Chapter 2: Vampires vs Elves

Safe & Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook nodded absentmindedly chewing onto his bottom lip as he listened to Mrs. Cho, his head full of questions but he didn’t know where to even start. Gosh, he was going to a school full of mythological creatures!

Ryeowook knew that Kyuhyun was a vampire but he wasn’t exactly sure himself what other creatures actually existed. He tried to question Kyuhyun but Kyuhyun always hated talking about it. All he knew was that dear lord, vampire actually existed! Vampires actually existed and no, they were not afraid of garlics or sunlight. Kyuhyun ate just about everything fine and appeared completely normal when he’s under the sun. Ryeowook expected Kyuhyun to melt or scream or maybe even sparkle but he never did. Kyuhyun drank blood though and at first, it scared the hell out of Ryeowook whenever Kyuhyun and his family did that in front of him. But Mr. and Mrs. Cho assured Ryeowook that they were the kind of vampires that only drank animal blood and that the ones that drank human blood were viscous evil vampires. Ryeowook knew a bunch of other information about vampires too but still, he was so curious. He wanted to know more but all he got was always a grunt as a response from Kyuhyun.

“Ryeowook, did you understand everything I’ve just explained to you?” Mrs. Cho asked, face etched with uneasiness.

“It’s a lot of things to digest.” Despite that, Ryeowook smiled generously and nodded. “I will be fine, Mrs. Cho.”

“I’m glad, honey.” Mrs. Cho patted Ryeowook’s dark brown locks.

“Are you sure this will work out?” Kyuhyun interrupted, his voice booming. “Ryeowook just can’t pretend to be an elf forever! What if they find out that Ryeowook’s actually human?”

Kyuhyun’s mother reassured him but Kyuhyun continued integrating her of how sure she was that the plan would work out. Ryeowook was honestly confused but he didn’t want to press on the matters. Things were already complicated enough, he refused to burden Kyuhyun’s parents even more. While Kyuhyun bickered with his mother, Ryeowook proceeded to their luggage, popping them open and carefully sorting their clothes and belongings into dark metal lockers by the wall.

SM Institute wasn’t what Ryeowook thought it would be. But then again, everything wasn’t what Ryeowook thought they would be. He was living with a vampire, a real living vampire and that enough was already bizarre. Ryeowook predicted SM Institute to be a castle with moving staircases, magical creatures running around, explosions at every corner of the building and maybe even flying broomsticks. But instead… The school looked just about like any other school back in Seoul. Granted, it was huge but it wasn’t a castle. It was pretty much a normal building despite it being on an absolute remote deserted island. The dorms looked pretty normal too. All the room had two single beds, lockers and a study table. Nothing was even remotely fascinating and Ryeowook had to admit, he was a little disappointed when he found that there were no school uniforms and that the students here did not walk around in cloaks. Dammit, he really wanted to wear them!

“Come and give me a hug, Ryeowook. I’ve got to go now.” Mrs. Cho called Ryeowook over, pulling him into a hug. “You’ll be fine, ne?”

Ryeowook nodded and thanked her before releasing her and walking her out to the hallway along with Kyuhyun. Mrs. Cho waved them goodbye and disappeared into the ocean of families sending their child off to start the new term.

***

“Vampires hate elves.”

Kyuhyun had to hold back a snicker. No, it wasn’t that vampires hated elves, everyone knew that. But it was more like the vampires in SM hated elves. SM Institute used to be a school only for vampires but had recently allowed elves to enrol too and it was a ing disgrace. Vampires were known as one of the strongest creatures on earth and elves… Well, they were pretty much useless. No, they weren’t short, neither did they have sharp pointy ears but they were just lost cause who happened to be offspring from any two mythological creatures. You know how some people were blessed with good genes and some others cursed with horrifying terrible genes? Well elves were the latter case, cursed with having both mythological creatures as parents but born human. Elves however were known for their fast-healing abilities and their amazing aesthetics for the arts. Overall, elves were complete losers and everyone and anyone knew that if you enrolled as an elf into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter