Chapter 12: Damaged

Safe & Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Donghae is the dark prince!”

In a heartbeat, the half-vampire pushed Kyuhyun back into his room, slamming the door behind them. Kyuhyun glanced at Henry in confusion, as he paced back and forth in the room while he spoke hurriedly. His hands were trembling while his usually happy expressions was gone. There were lines of worries on his forehead and Kyuhyun grabbed him by his shoulders, stopping him.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Kyuhyun asked, head tilted in worry. “You need to calm down and breathe and talk slowly so I can understand.”

Henry exhaled loudly before his eyes met Kyuhyun’s. “I… I heard them… Donghae… Donghae is the dark prince. They… They were talking about leaving tomorrow and how the vampires didn’t like elves and… and getting rid of the light in the world and…”

Henry’s shook his head, running a hand through his hair looking briefly distracted. When a glimmer of light passed Henry’s eyes, his jaw dropped. “Oh god, oh my god.”

“What? What’s wrong?”

“Ryeowook…”

“What?” Kyuhyun asked, shaking Henry’s shoulders. “What’s wrong with Ryeowook?”

“Donghae… Donghae’s been feeding on him.” Henry informed. “I… I think all this time, Donghae’s been feeding on him. But… He doesn’t want to do it now anymore…  He doesn’t want to hurt Ryeowook. That was why… That was why he fed on the elves yesterday.”

Kyuhyun bolted to the door, about to run for Ryeowook before Henry pulled him back. He glared back at the kid in annoyance. No one was going to stop him from protecting Ryeowook, especially now that Donghae was responsible for the two dead bodies found in the morning just now. Classes were cancelled for the day and parents were called up and advised to bring their children home for safety reasons. Kyuhyun’s emotions was in a whirl when the images of Kangin’s death came back alive in his mind and how perhaps, it was Donghae who killed him. And now, Ryeowook was with Donghae.

“Wait, wait!” Henry shouted.

“We have to get Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun insisted, growling. “If he was the one who killed the two elves, he must have been the one who killed Kangin too! Henry, Ryeowook’s life is at stake!”

“No, no.” Henry begged, still pulling onto Kyuhyun’s wrist. “Listen to what I have to say first! Think about it! Donghae killed the two students last night and if Donghae really killed Kangin, what are the chances of us surviving when he attacks us?”

Kyuhyun stilled, thinking back to the amount of times Donghae had him pinned down and defeated in no time. He hated it but the kid was right. Donghae was one of the dark prince and compared to him, Kyuhyun was just a normal vampire. Maybe if Kangin was still alive, he would dare to go up to the dark prince but… Right now, he was stuck with a half-vampire and Henry… Well… The kid would be the first to die if they got involved in a fight with Donghae.

“We still need to get Ryeowook.” Kyuhyun said, shaking his head. “Ryeowook’s too fragile and… He’s… He’s human. If Donghae ever finds out, I don’t know what he’ll do to him.”

Henry’s eyes widened, his grip on Kyuhyun’s falling. “Ryeowook’s… Ryeowook’s a human?”

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun whispered, voice full of emotions. “Why do you think I was so hell bent about him? He’s a human in a school full of vampires. He’s in danger everywhere he goes!”

It took a long time for the half-vampire to process this information and Kyuhyun couldn’t blame him. It had to be a big shock. “Kyuhyun…”

“Is… Could it be… Ryeowook…” Henry stuttered, expression full of thoughts. “They were talking and… I think Donghae’s in love with Ryeowook… I… I think Ryeowook is his soulmate. Ryeowook is the dark prince’s soulmate.”

Henry repeated it over and over again, while Kyuhyun cursed out loud. He grabbed one of his vampire history books on his and Sungmin’s shared bookshelf before flipping it to the tale of the seven dark princes’ chapter. When he found it, Kyuhyun scanned the book, his fingers moving across each words carefully.

“,” Kyuhyun cursed and then glanced up at Henry before reading a passage from the book out loud, “In order to unleash their greatest abilities, they need to find a person who shares almost the same types of soul as they do. They need to find a soulmate.”

Henry bit onto his fingernails, “The dark prince is usually known as damaged, lonely and evil. Ryeowook’s none of that… Isn’t he?”

“Damaged…” Kyuhyun trailed off.

Ryeowook was never one to express his emotions. Ryeowook was never truly happy neither was he ever excited about something. Kyuhyun could not even remember the last time Ryeowook expressed what he liked or wanted to do. The human cried for the first few weeks after his parents death and then… And then he just kind of… Stopped expressing any emotions. He was distant with everyone and everything… Even emotions. He never bothered about the other students, he never cared about how they or even Kyuhyun and his friends mistreated him. All Ryeowook did was dismissed them, every single time.

“Friends…. I… I’m sorry, Henry-shi but I think… I think you misunderstood… I… I don’t need friends.”

Kyuhyun thought back of the first few times Henry had tried to befriend Ryeowook. It wouldn’t matter if Kyuhyun did everything in his power to stop them from becoming friends because in the end, Ryeowook was ignorant. He never wanted a friend to begin with.

Was it the reason why Ryeowook’s mother and father had been killed? Because Donghae wanted to wreck Ryeowook from a young age? Why that why Kyuhyun’s parents had taken Ryeowook in after the night? They wanted to protect Ryeowook, they wanted to hide Ryeowook from Donghae, the dark prince because they knew that if Donghae ever found Ryeowook, then it would be the end o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter