Boys Will Be Boys

You (태양처럼)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Annoying kid

Saturday 9:08 AM
Izzy! What are you doing today?

Saturday 4:37 PM
Izzyyyy~ helloooo?

Saturday 7:09 PM
Miss Isabelle Yoon, you are cordially invited to come watch my band and I perform just off-campus at Urban(e) on Dongho-ro tonight, 10pm. Be there or be square~

Sunday 1:23 AM
Sigh. I'm very disappointed, Izzy.

Sunday 1:25 AM
Don't worry, I don't hold grudges tho. Sleep well, Izzy-ya~

Sunday 11:12 AM
Morning, Izzy~ Got any plans tonight? Wink-wink.

Sunday 3:40 PM
If you're free tonight... Come watch Day6. Dongho-ro. Urban(e). 9pm. Be there.

Sunday 3:41 PM
Please :)

Today 1:12 AM
:(
 

—x—


Isabelle walks out of the science building, having just finished class. She shades her eyes as she squints up at the sky, the sun shining warm and bright. As she walks toward the university union, her phone vibrates in her pocket. She pulls it out and glances at the screen, thinking it's Jinhyeong, whom she's on her way to meet, before making a face and slipping it back in her pocket.

"Wow," a sadly all too familiar voice catches Isabelle's attention. "So that's how you treat my texts?"

Isabelle looks up to see Brian walking toward her, his phone in hand.

"Man, I see how it is." Brian raises an eyebrow. "I'm hurt, Izzy."

Isabelle sighs and walks off. Unsurprisingly, Brian falls in step with her.

"So...where are you off to?" Brian asks as if he didn't just witness her ignoring his text message.
"The UU," Isabelle mumbles.
"Cool, me too," Brian answers before widening his eyes. "Wait, did you just respond to me? Damn, am I dreaming or what??"
"Don't you have a class to attend?" Isabelle asks in exasperation.
"Nah, I'm done for the day because my professor cancelled lecture." Brian beams. "How about you?"
"What about me?" Isabelle frowns.
"You still have class or nah?" Brian asks, holding the door to the UU open for her.

Isabelle shakes her head. Wait, am I actually responding to this guy right now? I must be out of my mind...

"Then you're grabbing a late lunch?" Brian guesses.

Isabelle shakes her head again. Crap, I did it again!

"Early dinner?" Brian raises an eyebrow.

Isabelle briefly shuts her eyes in annoyance and doesn't respond.

"Early dinner it is, huh?" Brian claps his hands together. "Perfect, I haven't eat-"
"Noona!" Someone cuts Brian off.

Brian shifts his eyes from Isabelle to see a tall, lean boy with a handsome face and cute eye smile, who looks fresh out of high school standing in front of them. Who is this kid?

"Oh, Jinhyeong-ah," Isabelle greets with her tight-lipped, dimpled smile.

Brian looks from Isabelle to the young boy and back while Jinhyeong does the same between Isabelle and Brian. Omo, noona-dongsaeng relationship? Like in the dramas? Crap, I'm sounding like Dowoon.

"Is this your dinner date?" "Who's this hyung?" The two boys ask at the same time.

Isabelle sighs at the complicated situation. Do I really have to introduce this unnecessary guy? Nope!

"Jinhyeong-ah, uri kaja (let's go)," Isabelle says, taking a step to walk away.

Isabelle takes a couple steps before turning around to see Brian and Jinhyeong still standing in the same spot. Are they seriously...

"Nice to meet you, hyung!" Jinhyeong bows. "Je ireumeun Jung Jinhyeong imnida (my name is Jinhyeong Jung). I'm Yijin-ie noona's cousin."
"Ah, nice to meet you!" Brian smiles. "I'm Younghyun, but you can call me Brian."
"Uh...ne, B-Br...Younghyun hyung." Jinhyeong eye smiles sheepishly.

Isabelle furrows her eyebrows at the scene and reluctantly goes over. Seriously? How do guys "bro-up" so quickly? No, Jinhyeong. Save yourself from this guy! He'll annoy you to no end.

"Come on, Jinhyeong," Isabelle says, waving him over.
"So are you two grabbing dinner?" Brian asks.
"Maybe," Jinhyeong answers, glancing cautiously at his fuming noona. "But right now, noona's supposed to be tutoring me."
"Ahh." Brian nods.
"Hyung, d-do you want to come too?" Jinhyeong asks cautiously.

Brian pointedly looks at Isabelle with her blank expression, just done with everything by now, and agrees. "Sure!"

Isabelle rolls her eyes and starts walking. "Fine, let's just go."

Jinhyeong looks relieved and smiles at Brian. "Thanks, hyung."

Brian raises an eyebrow. "Why are you thanking me?"

"Honestly," Jinhyeong lowers his voice. "Yijin noona kind of intimidates me, so it'll be more comfortable with another person there. Even though I just met you, you seem cool."

Brian snorts, causing Isabelle to look back in suspicion. What the- I swear they just met! Boys... He merely grins at her while Jinhyeong's face flushes pink, afraid that she had heard him.

"Where should we go?" Isabelle asks, quickly turning away from Brian (his grin can do things to a person, man...).
“Want to stay on-campus or go off?” Brian clarifies.

Isabelle shrugs and looks at Jinhyeong, who scratches his head.

“Off-campus,” Jinhyeong chooses.
"I know the perfect study cafe." Brian snaps his fingers. "Follow me."

—x—


"Brian, eyy!" The man behind the cash register greets. "What can I get you today?"
"Afternoon, Joe! Can I get the chicken katsu, please?" Brian orders before turning back to look at a confused Isabelle and Jinhyeong. "You guys want anything? My treat."

Jinhyeong snaps out of it and nods slowly. "Can I get a cheese tonkatsu?"

Brian looks at Isabelle. "Izzy?"

"This is your idea of a study cafe?" Isabelle raises an eyebrow.
"Trust me." Brian makes a show of rolling his eyes, mocking her. "So you want anything or not?"

Isabelle shakes her head. Brian shrugs before turning around to pay. What is this guy?? After paying, Brian leads the two cousins to the back of the restaurant/cafe/whatever it was- which is simply decorated with white walls, brown wooden flooring, white tables, and hanging lights- and down a hallway, where there's a broad staircase.

"Um, hyung?" Jinhyeong clears his throat. "Are we allowed to be here?"
"Of course!" Brian exclaims, waving his doubts away. "Trust me~"

Isabelle and Jinhyeong warily climb up the stairs after Brian and they arrive in a spacious room with strings of lights and lanterns hanging from the ceilings, circular rugs and bean bags strewn across the floor, and musical instruments with amps and stereos set up on a stage on the far side. Isabelle looks around in surprised confusion.

"Whoa, what is this place?" Jinhyeong asks, eyebrows high on his forehead.
"It's our study place!" Brian grins. "Although on the weekends, all the stuff on the floor disappears and it turns into a pretty poppin' music venue...welcome to Urban(e)!"

Jinhyeong eye smiles, impressed by the room. "I like it."

Brian grins proudly and looks over at Isabelle who catches his eye.

"I mean, it's alright, but where are the tables?" Isabelle frowns. "How is this a place for studying?"
"Hey, it's comfortable, okay?" Brian slides his backpack off his shoulder and plops down on a beanbag. "You can just use the floor or your laps."

Isabelle stares blankly at Brian. Again, what is this guy?

"It's okay, noona," Jinhyeong tries to appease Isabelle. "I have a binder I can write on, it's all good."
"Okay," Isabell

Please log in to read the full chapter