Chapter 6: The Sky Up There

Safe & Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was spending the night in a library.

Kyuhyun never thought that this day would ever come. Unfortunately for Kyuhyun, he had been so distracted over the past few weeks that he had forgotten all about a report that was due the next morning. The report was on History of Vampires and he couldn’t rely on any source on the internet to get it done. No, he had to go to the damn library and find the information he needed.

“Here ya go! That should be enough, shouldn’t it?”

Kangin dumped a dozen of thick books onto the table, taking a seat as well. They were both working on the report together and Kyuhyun wasn’t surprised that his friend had also forgotten about the report as well. Kangin hated anything that had to do with reading or studying or basically just doing any work. The muscular guy was more of an athlete.

“We’ll divide the parts alright?” Kyuhyun then took out a highlighter, “You’ll do the first three points and I’ll do the last three.”

Kangin grunted and nodded, both of them too sleepy and exhausted. They’ve been working on the report for two hours already. It was so different, strikingly different spending the night partying at Cube and spending the night doing school work in the library. After a few minutes of silent typing, Kangin groaned and looked at Kyuhyun.

“Why did we decide to do a report on the Dark Princes again?” Kangin grumbled, grabbing one of the books he had found. “It’s too complicated.”

“Because,” Kyuhyun answered confidently. “I said so.”

Kangin grunted and muttered something about how stupid Kyuhyun was before he continued flipping through the books. Kyuhyun too, grabbed a book and flipped through it. After reading a paragraph, Kyuhyun looked up to his friend.

“Do you believe in them?” Kyuhyun questioned curiously. “In the Dark Princes?”

Kangin shrugged, “I don’t know.’

“Do you think the seventh Dark Prince is still alive?”

“I don’t know, man.” Kangin leaned back against his chair, his eyebrows raised. “As far as I know, there hasn’t been any cases of human death caused by vampires.”

Kyuhyun swallowed. Yes, there were….

“It says right here,” Kangin pointed at the book he had been flipping through. “After the disappearance of the seventh Dark Prince, most vampires stopped feeding on humans. There hasn’t been any case of human death caused by vampires since then. The Dark Prince, if he’s really alive… He would be feeding on humans and killing them, shouldn’t he?”

“But…” Kyuhyun looked around to make sure that there wasn’t anyone around them. “I know of some humans getting killed by a vampire.”

“What? Really?”

“Ye.. Yeah. They were my neighbours… I… It was vampire that killed them.” Kyuhyun bit his lips and touched his neck. “I saw the marks.”

“Aw man, that sounds sick.” Kangin said, looking both excited and disgusted at the same time. “Could it be… Do you think it was the Dark Prince? Holy !”

“I.. I don’t think so? I mean… I don’t know but… I don’t know. It might just be some other random vampire passing by. The book said that most vampires stopped feeding on humans… Not all.”

Kangin shrugged, not really bothered by the thought of the seventh Dark Prince being alive at the moment since he had other more important things to worry about and that he seriously needed to finish this damn report so that he could get some damn sleep. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, leaned back against his chair, an uneasy feeling swimming in the depth of his gut. Ryeowook’s parents were killed by a vampire. Kyuhyun saw it, he remembered the images of the bloodied bodies vividly. His parents had told him that it was just a vampire but…. But what if all this time... All this time, they were hiding the truth from him, that it wasn’t just any vampire, it was the seventh Dark Prince. Was that the reason his parents were so hell bent on protecting Ryeowook? But then again, it could have just been any other vampire. Like what was said previously, most vampires stopped feeding on vampires but not all. Perhaps, a starving vampire had passed through the neighbourhood and Ryeowook’s parents just happened to be its victim at the moment. But it still brought about an unsettling feeling and without realizing, Kyuhyun was pushing himself forward, grabbing a book and flipping through it to research more about the Dark Princes. Something just felt abnormally wrong and Kyuhyun swore, he was going to get to the bottom of this.

***

Miraculously, Kyuhyun and Kangin was able to get the report done by four thirty and bid goodbye before going off their separate ways. They had a couple of hours to catch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter