, yes, please," Isabelle replies awkwardly.

Brian nods and strides to his room while Isabelle waits outside in the living room, pacing around anxiously. She tastes around and frowns. I need to get this alcohol taste out of my mouth too... Isabelle remembers the tub of ice cream in her arms and heads to the kitchen to place it in the freezer. She looks around and notices that Brian and Jae keep their kitchen pretty clean and neat...unless it's because they don't use it... Isabelle wanders back to the living room as Brian emerges with a stack of clothes and a fresh towel.

"Would you happen to have a new toothbrush too?" Isabelle inquires innocently.

However, Brian's mind runs wild. Whoa there. Does this mean what I think it means? Actual Netflix and chill? No, no, no. This is Isabelle Yoon we're talking about. There's no way she actually wants to... But she wants to take a shower...and brush her teeth...? Before watching Netflix and "chilling"?

"I still have remnants of the tequila taste in my mouth," Isabelle explains. "It was a bad idea drinking that. It's pretty gross."

Brian's eyes widen in realization. "Gotchu."

Brian heads to the bathroom and sets the clothes and towel on top of the toilet before bending down to open the bottom sink drawer. He gets out a new toothbrush and sets it on the counter. He's about to leave when he stops and turns back to get his own towel and toothbrush. Just in case. Man, the perks of having two bathrooms. Smart idea, Jae. Smart. Idea.

"I put the clothes and towel in there for you," Brian informs Isabelle when he walks out. "And your toothbrush is on the sink counter."
"Thank you," Isabelle says appreciatively.

Brian grins. "No problem. The boxers are new by the way!"

Brian waits until Isabelle closes the bathroom door behind her. Once she does, he bolts over to his room to grab himself a fresh change of clothes before running over to Jae's personal bathroom to shower as well.

—x—


When Isabelle finally finishes showering, she observes the clothes Brian had gotten out for her. A baseball shirt and boxer shorts. That's a pretty thin and white shirt right there. This might get a little awkward. She looks down at her bare body, her wet hair dripping, and then glances at her dirty clothes on the floor. Well, I can't wear those pasties because apparently I got really sweaty and lost one of them. And I'm definitely not about to recycle my underwear...oh gosh. I could just ask for a hoodie too. As for the boxers, it may get a little uncomfortable for me, but at least Brian won't know. Isabelle nods confidently and throws on the clothes before wrapping her underwear and the remaining pastie in the dress. She exits the bathroom, expecting Brian to be in the living room, but he's not there. After stuffing her clothes into the small purse she left on the couch, Isabelle shuffles softly to the door left ajar that she had seen Brian going in earlier. She knocks softly.

"Come in." Brian's voice permeates through the door.

Isabelle pushes the door open to see Brian sitting on his bed with damp hair, a towel around his neck, and his back against the wall, looking at something on his phone and an open tub of ice cream beside him. Wait...that's-

"Brian!" Isabelle yells, stomping over. "My ice cream!"

Brian sets down his phone and smiles sheepishly at Isabelle. "Sorry, I got bored while waiting for you to finish. I got you a spoon though!"

Isabelle pouts but takes the spoon and tub of ice cream that Brian extends toward her. She scoops a spoonful into while looking around at his room. The walls are all bare except for the one above his desk, which is next to his bed, where he's pasted up a lot of pictures of him and his friends, she assumes. The top of his desk is almost bare with just a stack of textbooks and his laptop on it. In the corner of the room stands an acoustic guitar and on the floor beside it two cases, one probably for his bass. The wall across from his bed is a wooden sliding closet and that's it. Neat and simple. Isabelle turns back to look at Brian and they lock eyes, Brian having been watching Isabelle observe his room. She smiles awkwardly and Brian grins at this. He pats the seat beside him and Isabelle blinks at his bed and raises her eyebrows.

"Aren't we going to watch

Please log in to read the full chapter