Chapter 11: Finally Here With Me

Safe & Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why?”

Donghae braced himself above Ryeowook, drawn into those dark orbs that never mirrored his. Why, he wondered, why was it so hard to make the human fall in love with him? Donghae slid his fingers on Ryeowook’s cheeks, slowly tracing his cheekbones down to his small lips. He could do this forever, stay here forever taking his time to mesmerize every part of this perfect human.

“Please Hae,”

Those eyes, they never mirrored his ones because Ryeowook had fallen for someone before him. The emotions that Ryeowook carried in his eyes whenever he was with Donghae was different. Donghae knew that, he could clearly see it. Pushing himself onto his elbows, Ryeowook gazed into the vampire eyes, pressing his lips softly against Donghae’s. And just like that, Donghae found himself lost, lost in love again.

Sighing in defeat, Donghae nodded. “Alright.”

“But I don’t like it.”

Ryeowook smiled, “Why?”

“Hmmm,” Donghae sat back, dragging Ryeowook until he was on his lap. He nipped at the human’s lips before he moved down to trail soft kisses down his lean smooth neck. “You haven’t answered my question yet.”

“Why do you want to see Kyuhyun?”

At the mention of the name, Ryeowook’s body tensed. His grip on Donghae’s shoulders loosened as he sat back, face void of any emotions. “I have to.”

“His friend just died, Donghae.” Ryeowook continued, speaking softly. “He needs me.”

Donghae nodded, avoiding Ryeowook’s gaze.

“A vampire did it.” Ryeowook continued fearfully, “I… I saw the body.”

Ryeowook squeezed his eyes, gripping Donghae’s shirt. The images of Kangin’s dead body sprawled out had been playing in his mind ever since he saw it a week ago. Whenever he tried to sleep, the images would haunt him. Kyuhyun’s friend was covered in blood, his clothes were ripped apart and some of his bones were out of place. It was too gruesome. But it was strangely familiar, all of it. As Ryeowook stood amongst the group of students who had gathered to look at Kangin’s body, a strange sense of déjà vu hit him hard. The bloody body, the torn and tattered clothes, the blood splattered on the walls… Kangin’s death was exactly like his parents. Ryeowook ran back to his room, pushing past everyone. He couldn’t breathe, he wanted to break down, he needed someone to hold him, he needed Kyuhyun to hold him just like how he did when he first found him. Only, when he got back to his room he realized that… Kyuhyun wouldn’t hold him like that anymore, now it was Donghae.

A vampire did it. But it wasn’t only a normal vampire according to rumours, it was the dark prince. Everyone was talking about it in hallways, in classes, in the cafeteria. Ryeowook had no idea what a dark prince was or why everyone associated Kangin’s death with a dark prince. But Henry told him everything about the dark princes, the vampire was just as curious as everyone else of who had killed Kangin and why Kangin.

After the incident, rules were instilled for students to return back to their room straight after classes and dinner. No one was allowed loitering around hallways after seven. Kangin’s death remained a mystery even to the teachers. Some parents after finding out about the incident brought their children back home afraid that if there really was a dark prince or a killer in this school. Kangin’s funeral was held in the school hall and although Ryeowook was not close to the vampire at all, he still attended it. He wanted to give his support to Kyuhyun. But the vampire was not present. Ryeowook could not remember the last time he even saw Kyuhyun.

“The dark prince,” Ryeowook begun quietly, “Do you know about them?”

Donghae smiled against Ryeowook’s lips, “I’ve heard about them.”

Ryeowook thought about what Henry had told him about the differences between the victim of a dark prince and a normal vampire. He swallowed a lump in his throat, hating that all these images of Kangin and his parent death coming back into his mind. Could it be? Were his mother and father killed by one of them?

“Do… Do you think they’re really here?” Ryeowook asked, shuddering.

“There’s only one of them left, sweetheart.” Donghae cupped Ryeowook’s face, “And I think he’s here, somewhere in this school.”

Ryeowook’s eyes widened, “What?”

“More people are going to die,” Donghae softly spoke, lips hovering over Ryeowook’s. His cold breath send a shiver down Ryeowook’s spine.

“But I’ll make sure you’ll never be one of them.”

***

Sleep,

Kyuhyun had no idea when was the last time he had a proper sleep. Every time he tried, the images of Kangin’s dead body would haunt him, nightmares of Kangin and Donghae and Ryeowook and Heechul and his parents and everyone he knew came haunting him. Sometimes he found them dead, other times it was them who found him lifeless.

Kangin’s death was a reminder for him that the dark prince existed and he was here, somewhere in this school. Kangin’s death was familiar and it wasn’t until his eyes found Ryeowook in between the crowd of students around Kangin’s dead body. Ryeowook’s face was pale and frightened and Kyuhyun knew why. Kangin’s death was familiar because it was the same as Ryeowook’s parents.

Kyuhyun wanted to be there for Ryeowook, he wanted to pull the boy into his arms, he wanted to kiss away his fears. But he couldn’t move. He was glued in place as he tried shaking Kangin’s body. He tried to wake him up, he tried to slap him even. But the vampire was lifeless, the vampire was gone. Kyuhyun dared not believe it, he refused to believe it. Kangin must have been playing with him. He waited, he waited every single day. But it was almost a week now and … Kangin was still gone.

The death of one his closest friend shook him. His friend was murdered minutes after he was just with him. It was too unexpected, too sudden. Every time Kyuhyun thought about it, his stomach churned in the worst way possible. Kangin’s death was too much for him, his heart was filled with so much grief and pain.

A knock on his door startled him and he got up wondering idly who it was. It could not be Heechul, the boy was just as shaken as he was. Ever since Kangin’s death, they stopped talking. Kyuhyun didn’t know why but he knew that the other was having a hard time just as he was. Both of them refused to go out and face the other students. The sympathetic stares of everyone was too much. Everyone knew that whenever there was Kangin, there was Kyuhyun and Heechul. Now, there was no such thing.

When Kyuhyun opened the door expecting to find Sungmin who had forgotten his keys, he was thrown off guard at the visitor. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter