Chapter 1: Introductions

Safe & Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 Years Later

Cho Kyuhyun hated it.

Kyuhyun loathed having a weakling cemented by his side all the freaking time. Wherever he went, whatever he did, the fatass was always next to him with his nerdy black rimmed glasses falling down his nose. It seemed no matter how many ways Kyuhyun had tried getting rid of him, life would just swing the other way and he would still end up with that ing loser at the end of the day.

When High School ended, Kyuhyun partied hard. The thought of finally graduating High School and moving on, moving somewhere remote and getting rid of his stupid neighbour was thrilling and Kyuhyun counted down to the days where his parents would have to break the news to the fatty that Kyuhyun was going to SM Institute.

A school only for people like Kyuhyun, creatures like Kyuhyun.

And that normal Humans were forbidden to step a single foot into the Institute.

But boy oh boy, his life was ed alright. Because look at that, Ryeowook was coming with him.

The ugly cry-baby was coming with him. When Kyuhyun’s parent told Kyuhyun that this was the only way for them to protect Ryeowook, Kyuhyun went berserk. What the ? The boy was twenty! Surely, he could live his ing life on his own right now! So what if his parents died, so ing what? He got over it! Plus, SM Institute was for vampires. How in the ty world would a mere human and dear lord, not just any human, Ryeowook of all humans, survive in a school full of vampires? He’d be dead the moment he tried stepping into the damn school!

“What do you mean protect?” Kyuhyun half-yelled in disbelief. “He’s going to be in a school full of blood- creatures!”

“Kyuhyun, we are responsible of Ryeowook’s safety.” His father tapped Kyuhyun’s hand. “You know that.”

“No, we’re not.” Kyuhyun huffed. “It’s been three years! The vampire that killed Ryeowook’s parents made no attempt of coming back and finding Ryeowook. So there, he’s probably dead.”

“Honey,” Kyuhyun’s mother smiled, warm and tenderly though her eyes were pressed with determination. “It’s final. Ryeowook is going to SM Institute with you.”

Kyuhyun dragged his feet back to his shared room, defeated. How long was this going to last? How long was his family going to keep this up? The idiot that killed Ryeowook’s parents had been long gone. They were no traces of him at all for the past three years. So why, why were his parents so hell bent on protecting this damned boy?

Three years ago, Kyuhyun heard Ryeowook. The shrilling cry ringed in his ears and Kyuhyun followed after it, curious. What he found was a chubby boy on his knees and around him were bloodied bodies and a torn-up house looking like it had just gone through a natural disaster.  Kyuhyun smelt it then. The strong scent of blood, crisp dried blood caught his attention and when Kyuhyun’s eyes whirled to the man and woman’s necks, he knew. He knew that a vampire had been here and their blood had been , their lives had been taken away by a ruthless vampire.

Feeling sick and overwhelmed, Kyuhyun pulled the boy, dragging him into an embrace. Kyuhyun had to distract himself too. He had to keep in mind that he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter