Chapter 8: Fix This

Safe & Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Donghae.

Ryeowook was bitten by him. The day that Kyuhyun first met Donghae, he knew something about his scent was familiar. It was not until the vampire disappeared that he realized why the scent was so strong, why his fangs were not hidden, why it all smelt too damned familiar. Kyuhyun sprinted through the cafeteria, his heart pounding fast. Ryeowook wasn’t anywhere in sight. Kyuhyun ran out, ignoring the calls of his friends and boyfriend, and rushed through the flocks of students in the hallway and towards their dorm.

Kyuhyun never knew his blood could run cold from fear until the moment he spotted Ryeowook, laying on the floor unconsciously.

The kid was deathly pale, his neck covered in bloodied bite marks. Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeowook, shaking him by his shoulder, repeating his name fearfully. When Ryeowook’s eyelids lifted, Kyuhyun never felt as relieved as ever.

“Ryeowook ah,” Kyuhyun begun, voice shaking. “Are.. Are you-”

Ryeowook managed a weak smile, finding Kyuhyun’s hands. “I’ll be fine.”

Once Kyuhyun had cleaned Ryeowook up and carried him to bed, Kyuhyun never dared leaving his side. He slid under the covers of the small single bed, holding Ryeowook close to him. Food, classes and friends were forgotten as Kyuhyun continued running his fingers through Ryeowook’s soft locks, listening to Ryeowook’s calm breathing, hoping that his heart would stop pounding so rapidly, wishing that his mind would stop flashing him the image of Ryeowook unconscious.

When Ryeowook recalled of the memories of what had happened while they were cuddled up, Kyuhyun gripped his fist hard trying to keep his temper in check. Ryeowook was just getting back to the dorm to get something he had forgotten and the next thing he knew was that he was thrown against the wall. There was an unbearably intense pain on his neck and the next thing he knew, Ryeowook was falling and darkness claimed him.

That night, it was Ryeowook was the one who whispered to Kyuhyun that he was alright, that everything was going to be alright before Kyuhyun was able to find sleep.

***

It was like nothing happened.

When Ryeowook shook Kyuhyun awake, his eyes were swimming with confusion. Ryeowook asked him why he was sleeping in bed with him and if he was okay and Kyuhyun stared at Ryeowook, bewildered. When Kyuhyun told Ryeowook of what had happened, his friend only scrunched his forehead and tilted his head.

“Kyu… Are you sure it wasn’t a dream?” Ryeowook asked.

Kyuhyun blinked, “But… But…”

Kyuhyun pulled Ryeowook’s collared shirt down and his eyes widened. There wasn’t any marks or bruise. It was like nothing happened. Ryeowook stared at his friend worriedly while Kyuhyun stumbled out of his bed, telling Ryeowook that he had to go. Kyuhyun rushed out then, trying to catch his breath.

It couldn’t have been just a dream. Kyuhyun remembered every single detail of last night but why couldn’t Ryeowook? He was bitten for God’s Sake! Ryeowook should be feeling unwell or the least, there should be a bruise or a small scar on Ryeowook’s neck. But there wasn’t any. So what happened?

When Kyuhyun met with Sungmin and the rest of his friends, they were treating him warily especially Sungmin. So what happened last night couldn’t have been just a dream. Sungmin was kind of mad at him for walking out on him. Kyuhyun apologized to Sungmin though his mind was wondering to somewhere far away from trying to mend Sungmin’s broken heart and their relationship for now.

No one had heard of Lee Donghae. He was not a student, neither was he a teacher here. No one knew or have heard of that name before. Kyuhyun had asked everyone. He casually told them that he found a book with his name and just wanted to return it to the owner. Heechul and Kangin looked at him funnily but he shrugged away their suspicious look. Even Ryeowook had no clue who Lee Donghae was. Kyuhyun was unsure if it was good or bad that Ryeowook hadn’t recognize the name. What he did know however was that whoever Lee Donghae was, he was a threat. He was dangerous and strong, too strong. He was not just a normal vampire, he couldn’t have been. Lee Donghae knew from the beginning that Ryeowook wasn’t an Elf. Why would he had fed on him if he hadn’t? And why couldn’t Ryeowook remember a single thing? Why did Lee Donghae claimed that Ryeowook was his? Why were there no bite marks on Ryeowook’s neck the next morning? Whatever it was, Kyuhyun was even more determined to protect Ryeowook from any idiots like him.

***

As months went on, the crazy examination period drew closer for the students of SM Institute. Kyuhyun usually had no trouble studying back when he was in High School but this was different. He had more subjects to study about now and they were not Mathematics. Kyuhyun had to memorize and stuff like that. He absolutely hated it.

Kyuhyun was used to studying with Ryeowook even back in High School. It was weird but he found it comfortable. Ryeowook never talked much and Kyuhyun preferred it that way, so that no one would distract him too much. Sungmin tended to get easily distracted and if they were to study together, they’d only ended up making out after about fifteen minutes of reading their own textbooks. Not that Kyuhyun was complaining. But he had to ace the final exams. The result slip would be emailed to his house and Kyuhyun honestly did not want his parents to know that he was starting to not do well in school. Kyuhyun would hate to think of the lecture his father would give him. As much as Kyuhyun wanted to, he couldn’t risk wasting his time with Sungmin.

His relationship with his boyfriend had been constantly on the rocks. They were always arguing about one thing or another. If wasn’t this, it was that. There was always something wrong. But most of all, Kyuhyun loathed it that eventually all their arguments would end up about Ryeowook. Sungmin had begun to notice that Kyuhyun wasn’t as mean to Ryeowook as he used to be and in fact, there were times that Kyuhyun had even offered to walk Ryeowook to class. Though, they never talked whenever in public. Sungmin also noticed that Kyuhyun stopped calling Ryeowook mean names. Kyuhyun didn’t realize it too but he just stopped being mean after what had happened with Lee Donghae.

Whoever the vampire was, Lee Donghae disappeared completely after that day. Kyuhyun never came across him and he was glad that he was ing gone. But that didn’t stop him from being protective of Ryeowook. He continued disallowing Ryeowook to have friends though it irked Kyuhyun knowing that Ryeowook and Henry were in the same Music Theory class. They probably talked behind his back too but Kyuhyun decided he could let it slide, just for that class, and maybe just for that Henry kid since he looked like he would never hurt a fly.

That night, Kyuhyun just couldn’t bring himself to read another damn line from his textbook. He was bored and exhausted from having to study all week now. Getting up from his chair, Kyuhyun muttered to Ryeowook that he was going to get some air. His roommate nodded in response, not looking up from scribbling some notes. Kyuhyun sighed, heading out of the dorm, walking around the hallways aimlessly. He decided on dropping by Heechul or Kangin’s rooms but knowing both those bastards, they would probably be sleeping with some women or men or maybe even both. Kyuhyuns shuddered at the thought.

Kyuhyun then thought of Sungmin and grinned. He dropped by the cafeteria and packed some of Sungmin’s favourite chocolate cake before proceeding to his boyfriend room to surprise him with some supper. Kyuhyun thought that it was a rather romantic idea and patted himself on the back for being such a thoughtful boyfriend. It wasn’t until just outside of Sungmin’s dorm that Kyuhyun’s blood ran cold.

Sungmin was .

Kyuhyun could hear his boyfriend . Accompanying his boyfriend’s desperate moans were manly primitive grunts. Seeing red, Kyuhyun growled and kicked onto the door with all the strength he could muster. The moans and grunts stopped and Kyuhyun could hear hushed voices speaking behind the doors. Damn it, damned whoever that was ing behind the damned door. When the door swung opened, all hell broke loose.

“Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun had already thrown the bastard against the wall and had him pinned down. Kyuhyun repeatedly punched the bastard on his face, his face turning red as he furiously unleashed the beast inside of him. This bastard was having with his boyfriend. Kyuhyun knew he was older than him but he didn’t cared. He furiously punched and kicked the living out of him. Sungmin was crying, begging for Kyuhyun to stop hitting him but Kyuhyun paid no attention to him. It wasn’t until Kyuhyun was dragged away by strong arms that he stopped hurting that motherer.

“What the , Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun stopped struggling realizing that Kangin and Heechul had dragged him away. His friends must have heard the commotion and came down. The bastard Kyuhyun had been beating up was bloodied but the minute Kangin pulled Kyuhyun off him, he scrambled to his feet and ran out of the room. it, Kyuhyun swore he was going to find him and kill him even if it was the last thing he did.

“You need to calm down!” Kangin shouted at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun breathed roughly but nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter