Chapter 3: Breathtakingly Exquisite

Safe & Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kim Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook stood and awkwardly made his way to the booth after his name was called. He thanked an old woman behind the glass counter quietly when she passed him a piece of paper and he proceeded back to his seat, staring at the paper.

Elf – Courses Available

1.Biology: Anatomy & Physiology

2.Business: Organizational Behaviour

3.Business: Principles of Management

4.Science: Natural Science

5.Science: Earth Science

6.History: History of Creatures

7.History: History of Vampires

8.History: History of Elves

9.Environmental Science: Humanity Awareness

10.English: English Literature

11.Music: Song-writing & Composing

Ryeowook pressed his temples, looking through the rest of the list of classes available. Finally, after reading through them again, Ryeowook picked his pen up and hesitantly ticked the classes that sounded interesting to him. He would have to sit for these classes for a whole year and Ryeowook prayed that he wouldn’t regret choosing any of the seven classes. Once done, Ryeowook read through his options again and nodded to himself. He stood and handed the old lady the paper, turning around to head back to his dorm.

Out of habit, Ryeowook walked with his eyes locked on the ground. He had learnt – the painful way- that vampires hated to be stared at and thus, kept his eyes down casted whenever he was out of his dorm. Vampires picked on him either way and Ryeowook decided that he was better off not looking at them while he walked away. Today was no different, he walked quietly and quickly back to the door and avoided lingering anywhere around the school.

When Ryeowook entered his shared dorm, his roommate was on his bed lying on his back. Ryeowook greeted Kyuhyun with a warm smile and Kyuhyun grunted in response. “Where’d you go?”

Ryeowook tilted his head, “I told you before I left didn’t I that I was going to pick my classes today?”

Kyuhyun grunted in response again and Ryeowook continued, “I didn’t know what classes to choose, there were so many and all of them looked so interesting! What did you pick, Kyu?”

Ryeowook knew that his friend had gone and done so the day before with some of his new friends he had met. Kyuhyun never asked him along but Ryeowook understood that Kyuhyun couldn’t simply bring him along, he was an elf and Kyuhyun was a vampire after all. They weren’t supposed to be friends. Kyuhyun shifted in his bed and yawned, listing out the classes he had picked sounding almost bored out of his mind. Ryeowook smiled knowing that Kyuhyun would pick mostly maths and sciences classes.

“Oh, did you say that you’re taking Psychology of Adulthood?” Ryeowook’s eyes brightened. “I did too!”

Ryeowook grinned wide at the thought of being classmates with Kyuhyun, with a friend he felt familiar with. However his smile vanished when he spotted Kyuhyun’s odd sudden change of behaviour on the other bed. His friend looked unhappy and Ryeowook felt himself shiver when he caught Kyuhyun’s sharp fangs, appearing from his lips. As fast it appeared, the fangs disappeared and Kyuhyun grunted before turning around on his bed ending the conversation with his soft snores.

***

“I’m so ing grateful that we won’t have to share classrooms with those losers.”

One of Kyuhyun’s new friends, Heechul, spat as he drank the red clear liquid blood juice. Kyuhyun raised his brows, not catching what his friend was saying and Heechul jerked his chin towards a table with a group of elves.  Kyuhyun’s scanned through them and noticed Ryeowook wasn’t with them and then he chuckled to himself, thinking why would Ryeowook even be with them. That kid was a loner for life.

“What are you talking about?” Kangin grunted, “They just improved the classroom arrangement this year.”

“What do you mean?” A girl who had been tagging along them asked. Now that Kyuhyun noticed, he never bothered asking her what her name was.

“They’re going to be putting vampires and elves in the same classes from this year onwards. There won’t be separate classes anymore.”

A bunch of “what” and “” and “what the hell” echoed through the table, all the vampires in disbelief over the news. What the ? Kyuhyun clicked his tongue in annoyance. if that were true that he was going to be classmates with Ryeowook for a few classes at least. , was there really no way out of this idiot’s wrath? Gritting his teeth, Kyuhyun scanned through the canteen for his roommate and just like always, his eyes immediately found the kid, sitting at an empty table having his lunch alone. God, just the sight of that fat pig was enough for Kyuhyun to want to kill someone.

“Hey there, can I sit with you?”

Kyuhyun raised his brows in question when he noticed a guy with messy light brown hair and chubby cheeks tapping Ryeowook’s shoulder and asking if he could sit with him. He narrowed his eyes and focused on both of them, grateful that there weren’t lots of people in the canteen right now so it was a lot easier for him to eavesdrop them. Ryeowook awkwardly nodded and the guy took h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter